• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Do you guys think you will be able to catch older pokemon before the E4? Or after you beat them?

It's already confirmed that we can.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
It's already confirmed that we can.
Are you talking about how the video showed old pokemon, cause that could just mean that they did not want to show off any other new pokemon yet.

But if I missed something sorry lol.

Last edited:
Are you talking about how the video showed old pokemon, cause that could just mean that they did not want to show off any other new pokemon yet.

It would PO a ton of people if they showed 5 different Pokemon and none of them were in game.

rocky505

They said "Some" old Pokemon will be catchable in the game.

Shneak

What you said is true, but it seems highly likely that previous generation Pokemon are in-game. For example, the trainer running into Pikachu and the statue with Golurk/Palpitoad/Eevee. It's not confirmed, but being post-E4 seems unlikely.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
What you said is true, but it seems highly likely that previous generation Pokemon are in-game. For example, the trainer running into Pikachu and the statue with Golurk/Palpitoad/Eevee. It's not confirmed, but being post-E4 seems unlikely.
Well I am hoping you can catch older pokemon, I want to, I just don't want to get my hopes up in till something is said for sure.

Mokepon22

I thought we saw ledges in the trailer anyway?

Cookies to the first person who can spot the ledge.

800px-XY_Prerelease_Route_3.jpg

If these are replacing the ledges I can see how they could work, sliding down but really hard to climb back up...they're kinda big though, take off 1-2 layers and it would be perfect

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
The only Pokemon that seems likely is Pikachu, even that's just a wild guess, but I think they only used place holders. I mean why would they have Froakie fighting a fully evolved Pokemon?

Flame Mistress

The only Pokemon that seems likely is Pikachu, even that's just a wild guess, but I think they only used place holders. I mean why would they have Froakie fighting a fully evolved Pokemon?

In tall grass out of all places, no less. I personally think there will be older Pokémon pre-E4, but not all of the ones showcased in the trailer.

Shneak

Golurk was conveniently in the neighbourhood?

There's some other plausible Pokemon, like Meinfoo, Audino, Dratini, Munchlax, Psyduck, Litwick and Palpitoad.

But why would they choose Golurk of all things as a filler? I can understand them choosing patrat and magikarp because those are extremely basic, but Golurk isn't. They could have put anything, but they put a fully evolved Golurk as nothing more than filler.

Besides, if I remember correctly, Black and White used the unevolved starters for quite some time. I think at one point they were even at level fifty and battling evolved Pokmon.

Mokepon22

It could be a gym set in a Volcano, it would explain the towers of fire.

It seems more like an Elite 4 room, the rooms is big, didn't see anybody else in it and the Elite 4's room always had some flashy feature which the flaming towers would fit in to

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
But why would they choose Golurk of all things as a filler? I can understand them choosing patrat and magikarp because those are extremely basic, but Golurk isn't. They could have put anything, but they put a fully evolved Golurk as nothing more than filler.

Besides, if I remember correctly, Black and White used the unevolved starters for quite some time. I think at one point they were even at level fifty and battling evolved Pokmon.

Ah, I see the logic behind Golurk, since it was also seen in that big statue and battled. The others just seem random, but I do think we'll see more Pre-Gen before the E-4.

Manene!

I wonder if because of the 3D, we'll start to see more of the VS faces? If you look at them on the DS games, they would be perfect for the 3DS. They could easily make them pop-out. So I wonder if more characters will get them? In the older games certain characters didn't one, like Cynthia in B/W/B2/W2, even though you would think she would. So I wonder if other Cynthia-esque characters will get one too this time around? Or maybe even everyone that you can battle?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Iwata stated it in the Nintendo Direct announcement.

[video=youtube;VzO6J981nAw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzO6J981nAw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Skip to 10:43.

Gotcha, thanks.

It seems more like an Elite 4 room, the rooms is big, didn't see anybody else in it and the Elite 4's room always had some flashy feature which the flaming towers would fit in to

When I saw that room in the trailer it screamed Pokemon League to me.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Iwata stated it in the Nintendo Direct announcement.

[video=youtube;VzO6J981nAw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzO6J981nAw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Skip to 10:43.
Thanks, I missed that, only because to me that could still mean after you beat the main story, like in other games. But I am hoping that meant before, thanks for pointing that out.

When I saw that room in the trailer it screamed Pokemon League to me.
Me too, lol, my brother did not think so, but I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.