• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
So it is said that trainers grow their bond by holding its horns. Could that mean that humans can partake in the actual pokemon battle as well as in our protagonists can have attack and special attack stats and we as human trainers can faint before our own pokemon faint?

What's the source for this?

If it's the Pokedex, it's probably just bullcrap.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I wonder if Seasons are going to be implemented again. I'm ASSUMING Day/Night is going to be there again, even though we haven't gotten any screens, so its starting to worry me...

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
What's the source for this?

If it's the Pokedex, it's probably just bullcrap.

I wish it were true, just imagine trainers growing bonds by holding it's horns... Classic.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
I wonder if Seasons are going to be implemented again. I'm ASSUMING Day/Night is going to be there again, even though we haven't gotten any screens, so its starting to worry me...

yeah mee too :( i was hoping for seasons also

BurningWhiteKyurem

It's still TOO early to assume that because there's no screens that it increases the probability that the feature won't return. Plus this is the only news since what...February? I'd wait for more screens before being too worried about seasons and day/night.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
One of the very first screens showed a different time of the day, so there is always that.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

Maybe, maybe not. I'd imagine GameFreak's worrying more about the actual gameplay than aesthetics at this point - notice we've still only seen one battle background.

I wish it were true, just imagine trainers growing bonds by holding it's horns... Classic.

"Aw, man, I love this chick, she rides me around while grabbing my horns."

R_N

The day/night "fear" is the stupidest god damn thing.

We go through this every single game, even in Platinum. EVEN IN HGSS.
The vast majority of screenshots are always in the day time because it makes everything clear and easy to see.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Look at the Tainer's Shadow!!! it looks like it moves with the time of day

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
"Aw, man, I love this chick, she rides me around while grabbing my horns."

That's what I'm saying! It's hilarious really, still at least Gogoat is getting something back from the trainer and not riding around feeling used. A quality Pokédex entry for the older fans.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

The vast majority of screenshots are always in the day time because it makes everything clear and easy to see.

okay

so am I like the only one here who wouldn't miss it if it didn't return

someone give me validation on this, I honestly wouldn't miss it at all

gpt11

Maybe, maybe not. I'd imagine GameFreak's worrying more about the actual gameplay than aesthetics at this point - notice we've still only seen one battle background.

Actually if you look at the screen shots on on Pokebeach you can see they background changes depending on the area your in!

in one there is a fence and hills in a type of field area and another is a forest area which is surrounded by trees there is also an image of Fennekin standing on a sandy/ground area in the forest instead of the usual grass after using a fire attack which is making me wonder did it burn the grass away?

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk

Well, alright. Thanks for the reassurance..

The Gameplay for X and Y looks amazing. Here are some things that strikes my interest.

- The Ability to Maneuver in any Directions
- The Concept of intereacting with a bench and enjoying the view
- More Customization Features
- Changing camera angles
- The Protagonist changing there view when he/she see's something that Strikes there Interest
- Seeing the Protagonist riding Gogoat "on the field"
- Cars

Im really looking forwards for the next Gameplay Trailer. It would be interesting to see what it has to show.
Im loving X and Y so far.

Last edited:

Regality

Digital King
I am honestly not fussed about being able to sit on benches and stuff, but I guess it will be good for when I just wanna mess around for a bit.
The customization is a nice touch and I am looking forward to finding out how you unlock different items of clothing, I am going for a large shopping centre in the large city.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Is it just me, or is the Battle HUD just seem awkward? Hopefully it's just a prototype and it'll be fixed, because I don't like it now....

Regality

Digital King
It looks... alright I guess?
Its understandable that they had to change it though, for it to cope with the changing angles in the battle.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I really want a physical version of hidden power as well as a special version of intimidate. physical pokemon are sort of lacking in that aspect. not that it would make a huge difference but it's be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.