• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokefan1905

X and Y are shaping up to be great games with a lot of great, much requested, features. I desperately, desperately want pokemon following you outside of their poke balls to return though. Riding on pokemon seems like a step in the right direction. The 3D models will already exist for the battles, it doesn't seem like a stretch to take those same models and use them on the field. Sadly, if anything like this were being included we'd probably have already seen hints of it by now :(

I hear where you're coming from. I thought it was really cool in HGSS and I still find it cool now. I guess GF is trying to see what the fan's reactions to riding pokemon are before they really impliment things like pokemon following you and riding other pokemon anywhere. But I think it's safe to assume that we haven't seen everything X and Y has to offer yet so don't be too quick to judge.

storm12

Weather Bearer
This might certainly seem premature, but has anyone thought about any potential moves for the Fairy type if it is true?

I know there will certainly be some interesting status moves and possibly some retypes for moves like Refresh, Safeguard and Wish. But I've also been thinking in terms of offensive moves.

I could certainly imagine like a shadow ball variant called 'Fairy Cannon' or something really obvious- it would be like the utility Special based move for lots of pokemon- perhaps lowering Attack instead of Special Defense? Perhaps a variant of Silver Wind called Glamor (as a magical term, though it could look like a kind of pixie dust attack) Wind or something. There could be a Fire Blast variant called Nature Force. An attack called Spirit Flames that can cause a burn?

On the physical side, there could be an attack called 'Spirit Dagger', that would be a Slash variant. I was thinking that the physical Fairy moves could be to do with creating spectral weapons? Like there could be a multi-hit move called Fairy Spear maybe. A Double Edge variant called Sacrificial Charge or something?

I could imagine a lot of the attack animations for these moves featuring gold, purple and greenish colour effects. Maybe some pink, but like pastel shades

Mudster

Master of the Legend
Sorry if already been mentioned, but one thing I did notice is that pokedex still uses the miniature sprites, thought that was interesting. Also I think the pokeballs on the status screen were sprites as well.

Pokefan1905

Omg we could start a "replace pokemon move names with fairy" :p Like Fairythrower or Fairy gun (LOL)

Ok on a more serious note, maybe like Fairy Glint or smth for special?

storm12

Weather Bearer
Omg we could start a "replace pokemon move names with fairy" :p Like Fairythrower or Fairy gun (LOL)

Ok on a more serious note, maybe like Fairy Glint or smth for special?

Haha :|

I was only using existing moves as a base rather than inventing new mechanics; which I'm sure such a type will have a variety of. I'm thinking about the aesthetics of moves more really.

It is only really Fairy Spear and Fairy Cannon- variations of Icicle Spear and Flash Cannon. Sounds better than Fairy Ball and Fairy Bullets :p

You know you like the spirit weapon thing though ;) I think there could be a move called Purging Light, that can be really powerful on status-ed enemies, but then cures their status ailment. How about an attack called Winter Essence that has a high chance of freezing. Spirit Lance; high critical hit ratio and a chance of lowering Defense. Eidolon Flash (probably not this one :p) that lowers accuracy and attack.

Fairy Glint sounds like it could be a Mirror Shot variant :)

It is I-

So the starters have Tackle, Pound, and Scratch. Do you think (1.) Scratch and Pound will be brought up to 50 base power, or (2.) Chespin will have a slight advantage in the "We just got our first Pokemon, lets fight!" Rival battle. Or, to be more inculsive, (3.) Tackle will be brought down to 40 base power, of (4.) It will be like RSE and B/W 2 where we had plenty of opportunity to grind to level 10 before fighting a level 6/7 rival.

confuser987

Haha :|

I was only using existing moves as a base rather than inventing new mechanics; which I'm sure such a type will have a variety of. I'm thinking about the aesthetics of moves more really.

It is only really Fairy Spear and Fairy Cannon- variations of Icicle Spear and Flash Cannon. Sounds better than Fairy Ball and Fairy Bullets :p

You know you like the spirit weapon thing though ;) I think there could be a move called Purging Light, that can be really powerful on status-ed enemies, but then cures their status ailment. How about an attack called Winter Essence that has a high chance of freezing. Spirit Lance; high critical hit ratio and a chance of lowering Defense. Eidolon Flash (probably not this one :p) that lowers accuracy and attack.

Fairy Glint sounds like it could be a Mirror Shot variant :)

They can always turn Gunk Shot into Fairy shot, turning the most disgusting moves into the most nicely scented moves.

storm12

Weather Bearer
They can always turn Gunk Shot into Fairy shot, turning the most disgusting moves into the most nicely scented moves.

Haha, I don't think Gunkshot is supposed to be as gross as it sounds, it's original name like Dust shoot? I dunno, still kind of Ew. I dunno about Fairy moves being nicely scented, they'd probably all smell of damp dirt, wood, cinnamon, and ash. I dunno, random :|

Ooh ooh, How about including a much easier way to decipher IVs; I think it is the most frustrating part of the hidden calculations.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
so were making up Fairy moves now????

Fairy Beam >.<

Regality

Digital King
I personally pair the word spirit with ghost types....

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
who's Spamming?

so since we can sit on the benches do you think it will auto save when we sit???

Last edited:

hevver

Heart of Darkness
who's Spamming?

so since we can sit on the benches do you think it will auto save when we sit???

I hope so, I like the idea of booting up my game and being able to see my character resting on a bench. I would also like it if there was a bed I can lay on and save my game.

atraus

I think they going to introduce a new battle mechanic due to Panchans ability. I think if a pokemon uses a stat changing ability (or has on used on it) the effects will remain for the duration of the battle (even if it switches out. It just makes sense with Panchans attack because what we be the point of lowering the opposing's pokemons stats then switching it out if it didn't stick?

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Maybe they might have added auto-save.

for when you sit on the bench

lay in any bed

enter any town..... that would save the pain for when u accadently forget to save

Status
Not open for further replies.