• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Besides we don't even have a Eeveelution of each type yet it seems a bit early to be getting into duel-types just yet

In reguards to the Holiday thing I think it would be great if Seasons come into this Gen then I don't see why not maybe we can get special outfits for the Holidays and like said maybe on certain Holidays certain pokemon become more easy to catch like on Easter would be Rabbits and Birds on Halloween Ghosts and Dark Types and on Christmas Ice and certain other Pokemon

They could also add in Japanese festivals like Obon (Almost like Halloween) and that one I can't remember the name of off hand it would make Celestual Pokemon easier to catch and im sure theres French Festivals/Holidays so you could add those too and make up some Kalos exclusive Festivals/Holidays

Holidays are too much of a cultural concept, I can't see them doing that.

Karlos Region

Kiss me Stunfisk!
Talking about new types, Sylveon and color schemes... I think in Audino... Normal-Type, Pink, Beige/Cream, Light Blue eyes, some ornaments (those thingys coming out from its WING shaped ears, cutesy look, and a wide movepool... so Sylveon-ish to me.. so, Why Sylveon CAN'T be a Normal-type? or, even better, WHY can't Audino be a Fairy-type? hehehe maybe in Unova, for being a modern urban society, they didnt believe in fairies, but Kalos, its more mythical, magical and esoteric... so... maybe, they discovered the fairy type cuz they believed fairies existed and Kalos' Professor was doing research about this...
EDIT: Audino belongs to Fairy egg group, to find it withing Unova, you needed to jump on a shaking bush to engage with it, that sound fairy-ish to me, like "oh, those Fairy pokemon! like Audino! it is so hard to find... you need to wait for one to come out of its hideout, and then GRAB IT! sooo tricky! now, give me the cookies, and tea, Eleonore"

Last edited:

R_N

I hope if there is a new type they just sort of don't acknowledge it
You know like the "Oh man we just discovered this thing that has been around forever!" junk. GSC did that with the new Pokemon and new types and it got really stupid when you started to think about it (HGSS changed that, obviously)

grenwood

the things i want back the most are the mom saving your money feature which should have never left, poketch, and pokewalker. the top one is the mom saving money feature, the other two would just make it perfect. especially if they rerelease the yellow forest so we can obtain pikachu with surf and fly. by the way im new here and im looking forward to discussing the future of the videogames on this forum. im not into the anime though i do like the manga.

grenwood

Hey, Pokewood was awesome! xD Better than Pokemon musicals and contests and stuff, IMO.

I really, really, REALLY want a secret base this time. Pretty much THE biggest feature from Gen III that I missed the most. It would be even better if you could do something meaningful there, like heal your Pokemon or if they went the extra mile and brought back being able to battle other people in their bases.
they should bring back the underground. that had a secret base in it and a hell of alot more as well. being able to battle in the secret base wouldb be nice too but now we have ir for that

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I hope if there is a new type they just sort of don't acknowledge it
You know like the "Oh man we just discovered this thing that has been around forever!" junk. GSC did that with the new Pokemon and new types and it got really stupid when you started to think about it (HGSS changed that, obviously)

What about through tongue in cheek methodology? Like... "Poison's effective against Fairy-types, but don't expect the same results in return. What you didn't already know that? You've got a long way to becoming a Pokémon Master! ROCK ON!" - Roxie

Or something along those lines. Obviously those of us who've been playing since 1998 will catch on to comments like that. The new players would probably just blow over it unknowingly.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
What about through tongue in cheek methodology? Like... "Poison's effective against Fairy-types, but don't expect the same results in return. What you didn't already know that? You've got a long way to becoming a Pokémon Master! ROCK ON!" - Roxie

Or something along those lines. Obviously those of us who've been playing since 1998 will catch on to comments like that. The new players would probably just blow over it unknowingly.

There should be something like that, yeah. While it doesn't make sense for them to talk about how it's been newly discovered or whatever, there should be something in the games to suggest that the type exists for unaware veterans and here's what it's good against and these kinds of Pokemons have the type so WATCH OUT and maybe carry these types of Pokemons because oh, those'll just destroy this new type like a Golem crushing a Pikachu.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
the type exists for unaware veterans and here's what it's good against and these kinds of Pokemon have the type so WATCH OUT and maybe carry these types of Pokemon

That would be the formula Pokémon has used since Generation I for type advice, so this isn't something new.

I actually hope that the games give you the option to have less hints:I don't need my hand held throughout the game by a series of NPCs, thank you.

nuzamaki90

Since we're talking about types, did you all hear about the new rumored Laser-type?

Because I sure didn't :'(

No but anyway, how do you guys think the Sky Battles will work if they hold true? Will they be like PokeRinger or just a regular battle just with a sky backdrop?

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Since we're talking about types, did you all hear about the new rumored Laser-type?

Because I sure didn't :'(

No but anyway, how do you guys think the Sky Battles will work if they hold true? Will they be like PokeRinger or just a regular battle just with a sky backdrop?

Laser-type? Where on earth did that come from?

Firebrand

Indomitable

While a poke-ringer type minigame would be cool, I don't understand why people are so obsessed with the idea of actually flying when we use fly. Fly exists as a "warp", to quickly convey players from one town to another. Forcing you to go through a sky route would completely defeat the purpose of that, because the whole point of using fly is instant travel.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
the things i want back the most are the mom saving your money feature which should have never left, poketch, and pokewalker. the top one is the mom saving money feature, the other two would just make it perfect. especially if they rerelease the yellow forest so we can obtain pikachu with surf and fly. by the way im new here and im looking forward to discussing the future of the videogames on this forum. im not into the anime though i do like the manga.

YESSS!!!!! we need that back........

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
While a poke-ringer type minigame would be cool, I don't understand why people are so obsessed with the idea of actually flying when we use fly. Fly exists as a "warp", to quickly convey players from one town to another. Forcing you to go through a sky route would completely defeat the purpose of that, because the whole point of using fly is instant travel.

Mainly because people want to explore the skies. And they could make it so you could still instantly warp wherever you want.

R_N

Did anyone saw the extended maintenance sign in the Global Link? Why extended?? Could they add the dream world in XY?

I....this....
This happens all the time. Usually because of the competition ending/starting or whatever

They have seriously been doing "extended maintenance" for at least 2 years now

elfrings

Not so much speculation as a wish...
It would be nice if Frustration and Return affected the happiness/friendliness of the pokemon using the attack - or perhaps just a chance of affecting. It would make sense. The more you use Return, the more likely your happiness will increase and the more often you use Frustration, the more often your happiness decreases.

Bariokie

rock dog
Not so much speculation as a wish...
It would be nice if Frustration and Return affected the happiness/friendliness of the pokemon using the attack - or perhaps just a chance of affecting. It would make sense. The more you use Return, the more likely your happiness will increase and the more often you use Frustration, the more often your happiness decreases.

Wouldn't that make it too easier to incerease the happiness?
Just fight the lv 2 pokemon and your done -.-
Or would it work exp wise?
Wo knows...WHO KNOWS..

Conclusion: wouldn't happen ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.