• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Do you guys think there will be part-time jobs in XY?

No, we don't. It sounds interesting, but the point of the main games is to battle all necessary and required gyms, move onto the Elite Four, and become the League Champion. Completing the pokédex is another goal as well.

Pokefan1905

No, we don't. It sounds interesting, but the point of the main games is to battle all necessary and required gyms, move onto the Elite Four, and become the League Champion. Completing the pokédex is another goal as well.

It's true but it doesn't have to be a part of the real gameplay, it can be an optional thing

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
I would very much like if you aren't able to transfer any Pokemon from any past games, since it would feel very fresh to make a new start. Also the excitement to see how past generation Pokemon will look like could be very interesting to look forward to, instead of just trading your old Pokemon.

Like when Ruby/Sapphire was released, I remember how excited I was about seeing gen. 1 and 2 Pokemon, which you couldn't getting Ruby/Sapphire. When Firered/Leafgreen came out, it felt just as fresh and new as Ruby/Sapphire, because Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle was never seen on the Game Boy Advance as well as the legendaries and a bunch of other Pokemon. I really hope that it will be the same way in X and Y.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
It's true but it doesn't have to be a part of the real gameplay, it can be an optional thing

Well, managing the Join Avenue is something like a part-time job, but the thing is, you're not earning.
I like something of the sort to return. But this time, you earn money.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Well, managing the Join Avenue is something like a part-time job, but the thing is, you're not earning.
I like something of the sort to return. But this time, you earn money.

Why in a game get a part-time job? seems kinda stupid cuz you receve money by battling.......but i'll admit it sounds interesting

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Why in a game get a part-time job? seems kinda stupid cuz you receve money by battling.......but i'll admit it sounds interesting

The more I get paid, the more Max Repels I can use.
Sounds like a fantastic idea.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry

I knew the euro crisis got out of hand but this is ridiculous, its gotten to the point were people want a part time job in a video game.

I know my Pokemon trainer isn't going to work part time during inflation for devalued Pokéeuros. He will stick to being a Pokemon trainer.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The more I get paid, the more Max Repels I can use.
Sounds like a fantastic idea.

Speaking of Max Repels, BW2's Repel implement was nice that you didn't have to go through the Bag anymore, this needs to be a staple in XY personally.

And lmao at video games implementing part time jobs, I'm not going to work while some villain takes over Kalos.

Last edited:

cyberworrier94

Story Writer
How about mini games that have good rewards. Also I'd love to see a social aspect level system for the trainer, like you complete a NPC side quest or a person from Spot Pass who needs help, and you then gain EXP for your character. Then those levels will allow to get great items and even some exclusive pokemon.
Also, who else here thinks that some Pokemon needs a move set change. In my opinion, I wouldn't mind Gligar and its evo to learn Fly. The same can go to other pokemon.

grenwood

Thats gameplay, in reality and lore pokemon aren't your slaves, supposedly you battle them and befriend them.

You guys just throw awful idea after awful idea, its like everything goes for you guys, if it depended on some users, pokemon would be digimon, wear armors, have 10 evolutions, we would have 5-10 more types and the other awful out there opinions we see there, it seems like you guys don't know what pokemon is about, whats the essence of the game, innovation is great in a smart way and Gamefreak has been able to do that every region, the series is fine, we don't need random awfull crazyness to be part of it.

"CoroCoro comes out and Gamefreak introduces a pokemon that evolves by dislike of its trainer" me "...idiots..."

Sugestions are cool guys, sugesting every random thing even the ones you are not sure that make any type of sense is not cool, oh and all of this would be evaded if people took 5 minutes to debate their though.

gary oak would beg to differ. in the first season in particular his pokeomon were worked harder than any human slave could be. in his sinnoh appearence he seemed alot nicer but they didnt show his relationship with his pokeomon.

You can trade pokemon which know HMs (so long as they haven't hatched yet.) I had a trainer in B/W 2 surfing before acquiring even the first gym badge. :)
no you cant. i dont know about the egg thing but you have to delete hms before you can trade. this has been the rule since the beginning. and again my other suggestion was to make it so they wont let you use delete moves in that are the same way they dont let you use your bike in other areas. also someone else pointed out you cant trade in b2w2 untill you get first gym badge.

why is no one else intigued by the idea of your mom saving your money again? this was one of the best features in any game because of the amount of money you got from it when you needed it and it is something every mom should do.

Last edited by a moderator:

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
why is no one else intigued by the idea of your mom saving your money again? this was one of the best features in any game because of the amount of money you got from it when you needed it and it is something every mom should do.

Triple post = no-no.
I don't care if my video game mom saves money for me. I'm pretty good at holding on to my virtual money.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Interestingly enough, The idea Join Avenue being used more in StreetPass features would make the most sense. That is because Join Avenue was like a passerby market while StreetPass is a passerby system used by the 3DS. Something like having you earn roughly 10% or maybe 25% of the sales of what the passerby person bought in the Avenue would be the idea for earning money in that area. I mean, It ain't consumerism if you don't receive what you earn what you sold and PokéMarts earn their money and pay for what they buy from you to begin with anyways.

But hey, I wouldn't mind to have something like a credit card/bank system in the game so that it would be easy to have lots of money but still being able to hold all the money you earn without no limit. Now that would solve money problems in the games since it works and Animal Crossing proved it.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I'm hoping more for the comeback of the World Tournament then Join Avenue(even though I wish it is since it was cool) but I'm not expecting the world tournament to come back unfortunatly, they have to do models to all those old characters since they can't just use the sprite.

elfrings

This is a lie, because you can't trade until you get the first badge in b2w2.

Oh right. Must've been immediately after the first gym then - it was VERY early in the game, is the point. I'll go back & edit my post.
But yes, you can trade pokemon which know HMs so long as they haven't yet hatched.

Last edited:

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
I would very much like if you aren't able to transfer any Pokemon from any past games, since it would feel very fresh to make a new start. Also the excitement to see how past generation Pokemon will look like could be very interesting to look forward to, instead of just trading your old Pokemon.

Like when Ruby/Sapphire was released, I remember how excited I was about seeing gen. 1 and 2 Pokemon, which you couldn't getting Ruby/Sapphire. When Firered/Leafgreen came out, it felt just as fresh and new as Ruby/Sapphire, because Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle was never seen on the Game Boy Advance as well as the legendaries and a bunch of other Pokemon. I really hope that it will be the same way in X and Y.

Oh....no....I for one would absolutely hate if there wasn't a way for me to transfer my pokemon. I didn't spend all that time honing my teams skills to perfection, (iv breeding, EV training, level grinding, etc) just for the, to shut down my entire team of pokemon...slash that* my ENTIRE arsenal of pokemon. If YOU want to start FRESH, fine...don't trade over your past pokemon, but for people like me, I'd strongly appreciate if game freak added a very easy transferring system, like how they did with the D/P switch to B/W.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The fact that we can play DS games on the 3DS pretty much guarantees that we can transfer our Pokemon from Gen 4/5 into XY, but with the use of a third party app.

cyberworrier94

Story Writer
The fact that we can play DS games on the 3DS pretty much guarantees that we can transfer our Pokemon from Gen 4/5 into XY, but with the use of a third party app.

My Thoughts exactly. Nintendo has already proven that a DS game will work fine with a 3DS App, and Dream radar was most likely a test to do the transfer via app from DS to a 3DS (even if it was sending pkm to a DS cart, it still worked flawlessly). However I would like it if the app was free and not paid. That is my only issue.

One thing many people I surprised are talking about is the Skate board. You know, the item that was supposed to replace the bike in Gen 2. Well if X and Y has custom characters, and skates, then there is a likely chance we could see the skate board as well!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
One thing many people I surprised are talking about is the Skate board. You know, the item that was supposed to replace the bike in Gen 2. Well if X and Y has custom characters, and skates, then there is a likely chance we could see the skate board as well!

I don't think Skateboard is best suited to various terrains especially if you're heading uphill. Bicycle is still the best form of quick transportation for the main character.

I want to see the Acro/Mach Bike combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.