• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Anya

Alright, so.

Does anyone else wish that GF would do the unthinkable and change the whole concept of the Elite 4? I know the anime is a completely separate deal, but honestly I'm tired of just going from room to room 5 times, especially when they're not even that difficult. So, I'd much rather there be a tournament, like in the anime, and make it more of a big spectacle. A lot like the PWT, but obviously on a much bigger stage, with bigger rewards, and more of a challenge. There could be x-number of possible trainers that you can face, so it's not the same ones every time, and some have a type specialty, others might have a mix of types, etc.

Go through that and you get to challenge the Champion.

I doubt GF would ever change the E4 that much (changing it in BW to not be a set order was surprising enough...), but it's something I wish would happen.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
hopefully we have multiple save files that way you can enjoy all 3 starters without buying a new game and you have multiple teams for online if one fails use the one on another save file.

Regality

Digital King
hopefully we have multiple save files that way you can enjoy all 3 starters without buying a new game and you have multiple teams for online if one fails use the one on another save file.

This. Dear God please.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

This. Dear God please.

99.9% it won't happen, the whole point of Pokémon games is for you to go on a journey as yourself, not having more than one entities of yourself. Yes TLoZ could be countered with it but TLoT =/= Pokémon.

Lady Anya

Yeah, at least two save files. I sometimes like to start over and go through the fun of the main story and leveling up with a completely new team, but I don't because I don't want to lose my current team at the time, so at least a second save file would help a lot, and prevent me from buying another copy.

oh wait that's what they want us to do

gpt11

I would love a way to boost Pokemon IV's

They could create a mini game that you could play but you are only able to raise 2 IV's between 0 - 30 up to 31 but in order to make it harder you can only play it once a day

that would create a hell of a lot more competitive players for WIFI battles

Regality

Digital King
99.9% it won't happen, the whole point of Pokémon games is for you to go on a journey as yourself, not having more than one entities of yourself. Yes TLoZ could be countered with it but TLoT =/= Pokémon.

...what if I have a multiple personality disorder? ;)

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Yeah, at least two save files. I sometimes like to start over and go through the fun of the main story and leveling up with a completely new team, but I don't because I don't want to lose my current team at the time, so at least a second save file would help a lot, and prevent me from buying another copy.

oh wait that's what they want us to do

Yeah i always did that before i was capable of getting wifi pokemon now i can't reset black 2 because i have deoxys, you could always trade them over to a friend so he can trade them back later on

epigmann

i agree i always rush through the first playthrough wanting to see all the new things so multiple save files would be good
i also like to restart as i miss the story half the time lol

Gipauchii

Elite Trainer
So we can now walk diagonally and sit on benches. You know what would really be awesome?....

If we could sit on diagonal benches.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Having multiple saves will be heavily exploited. GF is aware of that. The reason why we're stuck with a single save.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Well, we know we'll see Lass again in X/Y. What other Trainer class you think will return?
Youngster, Twins, Hiker, Scientist, Beauty, Fisherman, Ace Trainer, Pokefan, Veteran, School Kid, Tuber, and Swimmer seems to be a given by now, they're present in every single Gen iirc (or at least 4 out of 5 Gens)

Hopefully Bug Catcher, Psychic, Picnicker, Sailor, Sis & Bro, Aroma Lady, Bird Keeper, Collector, and Hex Maniac makes a comeback. I would like to see more Preschooler as well, especially in "Battle" facilities and post-game areas, personally I think it's funny seeing a toddler girl commanding lv 50+ Pokemon, especially if it is fully evolved :p

And considering Kalos is based on France, I have a feeling we'll get some Young Couple, Lady, Rich Boy, and Painter.

rocky505

Here's a better idea. Buy both games and you can have 2 save files because they will never do this.

Regality

Digital King
I want genetic items this gen.. Like, the Primal Gene doubles attack but halves defense and special defense.
Just things like that, massively boosting one stat whilst reducing others.

gpt11

Here's a better idea. Buy both games and you can have 2 save files because they will never do this.

even better as you can keep 1 game as your save file and play through the other as many times as you like transferring pokemon over to the main

and you get access to more event pokemon this way :p

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I want genetic items this gen.. Like, the Primal Gene doubles attack but halves defense and special defense.
Just things like that, massively boosting one stat whilst reducing others.

We just need a Belly Drum for Special Attack and Speed. Combine it with Sitrus berry or Leftovers and you're pretty much set.

Status
Not open for further replies.