• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto24

I'd like to see Intimidate for SpA.

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
So there's StreetPass and SpotPass and also digital downloads on the eShop? Interesting.
Now the real question is...If you say, get Pokemon X as a Retail copy and then Pokemon Y as a digital download, will you be able to trade between the two on the same 3DS?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Kind of....
If you would capture a pokemon and it would be send to the computer and it would have been fainted you would have to restore the pokemon until you can use it. It would be sad if you forgot the pokemon in the box and it would have been fainted for all that time...

§ Colress §

Wasn't present when the games came out:
- Red/Green
- Blue
- Yellow

If you poisoned a pokemon, and caught it, it would still be poisoned when you retrieve it from the box. Sad, but true.

Remember this everyone:

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/primary_feature/

I'm wondering if this and the two other links linking to "Strategy" and "What's New" is going to be the XY info tomorrow and the link could tie in to the quote "That'll change battling history forever".

Double-type moves? :p

...what if I have a multiple personality disorder? ;)

Then you can still buy two games, or three, if you're sociopath-side likes Pokémon as well.

Well, we know we'll see Lass again in X/Y. What other Trainer class you think will return?
Youngster, Twins, Hiker, Scientist, Beauty, Fisherman, Ace Trainer, Pokefan, Veteran, School Kid, Tuber, and Swimmer seems to be a given by now, they're present in every single Gen iirc (or at least 4 out of 5 Gens)

Hopefully Bug Catcher, Psychic, Picnicker, Sailor, Sis & Bro, Aroma Lady, Bird Keeper, Collector, and Hex Maniac makes a comeback. I would like to see more Preschooler as well, especially in "Battle" facilities and post-game areas, personally I think it's funny seeing a toddler girl commanding lv 50+ Pokemon, especially if it is fully evolved :p

And considering Kalos is based on France, I have a feeling we'll get some Young Couple, Lady, Rich Boy, and Painter.

It kinda depends on what gyms will be available as well. If there's a Bug-type gym, then Bug Catcher is sort of indispensable - I'd say. I disliked the harlequin theme of the Castelia gym. It just felt weird. What the heck were clowns doing in a bugs nest? I want them Channeler's to return, with their insane gurgling sounds and what not! xD

even better as you can keep 1 game as your save file and play through the other as many times as you like transferring pokemon over to the main

and you get access to more event pokemon this way :p

You'd need 2 3DS's though... I don't even have one yet.. :p Or a friend, and lord knows I don't have any.. xD [joke]

We just need a Belly Drum for Special Attack and Speed. Combine it with Sitrus berry or Leftovers and you're pretty much set.

That Speed Drum would be ridiculous for whatever attacker is going to use it. The only defense would be to hope that you have a wall, or a TR-user with a FS! xD

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
Speed Drum + Baton Pass. Welp...Smeargle would have a new toy...If it pulls it off and passes it to something with High Attack but low Speed like Tyranitar...Meep

Last edited:

Bariokie

rock dog
Spotpass will probably be like friend code exchange and battles or something like that.

Note: E3 starts in 9.5 minutes :3

~ Colress ~

Last edited:

Kall El

..Silence..
Fairy types are Super Effective against Dragons.

Yeah! That's so awesome. Dragons will have to think twice before they barrage through like they own the place :]
And it's so interesting that Marill, Gardevoir are Fairy types. I wonder if it'll be like how Magnemite gained a type or will they replace their existing type, probably the former :]

JW1004

Yeah! That's so awesome. Dragons will have to think twice before they barrage through like they own the place :]
And it's so interesting that Marill, Gardevoir are Fairy types. I wonder if it'll be like how Magnemite gained a type or will they replace their existing type, probably the former :]
I think it depends on the Pokémon, I can see them retyping Jigglypuff to a pure Fairy, but yeah Marill and Gardevoir will probably add it

Hasty

Moonside
Omg so epic! Fairy type confirmed!! but i'm a little sad that Mawile is no Fairy type... and this new Pokemon Noivern looks like Swoobats evolution (Nose, Ears,...), maybe Swoobat will lose its Psycho type for Dragon :eek:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Pokemon-Amie. Finally! My wish of having a petting minigame have finally come true.
The treats we will give them is pretty much the Poffin of this region.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
but i'm a little sad that Mawile is no Fairy type...

we don't know that for sure.

Anyway, Moonblast, finally a night counterpart for Solarbeam?

absolfusion

Soon.......
WOO! FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED! *starts runnung up and down the streets butt naked* but seriously, this has been a LONG time coming ! Also fairy type gardevoir for the win!

Regality

Digital King
Omg so epic! Fairy type confirmed!! but i'm a little sad that Mawile is no Fairy type... and this new Pokemon Noivern looks like Swoobats evolution (Nose, Ears,...), maybe Swoobat will lose its Psycho type for Dragon :eek:

It is definitely not swoobats evolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.