• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

I really hope that the Fairy type isn't outright immune to Dragon type moves like it was rumored to be and is simply resistant to them instead.

I'm liking Noivern, and I've always wanted a feature like Pokemon Amie in the games.

JW1004

Pokémon-Amie seems interesting, I wonder if Pokémon with other ID's could listen to you, if you would use that mini game enough

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I'm gonna love the Pokemon-Amie, a pretty cool new way to bond with your pokemon. I got really excited when I saw the Snorlax in the trailer :D
Looks like a new type of treat, maybe this regions puffins.

Furret Master

Champion Seeker
Well, the petting mini-game seems really epic. As for the Fairy type...okay. I'm a bit sad that it's super-effective to Dragon (I'm a huge Dragon fan), but it still seems pretty interesting, no question.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Dark and Flying seem not to resist Fairy type. No indication on whether they are weak to it though.

Regality

Digital King
..looks like they stole the petting idea from Kingdom hearts Dream Drop Distance..

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Marill...a Fairy? How does that make any sense. And was Clefairy just too obvious... and from Pokemon Smash, I wonder if Fairy is also Super Effective against Ice. If Gardevoir is now a dual type (Psychic/Fairy) then that supposed Poison weakness just got neutralize and has something to fear from it's other STAB. Yeah I really have no clue how this new type is gonna work into the gameplay.

That interacting feature is pretty cool though

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
H
Marill...a Fairy? How does that make any sense. And was Clefairy just too obvious... and from Pokemon Smash, I wonder if Fairy is also Super Effective against Ice. If Gardevoir is now a dual type (Psychic/Fairy) then that supposed Poison weakness just got neutralize and has something to fear from it's other STAB. Yeah I really have no clue how this new type is gonna work into the gameplay.

That interacting feature is pretty cool though
Marill is apart of the fairy egg group isn't it?

Almost positive this is just to cut Dragon types OP status in half.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

confuser987

Protagonists might be Xavier. The picture is in the Pokemon-amie section. Just click left on the picture. It is nice how Pikachu's head rotates to look at you during battle.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Thank you guys. Im also happy WE FINALLY HEARD MUSIC IN GAME. and is that tune we have been hearing the whole time the wild battle theme?

Actually, I don't think so. The only theme that is most likely from the game is the Title Theme.

tamayo

KARP KARP KARP
H
Marill is apart of the fairy egg group isn't it?

Almost positive this is just to cut Dragon types OP status in half.
Not necessarily. It looks to be that most of the Fairy type don't have distinct stats, aside from maybe Gardevoir's okay Special Attack and Wigglytuff's HP pool from hell. I think we'll find that they won't scale very high in the grand scheme of power... or that GameFreak and Pokemon Company are just playing some kind of joke on us, and the new type thing is actually a hoax of their own doing for once...

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Fairy type finally confirmed, that's great, although I don't really agree with many of the Pokemon that have been retyped. Marill isn't really that fairylike, and Gardevoir could've easily just remained Psychic. Super effective against Dragon is nice, but I wonder how else it relates to other types. Remind me, which types did Smash say Fairy was weak to? That could provide more insight, as Sylveon is pure Fairy. If it's weak to Poison, that's great because Poison types need another type advantage.

Pokemon-amie looks really gimmicky, I wonder what that has to do with the new bond mechanic (this can't be it, since the bond mechanic is supposed to have something to do with battling, it likely draws on the new mechanic).

Status
Not open for further replies.