• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furret Master

Champion Seeker
Based on the Pokemon-Amie description on the website, I wonder if Friendship mechanics will be more than just powering Return and causing a couple of Pokemon to evolve. It might not, but I actually would like to see the Friendship mechanic do more than it currently does.

Elementman-Novapoke

..looks like they stole the petting idea from Kingdom hearts Dream Drop Distance..

Was gonna say the same thing, but looks like you've beaten me to it!

That being said, I thought it was a nice little feature in KHDDD

Didn't one of the rumours say something about being able to see / allocate EVs ingame? What if this is done through the bonding system and Pokémon-Amie? Gain EV points for use through petting, feeding, maximising the Bond, essentially, and then you can allocate them as you wish?

Regality

Digital King
Sylveon has a move called Moonblast, a new Fairy-type move that calls on the power of the moon to attack an opposing Pokémon. This move can be very powerful and also lowers the opposing Pokémon’s Attack stat.

..so the move depends on something..

Elementman-Novapoke

Sylveon has a move called Moonblast, a new Fairy-type move that calls on the power of the moon to attack an opposing Pokémon. This move can be very powerful and also lowers the opposing Pokémon’s Attack stat.

Stronger at night, maybe? If the day / night mechanic returns.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Almost positive this is just to cut Dragon types OP status in half.
The only Dragon that's somewhat of a problem is Scarf MoxieMance, but that's why you carry a Steel or Ice (or Pokemon that's fast or defensive with an Ice attack). Dragon isn't a broken type considering it's only super effective against itself and it's not immune nor resistant to anything (unless it's dual typed, which also ends up hurting it)

Furret Master

Champion Seeker

Wonder if it will matter on time of day, or like I have speculated and already posted about Friendship mechanics. Say, moves might be a bit more variable based on how friendly your Pokemon are to you. Not a huge boost, but perhaps a bit higher chance for secondary effects or something. Seems like a huge new mechanic for friendship and no big need for frindship outside of the small cases that are seen now seems odd to me. Just a thought.

Armando Payne

I dig the Pokemon-amie because I believe it was implemented because of the start in all the Prof Speeches they say how some people use Pokemon as pets and that's why.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Wonder if it will matter on time of day, or like I have speculated and already posted about Friendship mechanics.

Considering the move is called Moonblast, high chance that what makes it power up is the time of day, it will have higher power during the night.

That, along with the fact that it has chance to lower foe's SAtk, means it is not a Solarbeam counterpart, despite the name. Oh well.

Furret Master

Champion Seeker
Considering the move is called Moonblast, high chance that what makes it power up is the time of day, it will have higher power during the night.

That, along with the fact that it has chance to lower foe's SAtk, means it is not a Solarbeam counterpart, despite the name. Oh well.

Yeah, I can see that. Your strategies now depends on time of day...quite interesting. I still wonder what people think of the idea of expanding the friendship mechanic. It may be nothing, but I'm curious to see what people think.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?

Well if Moonblast is anything like Moonlight in terms of weather... Sunny Day/Drought just got a big boost for usage.

FireTypeLeader

On my twitter, @Liam_McG1, I tweeted serebii and sent a pic because I couldn't fit it here but I think there is a gym in the Eiffel Tower I'm not sure but it's possible!!!!!

epigmann

found this on pokemon x and y official site what do you think it means The more you play with your Pokémon, the friendlier they will become. Friendly Pokémon may perform better in battle, and maybe other good things will happen, too!. evolution ? possible

MrDuck

So maybe frustration will finally get some use now. You can obviously mistreat your pokes now. Yess, I'll be a bully to those monsters.

Kidding ofcourse. I wonder if unhappiness will lead to more now than just frustration's power.

Furret Master

Champion Seeker
found this on pokemon x and y official site what do you think it means The more you play with your Pokémon, the friendlier they will become. Friendly Pokémon may perform better in battle, and maybe other good things will happen, too!. evolution ? possible

I mentioned this earlier. I still wonder if they will expand the Friendship mechanic to do more in battle besides determining the base power of Return and Frustration. I am still curious to see what people think about that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.