• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
So maybe frustration will finally get some use now. You can obviously mistreat your pokes now. Yess, I'll be a bully to those monsters.

Kidding ofcourse. I wonder if unhappiness will lead to more now than just frustration's power.

Considering X/Y seems to have a focus on strengthening your friendship with your Pokemon, maybe this time they'll finally delete Frustration off the game and prevent any Pokemon whose only move is Frustration, from getting transferred to X/Y.

...or they'll simply remove it from the TM list and make the move incredibly hard to get on any Pokemon, apart from transferring one with that move from 5th Gen.

Frustration as a move never makes sense anyway, considering the current friendship mechanic.

Furret Master

Champion Seeker
i think it means the more time you spend with them the more powerfull they get just my opinon

I wondered that myself. Like if they maybe will have it so that you might get a slight power boost or a slightly higher chance for secondary effects or something. As for the effects of lower friendship, not sure what that would be.

Furret Master

Champion Seeker
Considering X/Y seems to have a focus on strengthening your friendship with your Pokemon, maybe this time they'll finally delete Frustration off the game and prevent any Pokemon whose only move is Frustration, from getting transferred to X/Y.

...or they'll simply remove it from the TM list and make the move incredibly hard to get on any Pokemon, apart from transferring one with that move from 5th Gen.

Frustration as a move never makes sense anyway, considering the current friendship mechanic.

I agree, Frustration has never been useful or practical, seeing how it feels easier to get friendship to go up not down. As epigmann stated, disobedience could be something. Then again, badges kind of cover that aspect already. Hm, what other apsects could friendship affect if they expand on it?

Regality

Digital King

Furret Master

Champion Seeker
I hope we get more ways to encounter pokemon, stepping on one seems interesting

Yeah, it makes you wonder if there will be even more new ways to encounter Pokemon, and what those would look like. Any ideas?

Regality

Digital King
WOAH. IDEA.

Right, you know how there is that bed in front of the house with a rhyhorn lying in it?
Well, get this... maybe you can choose one of your pokemon to sleep in that bed. Genius, I know.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
WOAH. IDEA.

Right, you know how there is that bed in front of the house with a rhyhorn lying in it?
Well, get this... maybe you can choose one of your pokemon to sleep in that bed. Genius, I know.

:( only if its too big otherwise I would let my little Froakie sleep at my feet like my cat.

*imagines a Rhyperior sleeping at my feet(my poor bed)*

Maybe the anime can be an influence for the happiness mechanic or something. Higher friendship makes your Pokemon want to fight for you, maybe Defense is boosted and so is HP? So it seems like it wants to fight for you, be better you know?

I hope we get more ways to encounter pokemon, stepping on one seems interesting

Just so long as they keep it reasonable, I mean, "The wild Snorlax you just stepped on attacked!" wouldn't make much sense.

Kall El

..Silence..
Phew! There's just too much to talk about, I think I'll organise it in separate points!

* "The Helioptile you stepped on attacked"
That is amazinggg! I wonder, if we annoy a Pokemon will we be forced to battle them & not run, like in the anime when Ash & co get attacked by a swarm of Beedrill or something they've annoyed like an Ursaring.
It may be a little addition but it's an awesome one :3

- Vivillon & Noivern are really cool!!
I think Vivillon has a really cute design, I like it :]
I do hope it has something different than Beautifly/free though...
Noivern the potential Pseudo of Kalos? It does have really unique design & amazing concept.
Not much else to say except I really hope it's ability/move pool sets it apart from Dragonite & Mence.

- 3D Models or whatever they're called, look great.
The old mons showcased like Charizard, Mence, Haxorus & even the new Kalos legendaries looked really awesome.
Especially Charizard! C'mon, as an old schooler everyone wants to see Zard in epic 3D'ness :3

- Fairy types. I've talked about this before,well, if "OMG FAIRY TYPES" counts as productive posting,
but it's neat how Pokemon like Marill have been retyped.
In before Azumarill being over powered next gen..

Also Xavier is a really cool name, I much prefer it over what we've had lately..
& the interaction with our Pokemon is a fantastic addition, helps create that special relation that's always been lacking in-game!
Hopefully there's more info to come!

In my opinion those things you feed your pokemon in pokemon-amie look similar to the poffins, so maybe they will make a return.
Also i have my own reasoning for why "the helioptle you stepped on attacked". It got me thinking, what if, every so often, you see a sleeping pokemon in the overworld. You try to walk past them but you step on them and they attack, but because they are rare, the have their hidden ability?

humilau

Mister Fisher!
I don't know whether anyone else has noticed this (probably has been discussed somewhere), but, during the part where they were showing Pokemon-Amie, when they were showing Zoroak, Snorlax and Sylveon being petted, we heard their normal cries, but near the end when it was Pikachu's turn, it was a realistic cry (think it went Pi...pi...pika pika!)

So would this voice cry only be made special for Pikachu? That would be unfair to the rest :/

Furret Master

Champion Seeker
I don't know whether anyone else has noticed this (probably has been discussed somewhere), but, during the part where they were showing Pokemon-Amie, when they were showing Zoroak, Snorlax and Sylveon being petted, we heard their normal cries, but near the end when it was Pikachu's turn, it was a realistic cry (think it went Pi...pi...pika pika!)

So would this voice cry only be made special for Pikachu? That would be unfair to the rest :/

It is, but Pikachu is Pokemon's mascot, so they will do a lot of special things for him. Yellow is kind of an example of this (although it is, of course, quite influenced by the anime, not just Pikachu).

Roy9

Sinnoh Master
Okay, fairy is SE on dragon. What do you guys fairy's weaknesses are?

Furret Master

Champion Seeker
Okay, fairy is SE on dragon. What do you guys fairy's weaknesses are?

If that one leak is correct, Poison and Steel. As I've said in another part of the forum, I feel like Fairy was made just to "balance" the game. Just my opinion, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.