• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Okay, not a fan of Shishiko, but it could grow on me. Now, Furabebe...just..what? Is the bottom flower part of its body or just for decoration? If so, it'd be the biggest prop any Pokemon has to date.

It's just for decoration I guess. It says that Furabebe finds a flower and protects it for his entire life

Regality

Digital King
Just thinking, but wouldn't transferring old pokemon from Black2/White2 kinda ruin the whole "Everyone gets it at the same time" kinda thing?
Like we are all meant to start at the same time, but people that can transfer could just bring their level 100s over and just boss everything?

Unless they leave it until you have done everything in the game :D

SilverFox

So sly
How many pokemon do you think we will be able to catch during hoard battles? I hope it's at least two.

Regality

Digital King
How many pokemon do you think we will be able to catch during hoard battles? I hope it's at least two.

Previously in double battles you had to kill one before you could catch the other.. might be like that, which would be effort as you would have to pick the other 4 off singularly.

Skiddsy

Amping It Up
Just thinking, but wouldn't transferring old pokemon from Black2/White2 kinda ruin the whole "Everyone gets it at the same time" kinda thing?
Like we are all meant to start at the same time, but people that can transfer could just bring their level 100s over and just boss everything?

Unless they leave it until you have done everything in the game :D

I thought that was part of the reason horde battles were going to be a thing. And it could be like BW/BW2 where you were unable to transfer until post game. That's the best solution.

comic321

Battle Stratigest
Sky battles look awesome. I WANNA BE A SKY TRAINER TOO!

Pokemark17

Presonally I'm looking for more steel types cause there my favorite type and there arnt a lot of them. I want miX types as well fire/electic ghost/steel eleCtric/ice grass/dragon those sorT of things

sev3ns0uls

i need to rant about this..after i saw the sky battle that it is only for flying pkm and pkm with levitate ability.
Okay...Sky battle......ummm WHAT THE FUDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRAMEFREAK, WE DONT NEED SKY BATTLE...we need POOL BATTLE....FOR WATER POKEMON, especially those without limbs... Why sky battle?????? why??? most flying pokemons are already in the air once released from the pokeball and as well as those pkm with levitate ability....what the fudge....I been hoping for pool battle ever since gold and sliver and after 10+ years, we got sky battle...... >.<

Okay..This really pisses me off since in the interview, they said that they want to make the game as close to realistic but they totally failed. Why does my 500+ lbs Wailord floating in mid air??? Should it be flopping on the ground like magikarp?? Well magikarp in pokemon stadium seem much more realistic then most other water pkms...

Anyway, You know what gamefreak, pool battle is what we need..remeber that episode from the Orange Island League where Ash use Lapras battling a Drake's Gengar in a water and land field. We need something like THAT!!! so that my 500+ lbs Wailord can actually move realistically and have water to moist its skin.

I hope that Gramefreak is hiding the pool battle from us and will reveal it during launch.

Sorry to rant on here but just need to get this off my chest.

Last edited:

msiew10

Since we have magical fairy type now, I think we can have a new move called "Polymorph". This can turn a insanely powerful pokemon such as a salamence or a dragonite into a weak magikarp or ratatata (depending on the egg group of the pokemon) for three to two turn. This move have no effect on weak pokemon that have a stat base of less than 500. So weak pokemon with low stat base do have some advantage over strong pokemon.

gpt11

Since we have magical fairy type now, I think we can have a new move called "Polymorph". This can turn a insanely powerful pokemon such as a salamence or a dragonite into a weak magikarp or ratatata (depending on the egg group of the pokemon) for three to two turn. This move have no effect on weak pokemon that have a stat base of less than 500. So weak pokemon with low stat base do have some advantage over strong pokemon.

you a Mage on World of Warcraft by any chance? lol

sev3ns0uls

Water battles would be pretty cool we could only use water and maybe Ice types and it would happen if we could still dive. I am also excited to see how they do Eelektross and Dodrio flying.

its not obvious because since they are flying type, they can actually FLY...heeh remember Cythia's Grachomp can fly...it has no wings and its not even a flying type too.

ShadowMarauder

Dark Pokémon Master
Sky Battles have just the same right to be implemented as ''pool battles'', since sky battles and sky contests have been a prominent part in the anime too
We don't even know what kind of new mechanics they have introduced to make sky battles different from land battles to rant AND Masuda said during the presentation that there are other kind of battles waiting for us, so you might get pools battles in the end n.n (I think they would be a nice addition too).

msiew10

no, I do not play WOW lol, never did. I was kinda bored of the game now lol.
Anyway, I can also foresee dual type move... For example:

Boomerang: Ground/Rock type

Icy Wind: Ice/Flying

Scald: Water/Fire

Thunderpunch: Electric/Fighting

Silver Wind: Bug/Fairy

Shadow Claw: Dark/Ghost

Dragon Rage: Fire/Dragon

Twister: Dragon/Flying

Ominous Wind: Ghost/Fairy or Ghost/Flying

Lava Plum: Ground/Fire

Drill Run: Ground/Steel

Magnitude: Rock/Ground

Seed Flare or Solarbeam: Grass/Fire

Magical Leaf: Grass/Fairy

Waterfall: Water/Rock

Psycho cut: Psychic/Fighting

Suckerpunch: Fighting/Dark
__________________________________________________ _____

Or new move such as

Icy Water: Ice/Water

Flaming Rock: Fire/Rock

Lightning strike: Electric/Fire

So for example, this is how it work

Thunderpunch against Ground type -

0x against ground but fighting type move deal 1x against it.

0 + 1 = 1 time damage against ground type

Firepunch against steel

both fire and steel type are strong against steel

2 + 2 equal 4x against steel

Scald against Ice

Water does neutral damage and Fire does two times against it

1 + 2 = 3 times against ice

Silverwind vs Hydreigon

Bug is effective against Dark and Fairy is effective against both bug and dragon

2 + 4 = 6 times !!!!

Boomerang vs Flying type

Ground does zero damage vs flying but Rock does 2x against them

0+2 equal to 2 times damage against most flying type.

__________________________________________________ __

I am not expecting everyone to agree with what I am proposing but I believe many will agree with me on this, so that the pokemon world is more logical than ever....

O ya, one more:

If a pokemon happen to be half resistence or half weak against a certain move....

Ice punch vs Dragonite:

Ice does 4 times against Dragon but fighting does only 0.5 against dragonite

So this means 4-0.5 is equal to 3.5 damage vs dragonite.

or

Suckerpunch vs Bisharp:

Dark does only 0.25 against Bisharp while fighting type move does 4 times against it

So instead of 4-0.25.... 0.5 times 2 instead.

So we get 4 - 1 = 3

Who is with me on this ?

O ya, one more , if we are going to have ice/rock dual type

Bullet punch vs Ice/Rock

both steel and fighting type does 4 x against ice and rock

so 4 plus 4 is equal to 8 times

Ice and Rock type take 8 times against bullet punch.

This is either going to be the best idea or one that can twist the game out of proportion....

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

i need to rant about this..after i saw the sky battle that it is only for flying pkm and pkm with levitate ability.
Okay...Sky battle......ummm WHAT THE FUDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRAMEFREAK, WE DONT NEED SKY BATTLE...we need POOL BATTLE....FOR WATER POKEMON, especially those without limbs... Why sky battle?????? why??? most flying pokemons are already in the air once released from the pokeball and as well as those pkm with levitate ability....what the fudge....I been hoping for pool battle ever since gold and sliver and after 10+ years, we got sky battle...... >.<

Okay..This really pisses me off since in the interview, they said that they want to make the game as close to realistic but they totally failed. Why does my 500+ lbs Wailord floating in mid air??? Should it be flopping on the ground like magikarp?? Well magikarp in pokemon stadium seem much more realistic then most other water pkms...

Anyway, You know what gamefreak, pool battle is what we need..remeber that episode from the Orange Island League where Ash use Lapras battling a Drake's Gengar in a water and land field. We need something like THAT!!! so that my 500+ lbs Wailord can actually move realistically and have water to moist its skin.

I hope that Gramefreak is hiding the pool battle from us and will reveal it during launch.

Sorry to rant on here but just need to get this off my chest.

What do you mean exactly? If by pool battle you mean battling in water, you can already do that. We've been able to do that since R/B/G/Y. Sky Battles are simply battles with different backdrops, instead of being on land, you're in the air. When you battle in the water, your Pokemon will be fighting in water.

What you should be ranting about is how Eelektross and Doduo can be in Sky Battles while Scyther can't.

Crimson_Blazer

What do you mean exactly? If by pool battle you mean battling in water, you can already do that. We've been able to do that since R/B/G/Y. Sky Battles are simply battles with different backdrops, instead of being on land, you're in the air. When you battle in the water, your Pokemon will be fighting in water.

What you should be ranting about is how Eelektross and Doduo can be in Sky Battles while Scyther can't.
Who said scyther can't be in sky battles?

ShadowMarauder

Dark Pokémon Master

What I think he means is a proper equivalent of land and sky battles to water, where only water suited Pokemon can battle, and they ACTUALLY SWIM instead of floating and hovering over the water as I am pretty sure they will in a normal water route match

SoulsOfSilver

What I think he means is a proper equivalent of land and sky battles to water, where only water suited Pokemon can battle, and they ACTUALLY SWIM instead of floating and hovering over the water as I am pretty sure they will in a normal water route match

So maybe they will have UNDERSEA battles? I wouldn't mind that.

Mystic Flygon

it has wings... its part flying of course it can be in sky battle... im assuming

I'd hope so but so does scizor and he lacks levitate and a flying type. We'll have to see. I imagine pokemon like Dodrio, Mantine, Gyarados won't be able to participate but they might make exceptions for Venomoth, Scizor, and maybe even heracross.

Status
Not open for further replies.