1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Team Volt Grunt

Team Volt Grunt Pokémon Collector

So far we've been told that it is for Flying and Levitate pokemon. Based on that, Dodrio, Mantine and Gyarados should to be able to participate and Venomoth, Scizor and Heracross can't.

2. Nockturne

Nockturne Well-Known Member

Dodrio can use the move fly, Scyther can't.

With Pokémon logic nothing can be assumed

3. bushie

bushie Well-Known Member

i'm pretty excited for the sky battle and the possibilities can you imagine. braviary(personal favorite) and other bird pokes like shiny ones battling and hopefully sparkling in the air. can't wait!!

4. Mystic Flygon

Mystic Flygon Well-Known Member

I said exceptions, but maybe the pokes I listed above will get redesigns, dodrio and doduo might be kind of like scizor and have retractable wings.

5. Crimson_Blazer

Crimson_Blazer Well-Known Member

Horde encounters might be the new encounter phenomenon in league with shaking grass, water ripples and dustclouds. I just hope they don't remove those from the game as i think those and hidden grottoes are my favorite additions to pokemon

6. wildheart90

wildheart90 Awesome

You can add Beedrill to that list

7. BBtheASH

BBtheASH A Fairy Specialized Trainer

Maybe theyll alow pokemon to participate in sky battles if maybe Air Balloon enables pokemon to participate in sky battles.

8. EonDragonFTW

EonDragonFTW Well-Known Member

Fairy type... didn't see that coming, gf
    well, we know it's super-effective against Dragon, but what else could it be? Maybe effective against Psychic or Fighting but weak to Ghost and Dark? And let's make Fairy resistant (or even immune) to Dragon, with Ice also resisting Dragon. It's nice to see how GF has tried to not make Dragons so OP

9. Crimson_Blazer

Crimson_Blazer Well-Known Member

Only problem with that is that it can pop

10. IrieFuse

IrieFuse Unify To Thrive

lmao, "the air balloon was popped, your pokemon died"

11. Emily101

Emily101 Froakie Trainer

I just watched a video on youtube by 'shofu' who was at the Q and A/presentation. He mentioned seeing a sky battle and when Talonflame used Brave Bird it dived down and flew like an inch off the ground like a fighter jet and then went under it's opponent and quickly flew up underneath and crashed into it. It looked awesome apparently. He also said that the intro to the game is insanely good and that we can also grind on rails (possibly with the rollerblades, I'm unsure exactly) Gogoat can leap over fences and run really fast when riding it. Sorry if all this info has been mentioned but just thought I'd share in case any of this is new and here is the link to his video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aIVvYcoUlI

12. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

Regarding Sky Battle, I believe "Flying-Type and Levitate" was used as some sort of generalization, because most of the Pokemon eligible for the battle are Flying-Type and Levitate Pokemon. Most, not all.

I'm thinking maybe there will be a list of Pokemon who can join the battle, which will involve things like Heracross and Volcarona, which obviously can fly despite lacking Levitate or Flying type.

13. FierceDeity1

FierceDeity1 Savior of Termina

I just want to know how they will differentiate sky battles from normal battles. I hope it will be something cool, like maybe add in new affects to some moves (gravity, tailwind, roost) to create a nice advantage other than stat gains.

14. sev3ns0uls

sev3ns0uls Well-Known Member

Pool battle is NOT double or triple battle. If you read my little example about Ash vs Drake in a water and land battling field then you would know what i meant.

Since the battle system is totally different from the older generation and more are like pokemon stadium and colossus,
    dont you think its a little silly that a Wailord is floating in air or levitating during battle if the game was to implement more realistic to it.

15. IrieFuse

IrieFuse Unify To Thrive

I think gamefreak is better than to incorporate a battle type in-game that is essentially the same as the regular, except only allowing a certain type or ability on a Pokemon to battle. If sky battles are just that though, regular battles that only flying and levitating pokemon can participate in, then I hope something else that works similarly is introduced in these games such as pokeringer competitions.

16. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

So what happens in a sky battle if one of the battlers use gravity? Does it change to a ground battle until the effects wear off?

17. absolfusion

absolfusion Soon.......

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  18. ryanthehuman

ryanthehuman Well-Known Member

Has it been explicitly stated that only Flying and Levitating Pokemon can enter sky battles? I think it would be cool if there were some other criteria, like if a Pokemon had Fly or Magnet Rise in one of their moveslots, or was holding the Air Balloon (or a similar item that wouldn't pop?)

All of the Pokemon crash to the ground and the battle ends?

I wonder how Doduo and Dodrio will look

19. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

It's only certain Flying-types and Pokemon with Levitate. Just because another Pokemon has Fly or Magnet Rise doesn't necessarily mean it will use those moves.

They're probably not allowed to participate.

20. ryanthehuman

ryanthehuman Well-Known Member

I know, I just meant that it would be neat if there were other ways to gain access. That was an example I gave and those Pokemon would have a disadvantage since (I'm assuming) they'd only really have three attacks to use, since Magnet Rise would be pretty useless in the battle itself, but nessesary to give access to certain Pokemon. So they wouldn't need to use the move in the battle, they'd need it in their move slots as a means to gain access.

So if the game is nitpicking between Flying types do you think they'll let non-Flyers/Levitaters like Volcarona, Venomoth, Beedrill, etc get access too?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.