• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
Oh yeah, I'm going to be the person who scares everyone away from this thread and bring in some programming speculation, but...

I wonder if they're able to do all this 3D stuff solely because of the 3DS and enhanced space capabilities or because they finally went "well screw this, let's write this in a more efficient programming language"?
It's most likely a combination of both. In BW I noticed that they were heading towards the 3D direction.

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
I don't think gamefreak would change the formula like that. I mean, badges have always been on the games, and removing it would make fans a little confused. But, since black/white started implementing the gyms and the E4 into the story, I think that it isn't too crazy to think that they could take a more important role in the story. But replacing the gym badges entirely? I don't think that's gonna happen.
And, on a sidenote, it was just about time to have a 3D characters in Pokémon, They already had a bunch of 3D models in B/W after all. But I miss walking with pokémon...
Coughcough XD/Colloseum/PBR cough

i wonder what the gyms will be like though....maybe more complex puzzles?

on the competitive side of the gameplay, "aka" VGC, i wonder, with it being on the 3ds, will less people do VGC and competitive battling?

The moves seen on the trailer looked AWESOME, and i wonder if depending on what Pokemon uses it, do their positions and movemet vary? Like Zapdos using heatwave, i'd like to see how that works.

i hope they also bring back tutors, so i dont have to do everything in bw2, then transfer over.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I'd like to see how they pull of the 3D. So far, it looks like it's going very well. I like all the nature, it makes me happy to have less... other stuff.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Oh yeah, I'm going to be the person who scares everyone away from this thread and bring in some programming speculation, but...

I wonder if they're able to do all this 3D stuff solely because of the 3DS and enhanced space capabilities or because they finally went "well screw this, let's write this in a more efficient programming language"?

They got the dev kit before bw and i bet they have been fiddling with it ever since all for gen 6.
I think they use assembly or c++ for the 3ds, not sure. Do they have their own language for 3ds ?

Mokepon22

I wonder whether flying type Pokemon will just hover or flutter in place in the 3D battle scenes? Well I trust Gamefreak with whatever they chose!

I'm thinkin some will just flutter like the animated sprites of BW/B2W2 and then there will be the ones that will just stand there and raise their wings or some other bird like movement occasionally

Kieran-kun

ポケモンマスター
I'm thinkin some will just flutter like the animated sprites of BW/B2W2 and then there will be the ones that will just stand there and raise their wings or some other bird like movement occasionally

Yeah that wouldn't be too bad as long as they don't look too stiff but more natural; I'm also curious about what "Surf battles" are gonna be like, unless they just cut them out completely (which I doubt). Also I'm hoping the Pokemon will be somewhat proportional during battles, like for example if Froakie attacked Arceus with whatever physical move it did, then it'd love tiny instead of the same size.

Not that I mind too much, it'd just be cool to see them make that much of an effort.

Axel.

Yeah that wouldn't be too bad as long as they don't look too stiff but more natural; I'm also curious about what "Surf battles" are gonna be like, unless they just cut them out completely (which I doubt). Also I'm hoping the Pokemon will be somewhat proportional during battles, like for example if Froakie attacked Arceus with whatever physical move it did, then it'd love tiny instead of the same size.

Not that I mind too much, it'd just be cool to see them make that much of an effort.

Haha didn't even think of that, I really want to see what solution they come up with. Maybe they'll pull a jesus and just stand on water or on small surfaces like when Ash fought Misty.

Kieran-kun

ポケモンマスター
Haha didn't even think of that, I really want to see what solution they come up with. Maybe they'll pull a jesus and just stand in water or on small surfaces like when Ash fought Misty.

A Jesus? Haha, I'm thinking atm it will probably stay the same as it always has been with Pokemon using their chakra to stand and battle on the water. I guess it's not that big of an issue, but your small surface idea isn't have bad!

Now I think about it, the way Magikarp was jumping about I wonder if in Surf battles it makes the actual water splash, that'd be cool.

Mokepon22

The surf battles will probably be the same as Gen V, with the water tiles and you have the water moving around...if you look back at the trailer you see the battle on grass uses the same grassy area like the one from B2W2

I was thinking the samething about the sizes but when you think about it I doubt it would work...imagine Froakie vs Groudon o_O

Manene!

Haha didn't even think of that, I really want to see what solution they come up with. Maybe they'll pull a jesus and just stand on water or on small surfaces like when Ash fought Misty.
They'll probably just be like they are now. There will be an ocean background. A dark spot where the Pokemon stands. Maybe even a rock or small island will appear?

EonDragonFTW

They probably wont make it completely relative to size (Imagine how much space a Wailord vs. Groudon battle would take), as the 3ds probably wont be able to handle it. They could, however, do it the same way they have done since previous Gens, where you can tell that it's big/small based on how it appears.

This probably doesnt make any sense

Kieran-kun

ポケモンマスター
The surf battles will probably be the same as Gen V, with the water tiles and you have the water moving around...if you look back at the trailer you see the battle on grass uses the same grassy area like the one from B2W2

I was thinking the samething about the sizes but when you think about it I doubt it would work...imagine Froakie vs Groudon o_O

Probably, if the usual grass battles are similar to Gen V then the Surf battles are probably the same.

Hahaha, okay that would be pretty ridiculous... Well I guess only time will tell. I wonder if we will be getting any treats from Corocoro? I have a feeling Pokesmash will just be a recap of this more or less.

They probably wont make it completely relative to size (Imagine how much space a Wailord vs. Groudon battle would take), as the 3ds probably wont be able to handle it. They could, however, do it the same way they have done since previous Gens, where you can tell that it's big/small based on how it appears.

This probably doesnt make any sense

It made sense to me I think... You mean like the sound it makes and that stuff comes out the ground?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

One of my concerns as well.. I don't want Froakie to be able to do that against a Wailord for example.. Or even worse, how do they show something 'miss' Wailord? Or on the flipside, how will they show stuff hitting Joltik?

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
Let's hope we won't have any stupid stuff like Pokewood>.>

Hey, Pokewood was awesome! xD Better than Pokemon musicals and contests and stuff, IMO.

I really, really, REALLY want a secret base this time. Pretty much THE biggest feature from Gen III that I missed the most. It would be even better if you could do something meaningful there, like heal your Pokemon or if they went the extra mile and brought back being able to battle other people in their bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.