• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
So if the game is nitpicking between Flying types do you think they'll let non-Flyers/Levitaters like Volcarona, Venomoth, Beedrill, etc get access too?

"Only some Flying-type Pokémon (and a few others) can enter a Sky Battle."

I'd imagine those fall under the "few others" category.

Regality

Digital King
I would rather they allowed all flying and all levitating pokemon (pokemon that levitate above the ground, not just those with the ability) to participate.
It kinda seems like laziness on their part..

sunny phoenix

One thing i really want to see this gen is options!!

1) No means NO!! I mean wtf is this when an NPC ask u something and gives u an option of yes or no... whatever u answer it doesnt really matter and it doesnt have any effect... this becomes more annoying when people give u something... they ask u if u want them to explain it to u and whether u reply yes or no they still do -___- Wtf why give an option in the first place!! (i highly doupt they will change that thouh) they only option it seems that u have in this games is the fossil u take...

2) More freedom in the route path. Meaning giving your more options on where u wanna go, for example some cities and gym are available to u but u decide the order in which u wanna challenge them, that would add more interesting playing and strategy say for example there is a steel gym and dark one and i chose to challenge the dark cause my team isnt still ready for steel or i decide to challenge the steel first cause if i do the dark first the level of the steel pkmn gym will rise ....

When i saw that kalos was divided in 3 areas i was hoping they would let u chose where u wanna start from (3 small towns in each area) that would be awesome... too bad it isnt true :(

Last edited:

ryanthehuman

One thing i really want to see thsi gen is options!!

1) No means NO!! I mean wtf is this when an NPC ask u something and gives u an option of yes or no... whatever u answer it doesnt really matter and it doesnt have any effect... this becomes more annoying when people give u something... theya sk u if u want them to explain it and whether u reply yes or no they still do -___- Wtf why give an option in the first place!! (i highly doupt they will change that thouh)

2) More freedom in the route path. Meaning giving your more options on where u gonna go, for example some cities and gym are available to u but u decide the order in which u wanna challenge them, that would add more interesting playing and strategy say for example there is a stell gym and drak one and i chose to challenge the dark cause my etam isnt still ready for steel or id ecide to challenge the steel first cause if i do the dark teh level of the steel pkmn will rise....

When i saw that kalos was divided in 3 areas i was hoping they would let u chose where u wanna start from that would be awesome... too abd it isnt true :(

I agree with the first part. It annoys me so much when your mum asks if you want her to explain the running shoes to you, you say no and then she explains them anyway.

We already have had the second one to an extent. In gen I, II and IV (although it was only gyms 3 and 4 that were interchangeable and only in DP) we've had some leniancy in the gym order. It would be cool if we could challenge them in different orders though, maybe with the gym leaders rosters changing depending on how many badges you have. So if you challenged a gym when you only have 3 badges they'd have about 3 Pokemon, but if you challenged it when you had 6 badges they would have 4 Pokemon, and evolved forms of the ones they would have battled you with if you challenged them with only 3 badges. Does that make sense? I don't think it's likely though, since the gym leaders will most likely be cooperated into the story and messing with the order of them would mean big differences to the narrative. Different gym orders between versions would be cool though.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I would rather they allowed all flying and all levitating pokemon (pokemon that levitate above the ground, not just those with the ability) to participate.
It kinda seems like laziness on their part..

Damn you love to complain, they give us more and more but you complain anyway...

Most pokemon that float have levitate and others if they float due to magnetism or psichich abilities don't make much sense because thye wouldn't have natural ability to just FLY instead of floating aka it would be harder for them "logic wise" to battle flying.

humilau

Mister Fisher!
Damn you love to complain, they give us more and more but you complain anyway...

Most pokemon that float have levitate and others if they float due to magnetism or psichich abilities don't make much sense because thye wouldn't have natural ability to just FLY instead of floating aka it would be harder for them "logic wise" to battle flying.

Yeah you've got a point; just because it can fly or float doesn't mean it can sustain itself high enough to participate in an air battle. Take Doduo/Dodrio for example.

sunny phoenix

I think people forgot about underwater battle where every pkmn was able to fight XD even fire!! Cant u just enjoy the new gameplay if u think a pkmn is silly in sky battle dont use it as simple as that and i am sorry someone sent lazy?? really??This generation is completly the opposite of laziness!! If u want lazy go play Black and White

Ditto24

They may only use pokemon that can fly/levitate at really high altitudes. Like I can imagine Pidgeot/Fearow/Dragonite etc to be able to fly at very very high altitudes. But I could never imagine pokemon like Butterfree/Beedrill/Venomoth ever flying that high.

I know it doesn't make much sense but its just the way I see things and it works for me :)

Hasty

Moonside
I'm really excited about how will it look like when you pet or feed your Magneton, Kakuna, Starmie, Forretress, etc. in Pokemon-amie

Ditto24

Surely 'War Cry' that Shishiko learns has to have some other ability than just lowering Atk coz thats the same as growl. Does it do damage as well.

JW1004

I'm really excited about how will it look like when you pet or feed your Magneton, Kakuna, Starmie, Forretress, etc. in Pokemon-amie

Yeah it will be interesting what they will come up with. Maybe Starmie will be like the anime with it's stomach thing glowing!

gpt11

Surely 'War Cry' that Shishiko learns has to have some other ability than just lowering Atk coz thats the same as growl. Does it do damage as well.

it may lower your opponents attack 2 - 3 stages rather than just 1 since we already have growl

one thing id be interested to know with horde battles is there going to be more area of effect attacks like rock slide, surf , earthquake, discharge etc created and will more Pokemon get access to them now?

nice to learn Gogoat gets rock slide early on don't want any trouble from those Houndour!

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
one thing id be interested to know with horde battles is there going to be more area of effect attacks like rock slide, surf , earthquake, discharge etc created and will more Pokemon get access to them now?

Apparently since Rock Slide hits multiple targets, moves with the same effect are going to deal damage to all the pokemon in that horde.

What I am mostly concerned about are Sky Battles. I'm beginning to think it's going to be a necessity to use certain
Flying and Levitating pokemon in order to proceed after a Sky Battle.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Apparently since Rock Slide hits multiple targets, moves with the same effect are going to deal damage to all the pokemon in that horde.

What I am mostly concerned about are Sky Battles. I'm beginning to think it's going to be a necessity to use certain
Flying and Levitating pokemon in order to proceed after a Sky Battle.

It's optional. If you don't got a proper Pokemon able to fly or levitate the trainers simply ignore you.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
It's optional. If you don't got a proper Pokemon able to fly or levitate the trainers simply ignore you.

Ah, like in a situation where you normally encounter a double battle, then you'd be ignored if you only had one pokemon in your party. Makes sense then. However, the idea of using Gravity or any other Levitating/Flying negating move or item during a Sky Battle interests me.

Nockturne

It might be like when you get a gift Pokémon but you have a full party.
Like they challenge you and if you accept with no eligible Pokémon then they just say "Oh too bad, jog on mate"

gpt11

anybody else looking forward to some cut scenes in the game

id like some when you encounter legendary pokemon and when you encounter the evil team

Status
Not open for further replies.