• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto24

I wonder if they will add new hms like maybe lava surf or something like that

Someone likes playing hacks. It depends though, lately it seems like they're cutting down on HMs so we'll see.

storm12

Weather Bearer
Someone likes playing hacks. It depends though, lately it seems like they're cutting down on HMs so we'll see.

Being able to actually ride lava could be an interesting idea- though I currently struggle to think of pokemon with such an ability..... Magmortar? Magcargo? Hmmmm, there doesn't seem to be many Fire pokemon that could facilitate it- otherwise it would be Rock pokemon like say Onix- that could be pretty cool actually :D

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Being able to actually ride lava could be an interesting idea- though I currently struggle to think of pokemon with such an ability..... Magmortar? Magcargo? Hmmmm, there doesn't seem to be many Fire pokemon that could facilitate it- otherwise it would be Rock pokemon like say Onix- that could be pretty cool actually :D

I would imagine that it would be extremely hot near the lava that the player intends to ride across. They probably wouldn't even be able to survive from the heat, as the lava is literally just three feet or so under the player's feet when Lavariding.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

It kinda exists as Torkoal had that ability in the second Ranger Game but eh.

Really, when was it ever used outside of decoration?

Besides, it's really scarce in games and to be used sensibly.

In Kanto/Johto it's in Clair's Gym and Bruno's Room. In Platinum there's a small pool of it outside Stark Mountain, and White 2 only had it in Reversal M<ountain.

And for usage? Unless Kalos as a multitude of Volcanoes or has tunnels going to pretty much the middle of the Earth/Pokéworld/thing/Cube it probably won't appear.

And if it does, it's usage would probably be like how you had to use Cut ONCE in BW to get through the Dreamyard, and then never use HMs again to advance.

Henraye

Toon Leader

Since when does a pokemon have to learn an HM that has to make sense to them? Sentret can learn surf. Golurk can learn fly, Drudiggion can't.

Ditto24

I would imagine that it would be extremely hot near the lava that the player intends to ride across. They probably wouldn't even be able to survive from the heat, as the lava is literally just three feet or so under the player's feet when Lavariding.

We've always been near lava since Gen 2 and remember we have pokemon that launch Fire blast while we stand right behind them. Yeah we well be hot, but we wont melt. :)

Henraye

Toon Leader

It's a video game. Since when does things have to make sense? One thing that doesn't make since is capturing huge monsters and capturing them into a ball the size of a orange. Another is a fish evolving into a sea serpent. Or a gnat into a moth. Or a fish into an octopus.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Since when does a pokemon have to learn an HM that has to make sense to them? Sentret can learn surf. Golurk can learn fly, Drudiggion can't.

Since when can't Ferrets swim in real life?

Golurk's "Fly" has it propel itself through the air with the launchers (or whatever) in it's feet.

Druddigon's "wings" are rock hard and are only used to gather Solar Energy.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
It's a video game. Since when does things have to make sense? One thing that doesn't make since is capturing huge monsters and capturing them into a ball the size of a orange. Another is a fish evolving into a sea serpent. Or a gnat into a moth. Or a fish into an octopus.

Or villainous teams letting a kid go after he beats them in a battle when they can take him out with their arms. Adults are stronger you know. ;)
Which makes me think why they don't have guns....

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
Golurk's "Fly" has it propel itself through the air with the launchers (or whatever) in it's feet.

The bottom halves of its arms make room for these jets that launch it.

storm12

Weather Bearer

Since magma and/or lava is incredibly hot- so I could only imagine certain Fire or Rock type pokemon being able to do it. A mantine, Dewgong or Wailord on Lava would just be so odd =S

Wishing Star, I get that the hot lava would be highly dangerous, but if Mario can do it on the Wii with the skeleton thingy then an Onix could keep you safe enough :)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Or villainous teams letting a kid go after he beats them in a battle when they can take him out with their arms. Adults are stronger you know. ;)
Which makes me think why they don't have guns....

Because then the police might actually do something other than saying they're thirsty all day, because there'd be an actual threat instead of one an 11 year old could handle.

storm12

Weather Bearer
Because then the police might actually do something other than saying they're thirsty all day, because there'd be an actual threat instead of one an 11 year old could handle.

LOL, popo don't get payed enough for that sh!t! Let the random little kid do it!

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
LOL, popo don't get payed enough for that sh!t! Let the random little kid do it!

But the person who stopped them petty much gets millions through battle with an Amulet Coin...

I don't see why foiling evil plots isn't something people do for a living.

grenwood

so when is the massuda message coming?

Karlos Region

Kiss me Stunfisk!
I'm hoping that when you use HM surf, it will actually show the pokemon surfing instead of the normal dolphin-whale thing
Well... I can see surf like part of riding mechanics.. Maybe they wont be any HM, think about it.. Rhyhorn uses Rock Climb and Rock Smash. Gogoat uses Jump, and maybe something else, so... maybe there will be a renting pokemon, like Lapras, that you can use to surf, climb waterfalls or any other acuatic activity. Looking at Kalos map, there arent many surf looking water fields, just some water veins and that route to that island... maybe surfing isnt that important or necessary this time, so a renting Lapras every -to get something- area, fits just fine.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Well... I can see surf like part of riding mechanics.. Maybe they wont be any HM, think about it.. Rhyhorn uses Rock Climb and Rock Smash. Gogoat uses Jump, and maybe something else, so... maybe there will be a renting pokemon, like Lapras, that you can use to surf, climb waterfalls or any other acuatic activity. Looking at Kalos map, there arent many surf looking water fields, just some water veins and that route to that island... maybe surfing isnt that important or necessary this time, so a renting Lapras every -to get something- area, fits just fine.

Hum, maybe.

It would be a little odd though.

Maybe... Maybe you could have Dojos where your Pokémon learn the ability to do the Hm Moves without using up a moveslot for a price? (shame though, Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall, Fly, Dive, and Rock Climb I liked. And Defog was funnish)

Karlos Region

Kiss me Stunfisk!
I'm hoping that when you use HM surf, it will actually show the pokemon surfing instead of the normal dolphin-whale thing

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Lava Surf is something I've wanted to see in the main games since they introduced it in Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia.

Status
Not open for further replies.