• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Lava Surf is something I've wanted to see in the main games since they introduced it in Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia.

It would probably be strictly for traversal purposes, rather than for exploration purposes. You can explore a water route and see trainers and dive and such, but you can't really do that with lava. All you'd be able to really do with it is go from one edge of a lava pool to another.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
It would probably be strictly for traversal purposes, rather than for exploration purposes. You can explore a water route and see trainers and dive and such, but you can't really do that with lava. All you'd be able to really do with it is go from one edge of a lava pool to another.

Who knows? There might be tiny islands on the lava that trainers/ items are on.

Ditto24

I wonder if x and y will allow you to play on the evil side instead of on the good. That'll be cool to experience.

Hmm...No. We can save the bad guys and make them realise they're wrong or whatever. But we won't go around stealing pokemon off 5 year olds xD

Ditto24

Fainting animation is basically a flail and then they shrink. Atleast in Horde battles anyway. :)

R_N

Fainting animation is basically a flail and then they shrink. Atleast in Horde battles anyway. :)

It's a lot smoother than it sounds, too
Looks pretty nice. Hopefully serebii or whoever gets a nice video of it (& the sky battle vid)

Ditto24

It's a lot smoother than it sounds, too
Looks pretty nice. Hopefully serebii or whoever gets a nice video of it (& the sky battle vid)

Yeah, I didnt give that any justice in that last comment, it was good guys, very smooth. Those Zubats also flap like manic xD Swellow looks really nice and if Ledian can be in Sky Battles im guessing alot more of the small bugs will. I was worried stuff like Butterfree etc might be excluded.

rayquaza100100

Well... I can see surf like part of riding mechanics.. Maybe they wont be any HM, think about it.. Rhyhorn uses Rock Climb and Rock Smash. Gogoat uses Jump, and maybe something else, so... maybe there will be a renting pokemon, like Lapras, that you can use to surf, climb waterfalls or any other acuatic activity. Looking at Kalos map, there arent many surf looking water fields, just some water veins and that route to that island... maybe surfing isnt that important or necessary this time, so a renting Lapras every -to get something- area, fits just fine.

I actually do not like the idea of Surf, Dive, or Waterfall being taken out of gameplay. Those three moves are somewhat strong all things considered. Perhaps as TMs rather than HMs?

just thought about elektross in sky battles..... but i wonder if sky battles are more prominent in one area/region while hoards are prominent in another.

Skiddsy

Amping It Up
I actually do not like the idea of Surf, Dive, or Waterfall being taken out of gameplay. Those three moves are somewhat strong all things considered. Perhaps as TMs rather than HMs?

I'm SURE they'll exist even if they're not HMs. Flash still exists as a TM, after all. (Though in a way, it still functions as an HM, in that it's used in dark caves still. Mostly they just took away the need to go to a move deleter to get rid of it).

Rakurai

They really ought to just let you use a HM/TM in the field as long as a Pokemon who can learn the move is on your team, rather then having to actually know it.

Rikku Takanashi

Adventuring Vulpix
I just caught the details of this weeks Pokemon Smash it's nice to know they mean pokemon that can fly not just flying types and im sure that applies to some pokemon that can levitate but don't have the ability

Im thinking they might exclude some flying type pokemon and levitating pokemon like Doduo (unless it is like a reindeer) and Bronzong

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
They really ought to just let you use a HM/TM in the field as long as a Pokemon who can learn the move is on your team, rather then having to actually know it.

Of course, you would also have to have the TM/HM in your possession too, but I would actually really like this idea. I have absolutely no problem with this idea at all.

R_N

just thought about elektross in sky battles..... but i wonder if sky battles are more prominent in one area/region while hoards are prominent in another.

Hoards are random wild battles that seem to be able to crop up anywhere, Sky Battles are specific trainers

While there's probably an area with more Sky Battlers, I doubt it will be a one for one thing

Rikku Takanashi

Adventuring Vulpix
Ah ignore my previous post I forgot Ledian is a Bug/Flying Type bleh

I think the best thing to do for the HM's if they are changed is to make it so you don't need to go to the move tutor BUT make it so that you couldn't get rid of the move if it's in use like with surf or strength

Either that or simply raise the strength on some of the weaker HM's like Cut and maybe give it a effect like a chance to cause the opponent to flinch or something

But im honestly fine with HM's it is a bit annoying having a weaker HM move like cut take up a spot you could be using for another better move but eh

storm12

Weather Bearer
Ah ignore my previous post I forgot Ledian is a Bug/Flying Type bleh

I think the best thing to do for the HM's if they are changed is to make it so you don't need to go to the move tutor BUT make it so that you couldn't get rid of the move if it's in use like with surf or strength

Either that or simply raise the strength on some of the weaker HM's like Cut and maybe give it a effect like a chance to cause the opponent to flinch or something

But im honestly fine with HM's it is a bit annoying having a weaker HM move like cut take up a spot you could be using for another better move but eh

Yah, that is the annoying thing about HMs =S having my pokemon have to hold onto Cut until I get to a move deleter is kind of bleh.

Status
Not open for further replies.