• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henraye

Toon Leader
Anybody else excited about the new character customization? I think they let you but clothes in-game now so instead of catch'em all it's buy'em all

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Anybody else excited about the new character customization? I think they let you but clothes in-game now so instead of catch'em all it's buy'em all

I'd love it if we had to buy clothes for our player characters. I like customization in games, and that's probably what I'd do.

Also, secret bases. :p

Rakurai

Is it even confirmed that you can change your trainer's appearance?

I don't recall that being that case.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner

Yeah, it's been confirmed via trailer that you can change the player character's skin and hair color, and I believe other things too based on what was on things like Pokémon Smash and stuff.

Skiddsy

Amping It Up

Did you not see the PSS picture?

june_new_p2_01.jpg

There are pretty clearly some pretty diverse options for clothing, hair, accessories, etc. Even having a Fletchling feather as a head accessory instead of the sunglasses.

I think they might utilise 3DS play coins to purchase new clothing.

Rakurai

Did you not see the PSS picture?

june_new_p2_01.jpg

There are pretty clearly some pretty diverse options for clothing, hair, accessories, etc. Even having a Fletchling feather as a head accessory instead of the sunglasses.

I'm only going to believe it once I actually see the player character's ingame model with an appearance that's different from the one (Two if you count both genders) we've been seeing all the time.

We still don't actually know whether or not it's just the wireless avatar we can customize.

I had this thought, too. Am I weird for thinking it's cool that Nintendo is gently encouraging people to get up and walk around?

They've had quite a few things that had a pedometer in them, pocket pikachus, the pokewalker and now the whole system. I've had a 3DS since launch in the UK and only started to walk around with it when I upgraded to an XL and I've met a load of people through streetpass so it definitely has its benefits for health and playability.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I'm only going to believe it once I actually see the player character's ingame model with an appearance that's different from the one (Two if you count both genders) we've been seeing all the time.

We still don't actually know whether or not it's just the wireless avatar we can customize.

In the different trailers, we see both genders of the player character in different outfits. I think it's safe to assume that we'll at least be able to have different hat accessories, skin color, and hair color.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

What are you talking about, its on the webiste and GAMEFREAK TOLD US THAT we get to customize our character so we can look diferent from each other in the new system, etc.

R_N

"At certain points you'll be able to get new outfits and accessories for your Trainer!"
"What attire will you choose for your Trainer?"
"You'll be able to see the clothing you choose as you explore the Kalos region!"
"You can go back and change your outfit whenever you like."

FierceDeity1

Savior of Termina
As long as I get a Rocket grunt uniform, I will be satisfied with the customization feature

With the character customisation, this is the first game where you really get to play as yourself.

Really hoping they make beards an option, I'm not as fresh faced as I used to be.

nuzamaki90

With the character customisation, this is the first game where you really get to play as yourself.

Really hoping they make beards an option, I'm not as fresh faced as I used to be.

A trainer with a huge Santa-looking beard defeating a Preschooler, taking their money, and leaving them out by themselves on a route filled with wild, dangerous Pokemon that could even attack and kill in hordes.

Seems legit.

Skiddsy

Amping It Up
In the different trailers, we see both genders of the player character in different outfits. I think it's safe to assume that we'll at least be able to have different hat accessories, skin color, and hair color.

Skin, Hair, and Eyecolor were the first things confirmed. I think everyone starts out in the standard outfit (but with three derivations for each gender, with different hair, skin, and eyes), and you can change the rest through earning and buying more clothes/accessories/hairstyles/etc. Or at least this is the impression I get from what information we have.

But of COURSE they're using the Serena and Calem defaults in order to get better branding on who they are, if that makes sense. They're the defaults and easy to advertise and maintain a strong identity for the player character. This is probably why they're also being used as rivals, to keep them still important within the game even though our characters themselves can change a lot.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Well, don't forget, the game's main audience is supposed to be people without beards... And the protagonist has to have some age limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.