• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

I suspect that if there are any legacy costumes (and, really, there might not. PBR's options were all completely original) they'll be DLC bonuses (assuming they go through with pay-for DLC at all, what other dlc they decide to do to bundle with it, etc etc etc etc)

A trainer with a huge Santa-looking beard defeating a Preschooler, taking their money, and leaving them out by themselves on a route filled with wild, dangerous Pokemon that could even attack and kill in hordes.

Seems legit.

Haters gonna hate, haha.

Well, don't forget, the game's main audience is supposed to be people without beards... And the protagonist has to have some age limit.

I'm sure it says ages 3 and up on the games, haha. Plus if you've been playing since the first gen like me then you're probably going to have the ability to grow facial hair.

Rakurai

"At certain points you'll be able to get new outfits and accessories for your Trainer!"
"What attire will you choose for your Trainer?"
"You'll be able to see the clothing you choose as you explore the Kalos region!"
"You can go back and change your outfit whenever you like."

That stuff wasn't on the website the last time I checked, so I guess I ought to look more often.

In any case, it's nice to be finally able to have some individuality in regards to your trainer. Now, if only they'd let you accessorize your Pokemon, too....

Skiddsy

Amping It Up
I'm sure it says ages 3 and up on the games, haha. Plus if you've been playing since the first gen like me then you're probably going to have the ability to grow facial hair.

I've been playing since first gen and can't grow facial hair.

...Eventually grew breasts, though.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Someone tweeted Nanamaru in English and asked a few questions, so we have some more definitive answers (just bear in mind that Nanamaru used an online translator):

Satoshi not talk about 1st Mewtwo.
New Mewtwo is another individual.
He meets a New Mewtwo by chance.
Team Rocket again?→yes!!

Kein posted this on the movie 16 thread
And one thing that caught my eye is team rocket again
Maybe our evil organization is team rocket, or has teamed up with team rocket?
Or maybe team rocket will have a side plot along with thew new mewtwo forms?
What do you think?

____

Also as the new anime for XY was announced we can now see ash's new design
And his hat is the same as reds
Thins made me think maybe we will get pot her well known characters clothing
Like say Cynthia's hair, fantina's dress, Blaine's hat, Morty's scarf, cilan's suit and Gardenia's poncho for example,
I'd love that

___

The both of those point are looking extrewmly far into things, maybe abit too much
But I just thought I'd post it

Last edited:

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
Did you not see the PSS picture?

june_new_p2_01.jpg

There are pretty clearly some pretty diverse options for clothing, hair, accessories, etc. Even having a Fletchling feather as a head accessory instead of the sunglasses.

This makes me so happy..i hope you can get a Hoodie for your character..that would be awesome :D

adamfitz

poké-lover
This makes me so happy..i hope you can get a Hoodie for your character..that would be awesome :D

And notice one character is dressed like a lass
Maybe we will get gym leaders, elite four me member, protagonists and champion based clothing too?

Edit:
That guy with the purple hair, isn't cress' hair like that? And I can't tell but I think that he coulkd be wearing a suit

Last edited:

Regality

Digital King
Maybe we will get gym leaders, elite four me member, protagonists and champion based clothing too?

Edit:
That guy with the purple hair, isn't cress' hair like that? And I can't tell but I think that he coulkd be wearing a suit

images

Meh... Kinda?

And I do not think he is wearing a proper, formal suit? Maybe a tracksuit though?

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite

Edit:

That would be pretty cool..i want to see similar to Animal Crossing..you can Scan AR Codes to get Clothes..

Henraye

Toon Leader
As long as I get a Rocket grunt uniform, I will be satisfied with the customization feature

That reminds me in HG and SS where at one point in the game you had a rocket grunt uniform... I spent an entire day just walking around pretending to be a rocket grunt.... Anyway, they probably will have something like that, but instead it's a costume for the evil group this gen

Regality

Digital King
That reminds me in HG and SS where at one point in the game you had a rocket grunt uniform... I spent an entire day just walking around pretending to be a rocket grunt.... Anyway, they probably will have something like that, but instead it's a costume for the evil group this gen

I scanned a QR code on animal crossing to get a Rocket Grunt design :D
But yeah, it would be cool!

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz

Reminds me of Tahno, from the Legend of Korra. The water bender on the opposing pro-bender team.

So how alone am I in the desire for the contests from R/S to make a comeback? I really liked them originally, then they kinda dumbed them down in D/P and then they finally killed them in the poke-musical. Don't get me wrong, the poke musicals are OK, but I miss the orginal contests, and I wish they had elaborated more on the contests instead of just dumbing them down.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Reminds me of Tahno, from the Legend of Korra. The water bender on the opposing pro-bender team.

So how alone am I in the desire for the contests from R/S to make a comeback? I really liked them originally, then they kinda dumbed them down in D/P and then they finally killed them in the poke-musical. Don't get me wrong, the poke musicals are OK, but I miss the orginal contests, and I wish they had elaborated more on the contests instead of just dumbing them down.

Yeah musickes were a complete flop
I really want a return of contests!
We could have it done like in the anime
Draw the trail you want the move to follow and point of contact ect...

FierceDeity1

Savior of Termina

That was one of my favorite things about the game, and the reason why I want the option. Getting the new team uniforms is cool and all, but TR uniforms are just so classic

Henraye

Toon Leader
Yeah musickes were a complete flop
I really want a return of contests!
We could have it done like in the anime
Draw the trail you want the move to follow and point of contact ect...

YES. Bring back contests! After I beat Platinum, all I did was contests. And that would mean it would be in 3D, which would look amazing

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law

Yeah, me too. I wish you had the option to keep the uniform. It's only clothes after all.

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz
YES. Bring back contests! After I beat Platinum, all I did was contests. And that would mean it would be in 3D, which would look amazing

A mix of d/p dress up, and the battle/appeals round from r/s. Except more fleshed out. Maybe use pokemon amie as a way to train pokemon for contests? Pleeeease gamefreak?

Karlos Region

Kiss me Stunfisk!
Any links to see Hobby Fair gameplay video? and I've heard about the fainting-shrunk animation, and Zubats! where can I see that? God.. I sound so outdated LoL

Ditto24

Any links to see Hobby Fair gameplay video? and I've heard about the fainting-shrunk animation, and Zubats! where can I see that? God.. I sound so outdated LoL

The fainting animation was from Smash last night, Theres a pic on the New Gameplay thread :)

That would be pretty cool..i want to see similar to Animal Crossing..you can Scan AR Codes to get Clothes..

I think it would be a cool concept to have generic outfits available in-game at pokemarts or possibly obtainable by play coins. Then you cluld scan codes to get pokemon outfits. Like all the old protaganists and gym leaders and even the evil teams. A ghetsis outfit from b/w 2 would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.