• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
If the pokes actually move to attack the other and they r the correct size, I would LOVE to see wailord body slam patrat ! That would be fun. I wonder if patrat would become a pancake like in tom and jerry :D

sutasafaia

I really hope they decide to create a new system for Gen VI and stop using Dream World (Keep it for B&W obviously, just don't continue to use it with this new generation). DW was the main reason I wouldn't buy B+W2 after enjoying the first games so much, the whole thing just felt clunky. After a couple weeks you basically saw all the new areas, they had all the same games with maybe one exception per zone, and with the hard limit on the max number of pokemon you could ever take out of the DW there was no way to ever collect all the pokemon. The limit may have been removed later on, I don't personally know, I stopped playing eventually, but that was a huge mistake in my opinion to have one to begin with. I hope they go back and do something more innovative like the pokewalker again, that was a fun toy that at least gave me an excuse to look forward to going to work since I could bring it along with me.

Some kind of optional online thing is fine, even if it's another way to get exclusive pokemon, I just don't like the idea of unique pokemon or pokemon with unique powers being tied to a website. Things can go wrong, the site can go down, some day the site will be taken down when it's not used by as many people, your net can go down, etc. The pokewalker was at least always there to play with no matter what the situation was. I know some people will say that the website being taken down won't matter because it won't get taken down until it's not used much, but the number of people who still play gen I and II games attest to the fact that there will always be people who prefer older games and losing access to some pokemon forever because they take down a website just bites.

Anyway, first post, so...hi! I've been lurking on this site for about...ten years or so, give or take (has it really been that long? I think so)...never had the courage to actually post or say hi or anything, so...hi! Don't eat me.

Last edited:

Kieran-kun

ポケモンマスター
One of my concerns as well.. I don't want Froakie to be able to do that against a Wailord for example.. Or even worse, how do they show something 'miss' Wailord? Or on the flipside, how will they show stuff hitting Joltik?

HA! Those are good point's... I guess everything will be roughly the same size, within reason obviously. Either that or they'll make certain animations of bigger/smaller pokemon different to that of normal sized.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
Coughcough XD/Colloseum/PBR cough

I was talking about the main series, for me the gyms are part of what makes the world of Pokémon feel cohesive. Technically those instalments were spin-offs. I mean, yeah, they were RPG's, but it still revolved around snagging pokémon, which I can certainly say we will NEVER see in the main games. And PBR is just a Pokémon Stadium, but without a lot of the stuff on the latter, so I really don't count it much.

And I'm also excited to see the pokémon movements during battle. This seems to be something that GF "ups" in every generation, and I think that one will be no exception. Hoping to see an even more fluid battle in this gen!

Sonicmfc

My two big asks for this new generation are (like others have said) trainer customisation and I'd also like to see a less linear path on my journey. As in much more caves, routes etc. that you don't need to travel through or explore to progress in the story but you still can if you wish, along with a lot more proper side quests you could do before and after the main story would also be a great addition.

StoneyPikachu

The Highest Trainer
I really hope they decide to create a new system for Gen VI and stop using Dream World (Keep it for B&W obviously, just don't continue to use it with this new generation). DW was the main reason I wouldn't buy B+W2 after enjoying the first games so much, the whole thing just felt clunky. After a couple weeks you basically saw all the new areas, they had all the same games with maybe one exception per zone, and with the hard limit on the max number of pokemon you could ever take out of the DW there was no way to ever collect all the pokemon. The limit may have been removed later on, I don't personally know, I stopped playing eventually, but that was a huge mistake in my opinion to have one to begin with. I hope they go back and do something more innovative like the pokewalker again, that was a fun toy that at least gave me an excuse to look forward to going to work since I could bring it along with me.
i agree with this. down with dream world. it gets boring to fast

The one thing I really want to see? Since Nintendo are making downloadable titles available simultaneously with the boxed release, I want to be able to access extra stuff if I'm playing the dowloaded version with a DS game in the slot, and be able to transfer old Pokémon over without needing two DSs. I'd also love hidden abilities to just be available in normal play now.

What do people think the chances are thet we're going to see more hidden abilities? Is four potential abilities a bit much? Do we think there's going to be a Dream World equivalent this time around?

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Hmm, what about backwards compatibility? I'm curious as to how they plan to code getting our Pokemon into the next generation with few problems as it's going to be more than a simple update in the coding. And interesting legends, why do I get this feeling that one of them is involved somehow with the knight quad.

lidaboy

procrastina...
well, with this new battle system. I think it's safe to say...

Diglett is screwed.

EonDragonFTW

Hmm, what about backwards compatibility? I'm curious as to how they plan to code getting our Pokemon into the next generation with few problems as it's going to be more than a simple update in the coding.

Maybe they'll make a 3ds app, that can only be played with a Gen V game in the slot. The app copies (COPIES, not transfers, hehe) into its memory, and saves it. Then you load up Pokemon X/Y, and go to the Pal Park/Poketransfer equivalent, hit transfer option and send pokes from the app that's alrerady on the 3ds. This way, it only takes one 3DS, but is a little longer.

GalactaRay

Hmm, what about backwards compatibility? I'm curious as to how they plan to code getting our Pokemon into the next generation with few problems as it's going to be more than a simple update in the coding. And interesting legends, why do I get this feeling that one of them is involved somehow with the knight quad.
Exactly. But now theres a 3DS pokemon game coming we could get some VC pokemon games.
@Suta The poke-walker was the reason why I bought soulsliver.
At list there are a bunch of traditional stuff in the game like the battle circle and the grass-before-a-wild-pokemon-battle.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Maybe they'll make a 3ds app, that can only be played with a Gen V game in the slot. The app copies (COPIES, not transfers, hehe) into its memory, and saves it. Then you load up Pokemon X/Y, and go to the Pal Park/Poketransfer equivalent, hit transfer option and send pokes from the app that's alrerady on the 3ds. This way, it only takes one 3DS, but is a little longer.

Now that's awesome idea. We'd wouldn't have to worry about ever one-time moving my Pokemon again until Gen VII comes around XD

Last edited:

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails

or if you have X or Y downloaded on the eshop. and one of the others in the slot?

EonDragonFTW

Now that's awesome. I don't have to worry about ever one-time moving my Pokemon again until Gen VII comes around XD
Hopefully they do this, it's an awesome idea I got while on that I got on the can lol XD. In fact, Masuda better see this so he can implement it.

gliscor&yanmega

I'm wondering what will be removed from previous generations, and what will be added from them as well, assume either case will happen.

Safari Zone/Marsh returns? Maybe we can start gambling again? Will be have VS Seeker back? Kind of doubt the last two, but I wouldn't mind the first one so long as it's simple.

As for removed, I don't see Musicals, Movies, Join Avenue, and some other stuff being here. I'd imagine they'll do something different for the side attractions, not sure what though.

lol

anyhoo did anyone else wonder how they do the swinging on the rope/vine thing?

Probably just press a or something and the game does all the work for you, I think there was a gap under there that had no bottom so...probably can't do it ourselves to avoid falling to our death.

Although it'd be nice if we had to move it back and forth to jump across.

I'm hoping the battle system is still fast and streamlined like Black & White. One thing that was apparent with 3D Pokemon games was the animations would take longer than the 2D counterparts making the battles feel somewhat sluggish by comparison. But seeing the trailer more does seem to show that the speed of the battles is still there. I would also like to customize my character. It would be nice if players got the chance to make themselves in a Pokemon game. Hell maybe even add parts that would make you look like other popular Nintendo characters like Mario or Link.
Bolded : This is what I'm worried about most, I loved/adored the battle speed and the fact that battles ran at a smooth (90% of the time) 60fps, it's one of the main reasons why I played B/W and B2/W2 so much because of the smooth battles. Things still seem to be up to speed (for battles) and I really hope they are as smooth as B/W. I don't care too much about customizing my trainer, unless I can randomly cosplay as other characters. I'd rather look like another Nintendo character than to make my own.....I think.
I also want to see the option for random Wifi battles for the Online play. It would be nice to just battle random people all over the world without having to worry about specific events or friend codes.
Didn't B/W and B2/W2 actually do this already?

Lastly this is more of a personal wish but I would love to have my Pokemon follow me wherever I go again like in HG and SS. Seriously they were just cute to have outside with you. :3
Not a feature I truly care about but it's still a very nice one nonetheless.

Vecherom

Lavaridge Trainer
Wow is all I can really say. While I am extremely sad to see sprites go away, s looks amazing. Trainers have heights, and pokemon might actually be shown as large or small. Plus the whole jumping on the vine thing was really cool too. While I'm sad to see the old graphics go away, I'm excited to see the new things.

Although I hope breeding mechanics dont change too much

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Make it happen, Game Freak!

Status
Not open for further replies.