• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
To be fair, rollerblades are way easier to animate in 3D in comparison to a bike. Not saying the bike is replaced, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were. And it the terrain really shouldn't matter, because it's not like these rollerblades act like real rollerblades. If the designers need rollerblades to go up a mountain, they will do it.

You're right, screw physics, the bike in previous games went UP stairs, so rollerblades could be possible.

wunderkind

I have this nagging feeling the rollerblades might not just be for navigating through the big Paris-like city. Could they be a possible replacement for the Bike? If so, that would put a HUGE restriction on its use; it's very difficult to ride rollerblades on grassy, sandy, and rocky terrain. I haven't seen any screenshot for the Bike yet, so I'm nervous the rollerblades are a new feature.

This is why I think that those roller blades were really just Heelys, which will be the replacements for the Running Shoes that will activate in cities. They'll probably keep the bike or they could replace it for a new tire pokemon that can be ridden like a motorcycle.

This is why I think that those roller blades were really just Heelys, which will be the replacements for the Running Shoes that will activate in cities. They'll probably keep the bike or they could replace it for a new tire pokemon that can be ridden like a motorcycle.

Haha. Yea, I think that the roller blades are the new running shoes. From the trailer, they didn't seem as fast as the bike. Maybe your player could skate at a certain speed? But, I don't know. :/ I would totally love that

Jimmy354

I agree but for me it was more because the BW graphics were almost a step back. Sure, they were animated but so blurry it took the fun out. however, XY sprites seem to be smoother

gpt11

it would be awesome if you could ride your Pokemon and the speed was dependant on the Pokemon aswel so a Dodrio would run faster than a Torterra

Wait, I messed up. In the trailer when the male protagonist was going to Route 3, he was running correct? Then Running Shoes must still be there and the skates might be the new bike. Ugh, this is so confusing. What's going to take a hike?

Wait, I messed up. In the trailer when the male protagonist was going to Route 3, he was running correct? Then Running Shoes must still be there and the skates might be the new bike. Ugh, this is so confusing. What's going to take a hike?

Probably the bike. It would be difficult to animate (though I'm surprised they went with roller skates instead of a skateboard.) Although the bike could be back, although I'm not sure what for.

Probably the bike. It would be difficult to animate (though I'm surprised they went with roller skates instead of a skateboard.) Although the bike could be back, although I'm not sure what for.
I'm surprised as well. A skateboard seems better to me.
I doubt he would have a bike or skates by route 3 lol
I know that. But, our player did receive the bike in Nimbasa City in BW which is right after Route 4, so it's not such a surprise.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Skates shouldn't replace the Bike.

If in game they make sure you know Biking in sand, long grass and swamps slow you down...

Skates are even worse for that, you can't skate in sand or grass well at all. any beaches with shallow walkable spots would be un skatable too

guitargodd97

Dragon Master
Well, maybe skates, running shoes, and bikes are all customizable objects. It's already been pointed out that there is the possibility of character customization in the trailer video with the fact that the male protagonist is shown without his goggle type things, showing that they are not a part of the actual character model. With that level of character customization possible available, it would not seem that far off that they could make it so a player chooses if they want to currently be using running shoes, skates, a bike, etc. Ya know?

Solacen

If you tried to skate in sand or in a swamp wouldnt you just get stuck or trip over?

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
I'm excited about the fact that after the game comes out, we could get some interesting dlc or patches since the 3ds supports that. After we complete the game, we could be surprised with some extra dlc which would be a first for the series.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I'm excited about the fact that after the game comes out, we could get some interesting dlc or patches since the 3ds supports that. After we complete the game, we could be surprised with some extra dlc which would be a first for the series.

DLC sounds like a really good option, as long as its fair. I hope that Unova at least appears at DLC... I mean, maybe like a whole other post-game story :p

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
DLC sounds like a really good option, as long as its fair. I hope that Unova at least appears at DLC... I mean, maybe like a whole other post-game story :p

They're not going to include entire regions as DLC, that's way too much. If they can fit that much more content in the games, they will. It's probably going to about the size of Sinnoh's Battle Zone, that's a more appropriate size for DLC.

I didn't even think of that. We could have a lot more possibilities now that we're capable of getting DLC since it's on the 3DS. I could see them making an area the size of the Sevii Islands, Sinnoh's Battle Zone, or possibly bigger, as DLC. They could even add areas where we can get legendaries from previous generations, instead of just having standard events.

Status
Not open for further replies.