• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I didn't even think of that. We could have a lot more possibilities now that we're capable of getting DLC since it's on the 3DS. I could see them making an area the size of the Sevii Islands, Sinnoh's Battle Zone, or possibly bigger, as DLC. They could even add areas where we can get legendaries from previous generations, instead of just having standard events.

That's what I was thinking too. You'd have access to completely new areas with Pokemon not seen anywhere else in the game, legendaries also not seen elsewhere, possibly some new features (maybe a Battle Frontier/PWT or Contest/Pokeathlon/Musical/PokeStar Studios type place), and even a mini storyline.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
That's what I was thinking too. You'd have access to completely new areas with Pokemon not seen anywhere else in the game, legendaries also not seen elsewhere, possibly some new features (maybe a Battle Frontier/PWT or Contest/Pokeathlon/Musical/PokeStar Studios type place), and even a mini storyline.

I hope they don't do this, mainly because the players without access to wifi out there get screwed over enough already. They can't use GTS, Random Matchup or the Dream World, they can't trade/battle with friends using FCs, and they can't download the wifi event pokemon that we take for granted. The last thing we need is to deprive them of huge chunks of the post-game.

If anything like that is unlockable, it should be a reward for defeating the elite four/getting all medals (if they return)/completing national dex etc...it shouldn't be dlc only.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I hope they don't do this, mainly because the players without access to wifi out there get screwed over enough already. They can't use GTS, Random Matchup or the Dream World, they can't trade/battle with friends using FCs, and they can't download the wifi event pokemon that we take for granted. The last thing we need is to deprive them of huge chunks of the post-game.

If anything like that is unlockable, it should be a reward for defeating the elite four/getting all medals (if they return)/completing national dex etc...it shouldn't be dlc only.

The fans of other games without wifi with DLC don't seem to cry over it...

Bramblefire

Aura Guardian
The fans of other games without wifi with DLC don't seem to cry over it...

What may work for other games, may not work all to well for Pokemon. Sure it would be nice to have DLC, but the kinda style the pokemon series is (and how Gamefreak seems to operate) doesn't allow much room for it. Just because of new hardware/software they are not gonna limit players by cutting off areas without DLC. Sure, event items that open areas are one thing; at most you will miss is a extra legendary pokemon. With DLC one could be missing out on entire sections of the game. Besides, if Gamefreak are going to include a feature in the game, they will just add it or save it for later.

(That being said, who knows? I just merely find it unlikely)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

At this point there isn't a single person in the world without access to WiFi.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer

Um...precisely....I'm pretty sure if there is anybody who doesn't have wifi access, its because they re 7yo and there parents don't allow them to use the Wifi....so yeah...

EonDragonFTW

If you for some reason do not have wifi just head over to your nearest McDonald s

I don't have access to wifi, my ISP uses an ethernet connection and it's too expensive to upgrade to wireless. Neither I nor my roommate make enough money to afford to upgrade, especially after our bills.

Edit@^: The nearest McDonald's is 20+ miles away from me, and I can't drive. We don't all live in big cities within walking distance to downtown, some of us choose to live in small towns far from the city.

Last edited:

Coller23

Aggron Extraordinair
I don't have access to wifi, my ISP uses an ethernet connection and it's too expensive to upgrade to wireless. I'd get those things for the DS that plug into your computer's USB port, but they don't make them anymore due to choking hazards for kids on the small parts.

There are restaurants or stores with free WiFi. MY internet connection is really slow sometimes so I usually go to stores to download things anyways.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
I don't have access to wifi, my ISP uses an ethernet connection and it's too expensive to upgrade to wireless. I'd get those things for the DS that plug into your computer's USB port, but they don't make them anymore due to choking hazards for kids on the small parts.

okay. But this doesn't mean or justify why gamefreak should make it easily accessible. IT ALREADY IS! There was time where I didn't have wifi, so....I would simply walk to the nearest starbucks, and get on random battles, gts, and more...
Gamefreak has already made things simple enough.Anywhere with wifi can you enjoy these things too.

Read my edit, it further explains my predicament.

I COULD get to those types of places, if I made a day trip to the city for it. However, with the schedules of those who'd have to drive me there, it'd be virtually impossible to get to a wifi access point in time for such events, unless they stayed active for more than a month.

Last edited:

Icon Zeph

I'm really hoping the daycare is available early on in this one. The only gripe I had about White 2 was not being able to breed until after the Elite 4. -.-

Zorgaz

Veteran
I'm really hoping the daycare is available early on in this one. The only gripe I had about White 2 was not being able to breed until after the Elite 4. -.-

I'm sure it will be, It was available early in Black and White.

blackarcanine123

Quite ignorant to say that.

I hope ts like gen 3 with huge game play changes. Gen 4 did give the physical special split and gen 5 gave triple battles. But gen 3 revolutionized Pokemon battling.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Quite ignorant to say that.

I hope ts like gen 3 with huge game play changes. Gen 4 did give the physical special split and gen 5 gave triple battles. But gen 3 revolutionized Pokemon battling.

What is there to change?

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Guys, just to further on my previous post, dlc actually already exists in the pokemon world on the 3ds.

http://www.serebii.net/dungeoninfinity/dlc.shtml

Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity features dlc. I think it is highly likely that X and Y will get some dlc also.

Status
Not open for further replies.