• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

They're not going to do that, Game Freak doesn't care about the competitive scene or people who spend days breeding for a specific IV spread. It's honestly a wonder they've actually sort of mentioned the things in game.

They did at least make it easier to influence the two IVs you want from the parents, and the little blurbs make it slightly easier to determine who has what highest IV

Super Llama

Aussie Poké Trainer
Hoping the new games don't play music specifically for when your Pokémon is on low-health, hate having an epic battle with epic music then having the annoying low-health theme play over it.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Hoping the new games don't play music specifically for when your Pokémon is on low-health, hate having an epic battle with epic music then having the annoying low-health theme play over it.

Agreed. I absolutely hate that music.

R_N

The music is fantastic don't be hating on the panic theme. Really brings out the "OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD THINGS WENT WRONG" feeling

Bramblefire

Aura Guardian
The music is fantastic don't be hating on the panic theme. Really brings out the "OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD THINGS WENT WRONG" feeling

Pretty much this. Also, even though the new music can interrupt better music, its much better than just the low health pinging noise on its own. Goodness, I found that thing annoying.

Solacen

I love the music that starts playing when you are up to the last Pokemon of a gym leader and other such times.

Serebii!

I find the low health music so annoying especially when you have a Pokemon on low health for a long time, even if they could just decrease the volume of the low health music compared to others so I don't have to turn the sound off

Super Llama

Aussie Poké Trainer
I suppose, I did have that rush occasionally while playing through the main story. I'm probably just hating on it because last time I heard it, it was playing over the Hoenn Champion theme >_>

Would be nice if this music were optional at least, though I somehow don't see a toggle of the sort being implemented.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I suppose, I did have that rush occasionally while playing through the main story. I'm probably just hating on it because last time I heard it, it was playing over the Hoenn Champion theme >_>

Would be nice if this music were optional at least, though I somehow don't see a toggle of the sort being implemented.

It could be implemented to some settings in the game menu.
I don't mind the music as it is, it adds a bit of anxiety to the situation. But, when it plays over those gym battles, or Ghetsis's or N's theme it becomes really annoying !

Gloryus

Where's Wally?

I think we're going to take whatever music we're given without toggling it. Wouldn't mind not having the low music health or just changing it to something that doesn't want be to play on mute.

RainbowPandemic

Sweeper Queen
I really fail to understand why people would be against character customization. I have been playing pokemon almost religiously since 1998 with red and blue and I have always wanted my trainer to at least have brown skin like I have! i mean hair, facial features, and clothes personalizations would be amazing but i would just be satisfied with the option to NOT be a young pale skinned trainer... no offense to anyone ^ ^

RainbowPandemic

Sweeper Queen
another thing I would love to see (if it hasn't already been talked about) is your trainer actually throwing the pokeball at the pokemon to catch it and maybe when they caught it do like a fanfare dance thing or something like that... or maybe not even a dance.. maybe like they pick up the pokeball and thrust it into the air (kinda like in the show i guess)

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
another thing I would love to see (if it hasn't already been talked about) is your trainer actually throwing the pokeball at the pokemon to catch it and maybe when they caught it do like a fanfare dance thing or something like that... or maybe not even a dance.. maybe like they pick up the pokeball and thrust it into the air (kinda like in the show i guess)

I would cringe everytime I was forced to catch a Pokémon.

I honestly think they might do that for Pokemon X and Y..3D Gives Gamefreak so many options it's crazy

Solacen

I guess they could do something similar to that and have the trainer properly animated when they bring their pokemon out during battles. Black and white was a start even if it was abit odd because of its sprite based animations.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

I wouldn't like the idea of looking like an idiot while catching a Pokemon, I'm not playing Oot.

adamfitz

poké-lover

So cringe Worthy if done wrong.
Throwing poke ball yeah
But no dancing please

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination

This sounds so lame ._.

Super Llama

Aussie Poké Trainer
Anybody think the odds of encountering shiny Pokémon will increase again? I'm quite satisfied with 1/1024 odds with MM + Shiny Charm, but what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.