• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebevan91

I see no issues with them, so long as they are like B/W you'd only need them for side stuff.

Ok now that I'd be OK with.

I think 4th gen was the biggest offender of this. I had to have 2 Pokemon in my party for the majority of HMs, and then my water type knew Surf and my Flying type new Fly.

BLADEDGE

loves a puzzle
Did someone Already discuss Customizable Avatars (IE Player Characters)?

char_char

Beginning Trainer
I'd like if instead of having a Pokemon Musical or Pokewood they would implement a kind of Pokemon Snap-esque side quest that involves taking pictures of Pokemon and the surrounding scenery.

ebevan91

Did someone Already discuss Customizable Avatars (IE Player Characters)?

Yeah. Some like the idea, others don't. I liked the idea at first but I don't anymore. Seems kinda pointless unless others get to see your character.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
If there isn't a feature where I can send my older pokemon from Generation 5 to these new Gen 6 games, I'm considering not purchasing them.

I have like, 10 million legends and usable pokes on B/W/B2/W2, accumulated from about 8 years of work dating back to gen 3. So there's a solid 8 years of gaming down the drain. It sounds so stupid to give up a franchise solely because of this, but I'm a bit on the older side, about to start College, and restarting on pokemon is just too much to deal with everything else going on.

This isn't like the gen gap between the 2nd gen and 3rd gen; The seeding system and IV/EV/Nature mechanics aren't (probably AND hopefully) going to change, so there HAS to be some way, through a 3DS program or something, to transfer pokemon.

Sonicmfc

Boss battles such as gyms, villains and especially the champion are going to look extremely epic with these new battle visuals XD

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
HMs, huh? I think that they need to either make them more useful or downgrade them. If you're going to force us to have them on us, they need to be useful in and outside of battle. We don't need 3 Water type HMs. We don't need HMs with low base power (I'm looking at you Rock Smash). We don't need HMs that are only used to clear simple obstacles. If it's not something you'd expect to use all of the time, it shouldn't be an HM, but it could be a TM if needed.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Boss battles such as gyms, villains and especially the champion are going to look extremely epic with these new battle visuals XD

I'm actually most looking forward to the new backgrounds in battle. Would certainly add extra degrees of realism to the battles which were so sorely needed for a long, long time.

Aurath8

If there isn't a feature where I can send my older pokemon from Generation 5 to these new Gen 6 games, I'm considering not purchasing them.

Well the DS and 3DS can communicate, so you'll probably only need a DS and 3DS to transfer pokemon. As long as there aren't any drastic changes to game mechanics, like the jump to Gen 3 you should be fine.

Ok now that I'd be OK with.

I think 4th gen was the biggest offender of this. I had to have 2 Pokemon in my party for the majority of HMs, and then my water type knew Surf and my Flying type new Fly.

I'd say Kanto is worse, simply because Cut trees are freakin' everywhere. Sinnoh does get extra points for forcing you to have Rock Climb, Strength and Surf to climb Mt. Coronet and having to battle 2 Galactic Admins, Cyrus and Giritina with an HM Slave or weakened team.

BLADEDGE

loves a puzzle
oh, ok. just wanted to be sure

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I'll assume we'll just have a Poke-Park type area like they did to transfer Gen III to Gen IV Pokemon.

The thing I just want the most to be able to customize the trainer .

ebevan91

One thing I really really really hope they never do again is make challenge mode exclusive to one version.

I almost boycotted BW2 because of that, but I didn't.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I hope they keep seasons. It was a great addition.

Except for the part where if you miss something, you have to wait another 3 months. I think they should do something that functions similar, but has a less ridiculous wait time. For instance, what if it was weather, not seasons, that affects the area? Sunny weather could dry up watery areas allowing you to explore more low lying areas. Rainy weather could flood the area allowing you to explore higher areas. Hail could do the same thing that winter did. Best of all, weather would only last for a day or so and could come back weekly so there's no ridiculous wait times.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Except for the part where if you miss something, you have to wait another 3 months. I think they should do something that functions similar, but has a less ridiculous wait time. For instance, what if it was weather, not seasons, that affects the area? Sunny weather could dry up watery areas allowing you to explore more low lying areas. Rainy weather could flood the area allowing you to explore higher areas. Hail could do the same thing that winter did. Best of all, weather would only last for a day or so and could come back weekly so there's no ridiculous wait times.

you snooze you lose.

and i would love a Customizable Avatar, especially if others could see it when you are bettleing them.

also (not sure if we have any info on this yet) do you think you can see the trainers on the side of the battlefield in this game?

Lunar.

I can't run forever
I really don't like the 3d battling, I feel that was something they should keep into the non portable game system games like XD.

GalladeofSpades

Imaginative 24/7
I hope Poison actually becomes super-effective to something OTHER than Grass. Poison is one of my favourite types, and it's embarissingly bad.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Give unto us our Easy/Challenge Modes on both games from the start, our HGSS-style overworld touchscreen functionality, our BW2-style Y button functionality, PC organization and Repel prompts, and our DPPt-style eight-pocket Bag, and I will be a happy Boy.

Mind you, knowing GameFreak, we'll get a touchscreen that permanently shows a smiling Pikachu, our Bag will be RBY-style, and lol anything from BW2.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I'm just wondering what new dual types with be possibly be introduced in 6th Gen. I'm personally want to see an Electric/Fighting type or a Rock/Dragon, I think that would work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.