• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
another thing I would love to see (if it hasn't already been talked about) is your trainer actually throwing the pokeball at the pokemon to catch it and maybe when they caught it do like a fanfare dance thing or something like that... or maybe not even a dance.. maybe like they pick up the pokeball and thrust it into the air (kinda like in the show i guess)

That sounds amazing. I kinda always wanted that.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Anybody think the odds of encountering shiny Pokémon will increase again? I'm quite satisfied with 1/1024 odds with MM + Shiny Charm, but what do you guys think?

The easier to encounter shiny Pokémon, the better for me... But I doubt, the odds are already kinda high.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
I'd rather have my Pokémon contract Pokérus easier. I never gotten it yet in all my years playing.

I got it once, in my Pokemon Diamond and at the time I did not know about Pokerus so I thought something was wrong with my Pokemon and my game. So I restarted immediately without saving. XD

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I don't think they need to up the chances of it, I've had it in about 4 games but then again I could just be lucky :)

What ! you have got in 4 games !!! I've played EVERY main series games, and I've never got it !
Guess I'll go to my little corner and just cry there......

Super Llama

Aussie Poké Trainer
I don't know what Pokerus is..is it some kinda of virus?
Sorta, it doubles the amount of effort values your Pokémon gains after defeating another Pokémon. It can spread to other party Pokémon too and wears of eventually, unless you box an infected Pokémon. You can hold onto the Pokérus this way and then pass it around again when you want to :3

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
What ! you have got in 4 games !!! I've played EVERY main series games, and I've never got it !

It's all a matter of luck. Some people have played every game and never found a shiny, whereas I've found 5 (and caught 4) in my 13 years of playing. Not too shabby :)

However, I only ever found Pokerus myself back on Crystal version (the rest of the time I've got it off the GTS), and like others on here have said, I heard the word 'virus' and it scared the hell outta me...

Anyways they've given us the Shiny Charm, so who says they won't give us a 'Rus Charm?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I prefer having a Pokemon having a new ability that can inflict Pokerus.
It could be an exclusive ability to a certain new Pokemon that can have at least 5% chance of passing the virus upon contact in battles.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
It could be an exclusive ability to a certain new Pokemon that can have at least 5% chance of passing the virus upon contact in battles.

Maybe it could be the hidden ability of the regional rat. When you encounter the regional rat, it might have a very small chance of giving poekrus to you. So, you should never run away from the regional rat ! ;P

Last edited:

blackarcanine123

I've been playing for 6 years and my nephews been playing for 2. Yet he has twice as many shinies as me. (Zuko from ATLA) He was born lucky I was lucky to be born.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?

That's one powerful ability to have in game. Not sure how I feel about it if such an ability was included. It seems that would make Pokérus almost common.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
That's one powerful ability to have in game. Not sure how I feel about it if such an ability was included. It seems that would make Pokérus almost common.

True.

They could make it as a hidden ability for one specific Pokemon, via Hidden Grotto, Dream Radar or Dream World (if these features return).
For DW, it could require a lot of Dream Points; for Dream Radar, it would require a lot of Dream Orbs.

Or, disregard all of these ideas and just increase the chance of obtaining Pokerus.

Super Llama

Aussie Poké Trainer
Personally I don't think Pokérus is even worth the trouble of obtaining. Using the Power items that give the +4 EVs it only took me about 1 hour for my newly hatched Treecko to get a 255 Attack 255 Speed spread this morning.
Though its understandable that obtaining Pokérus is so difficult, if you know what you're doing then you can practically keep spreading it forever once one of your Pokémon gets a hold of it.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Personally I don't think Pokérus is even worth the trouble of obtaining. Using the Power items that give the +4 EVs it only took me about 1 hour for my newly hatched Treecko to get a 255 Attack 255 Speed spread this morning.
Though its understandable that obtaining Pokérus is so difficult, if you know what you're doing then you can practically keep spreading it forever once one of your Pokémon gets a hold of it.

Pokérus adds some nice stuff to the game. It's a good way to train if you don't know about EVs. It also adds some mystery to the game. I always wondered what these little viruses look like, or if they can be called Pokémon. I hope GF reveals some info on these viruses some day.
On another note, it would have made more sense for Pokérus to change IV rather than EVs as viruses change the DNA of cells ( real world equivalent of IVs ).

Edit - Actually, I don't think they can be pokemon, coz, viruses in real life are not considered to be living creatures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.