• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
If you actually read what he's written its pretty obvious. He's played for 5 hours and gotten to the fifth gym and seen 200 Pokemon. In a game he's playing for the first time? Seems legit.

Wow, I didn't catch that myself. But that was because I was trying to not spoil myself in case it ended up being true. Even now after playing the games so many times, I don't think I could get to the 5th Gym in less than 10 hours, so yeah. No way that would have ended up being legit.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Best looking Pokemon Centers ever

a6or.jpg

Don't really like the layout for aesthetic reasons, but it is practical. Nurse Joy is right near the entrance, and everything else is reasonably close by.

Rio!

Composer
Wow, I didn't catch that myself. But that was because I was trying to not spoil myself in case it ended up being true. Even now after playing the games so many times, I don't think I could get to the 5th Gym in less than 10 hours, so yeah. No way that would have ended up being legit.
It is possible, especially if you race straight on through doing the bare minimum to meet the requirements.
At least the layout of the PC seems pretty reasonable. Yay no staircase. XD

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It is possible, especially if you race straight on through doing the bare minimum to meet the requirements.

Maybe if you avoid all trainers possible and have Repels on all the time, but then how would you possibly see 200 Pokemon that early in the game and be reasonably strong enough to keep fighting all the important battles, especially with the updated EXP system? 5 gyms in 5 hours is in no way reasonable with all that, even for standard runs.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
The day/night cycle should stay the way it's always been. Night when it's night, and day when it's day. It would be stupid for anything else, let alone ten minutes for each. Not to mention how hard it would be to get Pokémon that were night only, or day only. And evolving happiness-based Pokémon, like Espeon and Umbreon when it has to be either day or night respectively. I see no reason at all on how it would be at all smart to change it from how it always has been.
Anyway, that Pokémon center picture someone posted earlier looks awesome. I hope all the other buildings look just as cool on the inside. Maybe some change so that not technically every building in a certain town looks pretty much identical on the inside?

This, we need a normal day and night cycle. I kinda liked that the games had an actual cycle matching the real world as for obtaining time based Pokemon, personally the only ones I have ever found difficult are the morning and evening ones as they are such a short obscure time. night and day are fine. I kinda find it annoying that they removed the day/night cycle...

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Guys. The rumors are fake.
Just the bit with the Day/Night cycle already proves him wrong.

The in-game time follows the 3DS clock. Real-time.
Source: http://www.3djuegos.com/juegos/avances/15414/4002/0/pok-mon-x---pok-mon-y/

Darn, I was hyped for Mega Mienshao/Manectric :( Oh well, someone in the comments said the Reviewers are Embargo(ed?) until the 4th... :DDDDDDDDDDD Also knew it was cheesy when I read the Night/Day cycle, Water/Bug type Spider, and the No more Seasons.

Rio!

Composer
Darn, I was hyped for Mega Mienshao/Manectric :( Oh well, someone in the comments said the Reviewers are Embargo(ed?) until the 4th... :DDDDDDDDDDD Also knew it was cheesy when I read the Night/Day cycle, Water/Bug type Spider, and the No more Seasons.

And the countdown to possible leaks begin. I guess now people will start being even more careful if they don't want to accidentally get spoiled. XD

Maybe if you avoid all trainers possible and have Repels on all the time, but then how would you possibly see 200 Pokemon that early in the game and be reasonably strong enough to keep fighting all the important battles, especially with the updated EXP system? 5 gyms in 5 hours is in no way reasonable with all that, even for standard runs.

That is a good point. Then too, I never did watch any run-throughs since I was trying to discover more content on my own. ;o

R_N

Note that the Embargo lifting likely just means on the review
Reminder that even after that there's more embargos on the information that they can reveal and talk about

It's not a one-way ticket to leaksville 8 days early

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Seeing that many Pokemon that quickly isn't possible. It's possible to simply progress that far treating it like a speedrun, but that's still doubtful considering the games are brand new.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Eh, with 700+ Pokémon... Yeah 200 Pokémon isn't even half of that. Also with the Pokedex being split into three parts we may have more than B&W 2 in our Pokedex.

R_N

Eh, with 700+ Pokémon... Yeah 200 Pokémon isn't even half of that. Also with the Pokedex being split into three parts we may have more than B&W 2 in our Pokedex.

It's not split into 3 parts
It's one pokedex with 3 categories

Something like Fletchling would probably be in central and mountain, for instance.

Think FRLG

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Something like Fletchling would probably be in central and mountain, for instance.

Think FRLG

Although with that being said, Masuda did state that each area will have a wider variety of Pokémon available thanks to things like flower grass.

R_N

Although with that being said, Masuda did state that each area will have a wider variety of Pokémon available thanks to things like flower grass.

Yes I'm certain the dex will be huge

but

probably not because of the categories

Erron Black

The Outlaw

Think FRLG

Oh Sorry, my mistake I was thinking it was split into three parts. And OH! FRLG pokedex? Okay that makes sense :p

MonfernoFreak

~Monferno is boss~
C'mon Kalos! Please an actual COOL Fire-Type Gym Leader, I mean, excluding Chilli who didn't have his OWN gym, we've had Blaine and Flannery, and I've always just disliked them. pls. *prays to mighty arceus*

Bariokie

rock dog
C'mon Kalos! Please an actual COOL Fire-Type Gym Leader, I mean, excluding Chilli who didn't have his OWN gym, we've had Blaine and Flannery, and I've always just disliked them. pls. *prays to mighty arceus*

I think you should go to the character discussion/speculation thread ^^

Do you think we'll have an entralink like thing in X and Y?

Rakurai

I'm really hoping they give Freeze Dry the same treatment as Frost Breath in that it's only learnable by actual Ice type Pokemon.

It might encourage people to use them a little more if they at least no longer have to fear getting walled by Water types.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I think you should go to the character discussion/speculation thread ^^

Depends on the extend of the PGL. If there is a Dream world(or something similiar) then yes we will have something like that because we will need a place to go get our Pokemon we caught in there. If Dream World is absent then I doubt we will. If you can only get items from the PGL This time around then all they have to do is put them directly in our bag. By the way do you guys think the Free Space spot will be available in our bag again? that was a nice little feature in 5th Generation. What about the option of reused rebels without having to go into the bag every time. I really liked that from B2W@

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
C'mon Kalos! Please an actual COOL Fire-Type Gym Leader,
Don't be silly. Fire's hot, not cool. :V
I would like to see it. Fun little minigames added a lot of playability to the game, especially when you had some friends around too.

IMACHARIZARDGUY

Pokemon Master
a fire gym would be pretty cool considering there are a lot of new fire pokemon. Im sure the gym would have a few early catchable ones and later more powerful ones

Status
Not open for further replies.