• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Let me ask you guys... what would you prefer:

A: Pokémon's cries are the same as always?
B: Older Pokémon gets updated cries, and newer stays the same?
C: Pokémon now say their name/growls/etc, like in the anime?

At least, I think this should be in the Gameplay part... sorry if it shouldn't. D:

I would totally love that. Compare the older cries to the new ones. The old ones sound so ugh, I wish they were updated or something. Hearing them say their name would be excellent.

Aegon

Man... They will probably make the music for the new games with real instruments (aka orchestrated). That sucks.

Regarding the new battle mechanism, I think it will be like the links in Pokémon Conquest. That was an awesome feature by the way.
Yeah, I really liked that about Conquest. Using the Link system could even give an exclusive bonus to certain Pokémon, such as your starter. It'd make the starters more usable, at least.

The retro cries need to be updated so, so badly. They sound horrible compared to the recent ones. I wouldn't be against Pokémon saying their names, but I'd much prefer the animal-like cries to remain in the games. I can't see them choosing to include six (?) different sets of cries, either.

Last edited:

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
@DKYK
The old cries are nostalgic, and awesome in that way. But they are very bad when compared to the newer ones. I would honestly prefer if they updated, or gave them voices. ^^ Good voices. Some of the ones in the anime are a little... lazy nowdays. ._.

@Poetry
Sometime, in the future.. >:3

ebevan91

I'd update the older ones to Gen 3-5 quality.

I'd have the game on mute permanently if the Pokemon actually said their names.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I'd update the older ones to Gen 3-5 quality.

I'd have the game on mute permanently if the Pokemon actually said their names.

It would be for the best if the first Gens vere updated, and there was an option to hear their names. ^^ Doubt that'll happen, though, but who knows.

Phoenixfatih

At least, I think this should be in the Gameplay part... sorry if it shouldn't. D:

I think C would be terrible. Actually, I really liked the BW2 trailer, where Pokemon sound similar to their game cries instead of saying their names. So for me cries will always be better than saying their names.

B is what I really want for this generation. Updating cries would be amazing.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I thought about it, they don't all have to say their names, they could be a Pokemon like Entei and roar. That would be cool. But, yea I doubt it as well. xD

Yes, that's what I said at first (say their names/growl/etc... so yeah, road includes too, my bad). ^^ I mean, we can't have a Mewtwo saying "Mewtwo!" right?!

Improve the cries and make the attacks much more flashy and cool..also add a parry system
Oh, that's what you meant. I thought you meant that they would have difference cries than from the games, because that's Stadium and Stadium 2. But, I'd like that.

Yes, that's what I said at first (say their names/growl/etc... so yeah, road includes too, my bad). ^^ I mean, we can't have a Mewtwo saying "Mewtwo!" right?!

Yea, that wouldn't sit down with me right. xD

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Update the ones from 1st gen that sound the same (Charizard and Rhyhorn, Machop and Omanyte, Machamp and Slowbro, etc.), but leave the rest alone.

briguin

Dr. Geek
..also add a parry system
Eh. I like the idea, but 1) I don't see it being pulled off too well. I mean what would it be, a quick time event? 2) It would make battles, both online and in-game, VERY cheap and annoying. There's always gonna be that player or CPU who's mastered the parry system, making them absurdly powerful.
Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea, It's just that I can't see it being added to the Pokemon formula without making battles unbalanced and poorly done.
Or they just make it a luck factor and when it does occur, it simply reduces damage taken.

Sorry if this has already been brought up, I haven't scanned all 62 pages of this thread. :p

I wonder what the future of shinies will be? (Shinies are pokemon of a different color in case anyone is confused)

In a way, shinies are not as rare as they were during the original Gold/ Silver release. Shinies have been given away in-game, though special wi-fi events, pokeradar chaining to hunt shinies and so on. Breeding pokemon from different regions also increases the chances of baby shinies.

So I wonder if shinies could become more common in XY, or bring back pokeradar hunting to more easily get shinies. I understand that shinies should be rare, but to get certain shinies requires a HUGE number of SFs (Soft resets) unless you are very lucky. In the past I would SF to get a female starter, but never tried for a shiny. I caught a shiny by sheer luck in Emerald.

My other shiny question is from a statement I read on the forums: someone said that since it's harder (or impossible) to "hack" a 3DS, would this mean having to get very lucky to find the shiny forms of XY pokemon? I am not sure if that statement is true, as I know nothing on how the previous games were "hacked" to find special event pokemon and so on.

I'm pretty sure shinies are here to stay for the upcoming generation. Maybe I'll get lucky and catch/ hatch/ SF one. :)

confuser987

Do you think that Pokemon will be Nintendo Network Compatible like Fire Emblem Awakening?? Transferring pokemon between games of gen VI would be easier and also we wouldn't need Friend Codes. Nintendo Network was made to erase the need of using Friend Codes.

Last edited:

Zix Serro

Sorry if this has already been brought up, I haven't scanned all 62 pages of this thread. :p

I wonder what the future of shinies will be? (Shinies are pokemon of a different color in case anyone is confused)

In a way, shinies are not as rare as they were during the original Gold/ Silver release. Shinies have been given away in-game, though special wi-fi events, pokeradar chaining to hunt shinies and so on. Breeding pokemon from different regions also increases the chances of baby shinies.

So I wonder if shinies could become more common in XY, or bring back pokeradar hunting to more easily get shinies. I understand that shinies should be rare, but to get certain shinies requires a HUGE number of SFs (Soft resets) unless you are very lucky. In the past I would SF to get a female starter, but never tried for a shiny. I caught a shiny by sheer luck in Emerald.

My other shiny question is from a statement I read on the forums: someone said that since it's harder (or impossible) to "hack" a 3DS, would this mean having to get very lucky to find the shiny forms of XY pokemon? I am not sure if that statement is true, as I know nothing on how the previous games were "hacked" to find special event pokemon and so on.

I'm pretty sure shinies are here to stay for the upcoming generation. Maybe I'll get lucky and catch/ hatch/ SF one. :)

Well considering that in B2/W2 there was an item you could get to make finding shinies easier, I think they'll just stick with that.

Do you think that Pokemon will be Nintendo Network Compatible like Fire Emblem Awakening?? Transferring pokemon between games of gen VI would be easier and also we wouldn't need Friend Codes. Nintendo Network was made to erase the need of using Friend Codes.

I am sure that Pokemon X and Y will be Nintendo Network Compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.