• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowF

I don't think we are going to be able to rng for shiny eggs this generation. From what I know we could not rng eggs in pokemon black and white 2.

Erchamion

was there any truth to the statement about being able to reset the evs of your pokemon with the super training. If true I would only need to worry about getting right nature + decent ivs on my pokemon and then retrain them at post game instead of getting new ones and then releasing my ingame team (always felt wrong doing that), well I guess I could ev- train from the start but 500 battles just for the starter...

Tytus

Iron Islander
I came here looking for a list of new attacks and/or items. The first page of this thread has not been updated with any of this information. Could anyone kindly point to where I can find this stuff?

Thanks.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Could someone tell me, how many new Attacks do we know of so far? And Abilities? Last Gen had around 100 of both, but there doesn't seem to be nearly as many this time. ^^

... this is the right Place for attacks and abilities, right..?

Sarefan

Hylden General.
It seems you can mount a Mamoswine.

That's so much cooler than mounting a Rhyhorn...
Lol! That is amazing! I wonder if there are more pokémon that you can ride on.
Ponyta/Rapidash, Arcanine, Dodrio, Tauros are others that immediatly come in mind. Just like in that episode in the anime.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Could someone tell me, how many new Attacks do we know of so far? And Abilities? Last Gen had around 100 of both, but there doesn't seem to be nearly as many this time. ^^

... this is the right Place for attacks and abilities, right..?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokémon-xy-data-collection.3489182/

And yes, it is.

I also just realized why the Water selection of Kalos is the way it is(as in, besides but including the new generation Pokémon). Since Dive and Waterfall are not in the game, most Water-types had to be either mixed or special oriented, as their most potent STAB has gotten axed and the ones remain have other alternatives in their movepools(save for few exceptions such as Poliwrath and Sharpedo, but most of the exceptions can take the Special oriented route, just not as well).

That's... the most backwards way to balance a game imaginable.

popshowit

How can we see which stat is reduces and which is increased? I am talking about natures.
Sorry if this has been said before i am kinda new here.

Tytus

Iron Islander
How can we see which stat is reduces and which is increased? I am talking about natures.
Sorry if this has been said before i am kinda new here.

Previously, the lowered stat is colored blue while the boosted is colored red. I BELIEVE this is still the case in XY.

Rakurai

There isn't.

Surprisingly little information has gone out about TMs and HMs.

Infestation, Power-up Punch, and Dazzling Gleam are the only new TMs mentioned so far, and it's now known that Waterfall isn't a HM (Which makes me hope we have a new physical Water move compensate).

Alli

There isn't.

Surprisingly little information has gone out about TMs and HMs.

Infestation, Power-up Punch, and Dazzling Gleam are the only new TMs mentioned so far, and it's now known that Waterfall isn't a HM (Which makes me hope we have a new physical Water move compensate).

Or maybe Waterfall will become a TM? Just like Rock Smash and Flash.

Rakurai

Considering that Rock Smash is a HM again, it would actually make a lot of sense if they simply made Waterfall take its place as a TM.

Considering that Rock Smash is a HM again, it would actually make a lot of sense if they simply made Waterfall take its place as a TM.

So Rock Smash is an HM again? Intereseting... So what will happen of I transfer a pokémon that knows Rock Smash as a TM to X and Y? Will it be unable to forget it without a Move Deleter because it is an HM in Gen VI?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
So Rock Smash is an HM again? Intereseting... So what will happen of I transfer a pokémon that knows Rock Smash as a TM to X and Y? Will it be unable to forget it without a Move Deleter because it is an HM in Gen VI?

chances are you can't transfer 'mons with HMs in the first place

Karlos Region

Kiss me Stunfisk!
About Sky Battles; Its said that Hawlucha cannot take part in sky battles; so it is confirmed that only FLYING types and LEVITATING pokemon can participate? Or any pokemon that is displayed Flying or floating... Cuz, Duxtox for intance, it can fly, it has wings, and it is displayed flying. in the other hand, Hawlucha is flying type, but is is displayed standing on its feets... so maybe this can be the real requirement to participate in Sky Battles? just be a floating 3D model...

Rakurai

I'm guessing Hawlucha just isn't capable of prolonged flight.

I recall some Pokemon that are shown to be flying in battle have been seen stand on the ground while they're being interacted with in Pokemon Amie.

Status
Not open for further replies.