• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shideravan

someone knows how many TMs and HMs are in XY?
Are TMs spendable or reutilizable, as in 5th generation

For those who have played the game already, I'm interested in knowing roughly how long it takes to get through the region. With 450 Pokemon split into three separate Pokedexes I imagine Kalos must be a really big region, and I remember one leaker saying after seven full hours of gameplay they only had one gym badge. That's something I'm a bit concerned about, so I'm keen to know how long the routes between each gym city are.

I've heard that there is a really big gap in between some badges, while no gap in between others. The second and third gym seem to have a big level gap in particular.

Leyniar

Don't know if this has been confirmed yet but I'm pretty sure seasons are gone. If the leakers haven't see them during the start of the game and when you go from a route to another, it's not there.

A sad thing, I love seasons and it's a logical addition after day/night.

Also, does anyone know if we can grow berries like in RSE?

shideravan

Don't know if this has been confirmed yet but I'm pretty sure seasons are gone. If the leakers haven't see them during the start of the game and when you go from a route to another, it's not there.

Better...
We'll have a berry farm :D

Regality

Digital King
Geomancy charges on turn one, then on turn two it Raises SpAtk, SpDef and Speed all by two stages.

Do we all know this, then?

Erchamion

Well since no one answered the other question... Can you at least obtain the ev-reducing berries ingame?

bloocookies

If I remember didn't they say something about choosing what battle music you want when battling on WiFi or with a friend, if so I'm really happy for that!

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz

how can they tell? doesn't a season last for 1 month? surely we wont find out until later and if this is the case what happens to Deerling/Sawsbuck to change its form?

Blazios

If I remember didn't they say something about choosing what battle music you want when battling on WiFi or with a friend, if so I'm really happy for that!

I remember hearing something about that pre release but nobody seems to have played multiplayer yet.

bloocookies

I remember hearing something about that pre release but nobody seems to have played multiplayer yet.

Yeah that's where I got that from, I really hope that's the case, I get tired of listening to the trainer battle theme over and over again, and playing music from my phone isn't the same as the sound from the 3DS

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
Yeah that's where I got that from, I really hope that's the case, I get tired of listening to the trainer battle theme over and over again, and playing music from my phone isn't the same as the sound from the 3DS

it wont be a great selection lol just different battle music you hear through out the game

SoulSilver Eric

So I've heard/seen that Mega Charizard X can participate in Sky Battles, but since it doesn't know levitate it seemingly is succeptible to ground moves. I was wondering what would happen if a flying pokemon who knows ground moves were to use a ground move against Mega Charizard X.

Would the Ground move hit?
Are ground moves even aloud in Sky Battles?

I'm starting to think that we could see a change this gen when it comes to pokemon who can fly. My Theory is that Pokemon who can fly, are pretty much exempt from ground moves just like Ghost pokemon are exempt from taking damage from normal and fighting moves. I'm very curious to see how all this plays out.

Rakurai

Certain moves are known to simply not work in sky battles.

I'd assume that includes all ground based moves.

I think Deerling/Sawsbuck will change form with the IRL seasons now.

Leyniar

how can they tell? doesn't a season last for 1 month? surely we wont find out until later and if this is the case what happens to Deerling/Sawsbuck to change its form?

Well, like in BWBW2, before seeing your character the screen states which season you're on. If they haven't seem that screen, then seasons are probably out. Also, the seasons would show up when you cross routes, like in BWBW2.

Colton S

Beware Bewear
Well, like in BWBW2, before seeing your character the screen states which season you're on. If they haven't seem that screen, then seasons are probably out. Also, the seasons would show up when you cross routes, like in BWBW2.
Seasons felt messed up for me because it was Winter when it was Spring. If seasons came back, they need to tweak the system to make it feel like you're actually in that season.

Status
Not open for further replies.