1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazios

Blazios Well-Known Member

From what I remember, you could do as much Super Training past the EV cap to give the Pokémon the equivalent of max IVs in each stat and nothing more. Something we were all obviously sceptical about to begin with.

I would have liked HP to keep 70 power, though I suppose Technician users get a niche now without having to sacrifice IVs.

2. Odious

Odious あなたは馬鹿

To me not really but I question how many of these Pokemon needed megas so clearly Gamefreak has some odd mindset about what to nerf and what to buff...

3. Shraeder

Shraeder It's Lit

Are Power-Up-Punch and Glow Punch the same attack?

4. bentleyaaronj

bentleyaaronj Well-Known Member

I don't know what Glow Punch is, but Power Punch does damage and raises the users Attack.

5. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

Yes, they're the english & japanese names

6. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

They are? Wow.. Well.. It's a decent move regardless.. A physical Charge Beam one could say.

7. pika250

pika250 Well-Known Member

If no one posted this already, Viola gives away TM83: Infestation to the Trainers who are successful in defeating her in a Gym battle at Santalune Gym. It's essentially a Bug-type equivalent of the likes of Fire Spin or Whirlpool, where a target is trapped and takes damage each turn until the trapping move is over. (When I watched the early gameplay video, it was down to her Vivillon vs. her challenger's Pidgey after Pidgey defeated her lead-off Surskit. Vivillon's Infestations damaged Pidgey over and over, but not enough to exhaust the challenger's Potion supply. And attention Fire-type users, be wary that Surskit carries Water Sport.)

8. -Nator-

-Nator- Psyperiority

Use spoiler tags next time, please.

9. Bundalings

Bundalings Sassy Breeder

I've heard there's a new weather type, something electrical, I think. Is that true, and if so, what are its effects? Do we know for sure?

10. -Nator-

-Nator- Psyperiority

The move is called Magnetic Field, and all we know so far is that it powers up Electric type moves.

11. Shraeder

Shraeder It's Lit

All these new moves are so interesting. I can't wait to see which Pokemon learn what.

12. -Nator-

-Nator- Psyperiority

I really should've pre-ordered the strategy guide for the sake of all the new moves/abilities/Megas etc. Anybody know how much they are anymore? Hopefully no more than $20?

13. Takaru

Takaru Werk, Werk, Werk

So basically every Pokemon can have its max stats due to super training?

14. noakai

noakai Well-Known Member

I dunno what country you're in but I'm in the US and it's like $13 on Amazon. But it doesn't release here until October 22, and by then I imagine all of that will have been figured out by players anyhow.

15. Alli

Alli Well-Known Member

With the Hidden Power nerf, Fire Blast, Thunder and Blizzard nerf and the weather nerf, it looks like a tough generation for special attackers…

I was planning on using a drought team with charizard, a rain team with politoed, a sandstorm team with tyranitar and a hail team with abomasnow, but that's not happening now.

16. Crimson_Blazer

Crimson_Blazer Well-Known Member

Say what now? What did they nerf? Power? Accuracy? Status chance?

17. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

Hidden Power's fixed power is really only a nerf in, like, simulator play.
    Otherwise you needed specific IV manipulation to get that 70 BP hidden power of the type you wanted which is just awwwwfffulllllll anywhere outside a sim

18. Alli

Alli Well-Known Member

Hidden Power is now always 60 BP, Fire Blast, Thunder and Blizzard keeps their respective Accuracy, but their base power is now 110. Weather inducing abilities like Drought, Sand Stream, etc. now only makes the weather like Sunny Day, Sandstorm, etc. would, meaning that the weather only last for five turns…

19. LauKungPow

LauKungPow The One and Only

I'm not sure if this goes here, but was there any news of StreetPass or SpotPass features?

20. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

I don't really understand why they felt special attacks needed a nerf when as far as I'm aware, the majority of the popular Pokemon were physical attackers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.