• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterofknees

Hidden Power is now always 60 BP, Fire Blast, Thunder and Blizzard keeps their respective Accuracy, but their base power is now 110. Weather inducing abilities like Drought, Sand Stream, etc. now only makes the weather like Sunny Day, Sandstorm, etc. would, meaning that the weather only last for five turns…

Why the Fire Blast, Thunder and Blizzard nerfs? Now there's absolutely no reason to use them over Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam. The risk isn't worth the reward anymore. The HP and weather nerfs are pretty lame too, but I'm kind of glad that the weather teams won't dominate as much anymore.

Rakurai

So Greninja's Mat Block apparently is the opposite of Crafty Shield, and blocks all damaging moves, but not status moves.

Sounds like it'll be a real asset on doubles/triples teams.

This is yet another example of a move that probably won't make any sense to most US players though. Pretty sure the Japanese name is going to be "Tatami gaeshi", which is a ninja technique that involves flipping up tatami mats around oneself for protection (Usually from arrows or shuriken). Wonder if they'll let Ninjask and Accelgor use it, too.

Last edited:
We all know that the EXP-Share gives the pokémon which fights 100% EXP, while the other ones get 50% EXP.
So my question is, would it be clever to ALWAYS use the EXP-Share? It has no negative side, right?

I mean, what's the point of NOT using the EXP-Share?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
You know, one of the people who said that weather got nerfed who nobody believed also said that Stealth Rock got nerfed as well, right?

It has been calculated that it stays the same, at least for now.

So, has anybody mentioned this NPC comment regarding Hidden Abilities?

Edit:
We all know that the EXP-Share gives the pokémon which fights 100% EXP, while the other ones get 50% EXP.
So my question is, would it be clever to ALWAYS use the EXP-Share? It has no negative side, right?

I mean, what's the point of NOT using the EXP-Share?
It can screw up EV training if EV is shared like it was previously. That's literally it.

Erchamion

From what I remember, you could do as much Super Training past the EV cap to give the Pokémon the equivalent of max IVs in each stat and nothing more. Something we were all obviously sceptical about to begin with.

I would have liked HP to keep 70 power, though I suppose Technician users get a niche now without having to sacrifice IVs.

Wow that would be awesome! anymore details about the super training like is there any truth to the rumoured ev-reducing feature?

Also begin to feel like a broken record here here...

Lugar

So basically every Pokemon can have its max stats due to super training?

Can anyone explain to me in details what super training actually does?I thought it only gave EVs without fighting/grinding though i would love to max Pokemon's IVs especially legendary pokemons because it's such a pain in the *** to catch them over and over.

Jaxero

Guys, does anybody know how the Mega-Evolution system will work? I mean, the Mega-Evolution won't last forever as I could had seen on the anime...

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Guys, does anybody know how the Mega-Evolution system will work? I mean, the Mega-Evolution won't last forever as I could had seen on the anime...

You press a button when you have a Pokémon holding a Mega Stone.

Once the battle ends, it reverts back.

Erchamion

Can anyone explain to me in details what super training actually does?I thought it only gave EVs without fighting/grinding though i would love to max Pokemon's IVs especially legendary pokemons because it's such a pain in the *** to catch them over and over.

Yeah it would be so awesome if this were true no more Iv-breeding ^^...I've been asking about the details of super training for days now but no one seems to know/care at all....

Raro

Any ideas about what type of fighters each of the starters will be? Mainly Chespin?

What nature should I aim at getting - not too concerned with IVs, just don't want to disable him in any way.

Rakurai

Chespin specializes in defense, HP, and attack in that order.

Froakie specializes in speed, special attack, and attack in that order.

Fennekin specializes in special attack, special defense, and speed almost equally.

Use a nature that boosts one of their strong points and you should be good.

Hasty

Moonside
I saw a picture (from Josh I think) where he was in the PokemonCenter and looked what you can do in the ClothingShop (or whatever it is called)...

There was something like "Skin treatments" (Idk for sure) listed... What is that for? Can we have different skin tones other than the 3 you pick at the beginning? (I think it's unfair that there is the palest white skin ever but not something dark-brown/blackish)

Erchamion

Can anyone confirm that Iv are maximized in wifi battles (though probably just a rumour)

Status
Not open for further replies.