• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Discuss and speculate about the GAMEPLAY FEATURES in Pokemon X & Y. This includes gameplay mechanics, new features, attacks, items, music and etc when they are revealed.

All posts, speculation or not, should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I'm heavily anticipating what new non-battling side-quest feature will be present. After Pokestar Studios, I'm expecting something big and unique which has a long replayability value.

Blazios

So... why are people still complaining about it being on the 3DS?

By the time the games are out, the system will have been out for 2 and a half years, which incidentally is about the same amount of time that the DS was out before Diamond and Pearl were released. People weren't complaining about those not being on the GBA (as far as I remember).

I know the 3DS looks similar to the DS, but it is a new console...

Sunglasses Krookodile

King Of The Kroks
I'm hoping features within the game include the ability to transfer old pokemon from past generations, say from black and white to x & y like how they did in black and white with the older games.

Something makes me think that this game might not have the feature, but it could since ds games can be played on a 3ds.

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
I really liked the new look, it reminds me of Colosseum a lot. But I wish they'd have an option to go back to normal graphics, I would like to be able to go back and forth with the graphics, but is probably not gonna happen.

StoneyPikachu

The Highest Trainer
I really liked the new look, it reminds me of Colosseum a lot. But I wish they'd have an option to go back to normal graphics, I would like to be able to go back and forth with the graphics, but is probably not gonna happen.

they HAVE to let you transfer pokemon. The reason the first gen couldnt transfer to second gen is because they got a completely new system, new cartridges and new mechanics. I doubt they will change the tried and true mechanics of now, and dissapoint countless fans by not letting you transfer. Not only that, the system has essentially stayed the same (still DS) and the game cartridges are pretty much excactly the same. I would definitely expect old pokemon to be transferable.

Unredemption

It'd be good if they'd introduce proper battle facilities again like Emerald's Battle Frontier (still the best so far IMO). Cramming a dozen features into a subway station and a tournament isn't nearly as exciting as having distinctly different buildings with unique battle styles, complete with gigantic island for exploration.

PokeStar Studios was definitely a refreshing side feature, it'll be interesting to see what Game Freak does from there. Musicals didn't really cut it for me as Contests did back in RSE.

yba_990

I really would like to see how they would showcase a missed attack during battle, hope doesn't just pop up a message saying that the attack was missed and rather show the pokemon dodging the attack in it's own distinct way.

Manene!

I wonder if the side-quest might involve fashion somehow? With the speculation that you can customize your character, and Paris being a big place for fashion, I could see them doing something like Pokemon Fashion Shows or something?

Kyris

One thing I want to see in this game, usage of the 3DS's cameras. I was hoping for something like that in black/white, but seeing as those are DS games and only the DSI and 3ds have cameras I see why it wasn't included as a game mechanic(Not including the 3DS dream radar).

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Based on the trailer i would assume that we would be having a Ghost/Dark, Bug and a Fire gym in this region

That tree with rope swings could be a Grass gym.

I wonder if the side-quest might involve fashion somehow? With the speculation that you can customize your character, and Paris being a big place for fashion, I could see them doing something like Pokemon Fashion Shows or something?

A Fashion Contest would be interesting to have rather than a musical. There are props to begin with. They just need to implement it in a different way.

Ditto B1tch

Upon watching the trailer video I simply LOVED the graphic. Humans/scenarios seem so realisc! Fantastic!

3D graphics are a huge step up, but anyone disappointed that it still looks as if the overworld is grid-based?

Musicals were so superfluous. Contests and the Battle Frontier were great, which is why Emerald is still one of my favourite games.

Flame Mistress

3D graphics are a huge step up, but anyone disappointed that it still looks as if the overworld is grid-based?

Musicals were so superfluous. Contests and the Battle Frontier were great, which is why Emerald is still one of my favourite games.

Kind of, yeah. It's not quite as free as I would've liked it to be.

As long as any form of Contests are (re)introduced, I'll be happy. I've only experienced the DPPt ones, so the RSE ones would be a nice challenge for me, too.

Mokepon22

Anyone else thinking we'll be getting back the C-Gear or at least something similar? The C-Gear was the best, due to it being customizable with backgrounds and such and then we also needed it for Infrared, Wireless communication & Game Sync(DW)

I don't believe they'll get rid of the DW for a new gen...they'll probably just upgrade it, new mini games, Pokemon, etc

Flame Mistress

Anyone else thinking we'll be getting back the C-Gear or at least something similar? The C-Gear was the best, due to it being customizable with backgrounds and such and then we also needed it for Infrared, Wireless communication & Game Sync(DW)

I don't believe they'll get rid of the DW for a new gen...they'll probably just upgrade it, new mini games, Pokemon, etc

I personally want the Poketch back, even if that was a DPPt exclusive, what with introducing the concept of touch screens and all. I hope something similar is present here, too.

On another note, so... no Pokemon following you... again. ;_;

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I have a feeling X and Y will be doing something big. Odds are that they didn't just hype the hell out of these games just because "OMG 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!". There's probably going to be doing something way more revolutionary with these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.