• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
Lol speaking of skating up cliffs...I wonder if the ledges will be back

The same ones that you could jump over but not jump back over...with a fully 3D environment I think they'll either remove em or make it so that we can jump over it both ways

I find it simpler to think of the ledges as little ramps made of dirt; you can hop over from one side, but it's too high on the other to hop back over. A fan-made 3D version of GSC brought this to my mind . . .

Flame Mistress

I find it simpler to think of the ledges as little ramps made of dirt; you can hop over from one side, but it's too high on the other to hop back over. A fan-made 3D version of GSC brought this to my mind . . .

That's a bit... contradictory, don't you think?

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I thought we saw ledges in the trailer anyway?

Cookies to the first person who can spot the ledge.

800px-XY_Prerelease_Route_3.jpg

Last edited:

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Isnt the ledge too big to slide from. I know I would break my leg from that ( granted if quite weak, but stil....)

The PCs always hop over the ledges with no problem. If anything, these are narrower than their previous incantations, probably to make the hopping animation easier to program in a 3D space so there isn't a massive amount of lag every time you cross a ledge.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I wonder how evolution will look like on this game :O Will the pokemon body fluidly transform in a sea of light like the series, or will we get the same kind of animations like we had in the past.

I think the body will glow blinding white then morph into the new evolution, then the glow fades revealing the new evolution. *cue fanfare*
So yeah, like the anime perhaps.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I wonder how evolution will look like on this game :O Will the pokemon body fluidly transform in a sea of light like the series, or will we get the same kind of animations like we had in the past.

I really hope its the body fluid thing, like in the anime. I always wanted that ! I dont like the bw thing.

Chomper4

Does anyone else think the web is part of a Bug type Gym?

I'd like to see more move combos in the games. Minimize/Stomp, Rain Dance/Thunder and Defense Curl/Rollout are too few in my opinion. For example, using Scald on a frozen Pokémon could trigger the 'fog' weather condition or using Acid or Smog during rain could cause a new weather condition called 'acid rain'.
EDIT: Also

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
What is "Real Play?" They mentioned that on a site. Never heard of the term. I thought multipalyer at first but why not just use the term multiplayer

confuser987

I can't wait to see how trainer battles begin. Like falling from the ceiling like in Gale of Darkness. lol. Perhaps trainers fall from the sky. I really do hope that battles begin when they have you in their gaze.

Hmm, what about backwards compatibility? I'm curious as to how they plan to code getting our Pokemon into the next generation with few problems as it's going to be more than a simple update in the coding.

Importing has allways been a hassle. Hopefully they will make something quicker like an all at once hot-swopping card transfer thing. they could do an enheratence thing or something.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
They way they said "new battle structure" worries me. I hope they don't redo everything like they did in Gen 3 and make us unable to transfer Pokemon from Gen 5.

Benedicere

They way they said "new battle structure" worries me. I hope they don't redo everything like they did in Gen 3 and make us unable to transfer Pokemon from Gen 5.

Where'd you hear that? A new battle structure could mean anything from the addition to a new type to double-type moves or, the most unlikely, to triple-type Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.