• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unredemption

BW2 had Black Tower and White Treehollow which allows you to earn EXP and cash, and can be challenged endlessly. I'd much prefer the VS Seeker though, it's more enjoyable to walk through routes to search for "qualified" trainers to battle, instead of walking through rooms that look exactly the same and fighting the same Pokemon repeatedly (like Curse Steelix).

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
correct me if im wrong, but, can't u battle npcs again in bw2 ? ( except in this you don't know when they r ready to battle, i think. )
Is this true? I never played Black or White 2. And since this is coming out in 10 months, I dont have to XD lol.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Is this true? I never played Black or White 2. And since this is coming out in 10 months, I dont have to XD lol.

O yeah ! now i remember, you can only remathc BREEDERS again in bw2 not anyone. They will rematch you whenever they see u and they r ready.
The first time this happened to me I thought it was a glitch since I had already battled a breeder and he wanted one more battle :p

Elementman-Novapoke

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to see other trainers use the starters? If every kid is supposed to get a starter aged 10, then why have we not seen this? Even if it's just a case of a few Youngsters on the earlier routes using Starter + Generic Rodent / Bird / Bug. However, they should be less of a challenge than the Rival, obviously. And perhaps if we are able to re-battle trainers, these Youngsters would have increasingly diverse and realistic teams?

In short: WHERE DO ALL THE STARTERS GO?!

EnragedSwalot

Hopefully they will make a smooth transition into 3D worlds. I hope it isn't buggy, because that's one fear. I know that Gamefreak is capable of this, but I'm worried. Otherwise, gameplay looks really great. Also, I like how battling looks too.

scorpio66

Which would you guys prefer in Gen 6 after the release of X and Y, to either have a third version (poss titled Z) or a direct sequel as Black and White had in Gen 5.
I'd personally like a direct sequel as I dont tend to buy the third version, I think some people may do but most who buy the third vrsion havent bought one of the other two versions in a generation so from a sales perspective as well as from a creative (in that the story can be further enhanced) I'd rather see a direct sequel again. Black 2 gave me a new chance to explore areas I hadnt bothered exploring in the first games and the new areas that were added/changes that they made to previous areas I found to be very fun to explore, as well as giving me another chance to play through the same generation but using different pokemon!

rocky505

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to see other trainers use the starters? If every kid is supposed to get a starter aged 10, then why have we not seen this? Even if it's just a case of a few Youngsters on the earlier routes using Starter + Generic Rodent / Bird / Bug. However, they should be less of a challenge than the Rival, obviously. And perhaps if we are able to re-battle trainers, these Youngsters would have increasingly diverse and realistic teams?

In short: WHERE DO ALL THE STARTERS GO?!
RBY/FRLG and GSC/HGSS I believe were the only games to do this weren't they? God BW used the monkeys instead and that was annoying.

scorpio66

You should still consider getting Black/white 2 then, its pretty good, a proper sequel (altho you play as diff characters) AND the new features are alot of fun, especially the poke studios, the join avenue and the world championship buildings. I enjoyed Black 2 alot more than the first game and theres ALOT more to do!

2 other games you might wanna check out are Pokemon Conquest on the ds, arguably one of the best spin off games to date and the new mystery dungeon game on the 3DS which looks graphically very good!

Hopefully they will make a smooth transition into 3D worlds. I hope it isn't buggy, because that's one fear. I know that Gamefreak is capable of this, but I'm worried. Otherwise, gameplay looks really great. Also, I like how battling looks too.

Yeh it looks good, my only concern is that I think the colours should be brighter, it looks a bit dull colour wise to me atm!

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
You should still consider getting Black/white 2 then, its pretty good, a proper sequel (altho you play as diff characters) AND the new features are alot of fun, especially the poke studios, the join avenue and the world championship buildings. I enjoyed Black 2 alot more than the first game and theres ALOT more to do!

2 other games you might wanna check out are Pokemon Conquest on the ds, arguably one of the best spin off games to date and the new mystery dungeon game on the 3DS which looks graphically very good!
Well I maybe will check it out, but can't say for sure. But I do have plans to get the new mystery dungeon game once I get a 3ds, which I am getting for Fire Emblem in April I hope, or this game in October.

rocky505

DPPt also had other trainers with starters.
They sure did. Flint had an infernape and Gardenia had a Turtwig and there were trainers with Piplup and some had the middle stages. I can understand how Flint had an Infernape anyway, DP hardly had fire types.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I do hope we get to see EVERY Pokemon in the dex.

I was disappointed in BW/BW2 where you can't even complete the regional dex even after battling every trainer in the region.
I wish this returns and make it a requirement in order to obtain the National Dex once again. If not, at least for the Medal Rally/Ribbons if these features return.

It's quite a good way to push players to explore the whole region in search of trainers.

codybriana

Has anyone else seen the news about "real play" in Pokemon X and Y?

"People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience 'Real Play'," a statement from the company's president Tsunekazu Ishihara revealed. "The game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world."

So like an area where other pokemon trainers are roaming around and we can battle and trade them?

rocky505

Has anyone else seen the news about "real play" in Pokemon X and Y?

"People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience 'Real Play'," a statement from the company's president Tsunekazu Ishihara revealed. "The game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world."

So like an area where other pokemon trainers are roaming around and we can battle and trade them?
That reminds me of the Wi-Fi Plaza for some reason.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Although I'm sure GF will do fine, it is a real possibility that there will be ore bugs or glitches than previous titles because the second you make that jump from 2D to 3D you complicate things in a way that makes them almost unavoidable.

codybriana

Yeah kinda, i imagine a day when you would be able to see other trainers around the world pop into your game, kind of like a 1 off MMO.

scorpio66

The one thing that has bugged me about the Global trade feature since its birth is that you have to have seen the pokemon before you can request them over global trade, this seems kinda dumb and annoying as it makes it virtually impossible nowadays to get all the pokemon on the national dex. I think they should make it so after completion you can request ANY pokemon to date. Also I think that due to the large volumes of pokemon that require an item to evolve there should also be an item global trade where you could trade evolutionary items, berrys or just general health or restoration items. Another feature I think that would be useful is the ability to request shinies, I mean you can request gender and level (which needs to be addressed due to idiots requesting impossible level legendaries), so why not shinies, it would also help people legitimately collect shiny pokemon without having to resort to cheat carts. Why not have a trade and trade back feature as well when trading, with simply one click of this button you could trade and trade back instantly, without fear of the person not trading back if you were trying to trade to evolve a pokemon.

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher
i hope we can unlock the challenge mode before we begin the game

Status
Not open for further replies.