• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

willda

Fire starter
Wait, are you saying that there's a hard mode in BW2?
I WAS NOT AWARE OF THIS!

Yes I haven't beaten Black2 (I like to enjoy the game nowdays instead of beating the main story in a week I even ev trained my In game team) but I am aware that once you beat the game you can give other gen V2 games the hard mode

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
It'd be cool if you could send the keys from BW2 to XY too, so you could unlock them in XY by beating the main game, OR transfer them from any BW2XY games.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The way Easy/Challenge Modes were implemented in BW2 was pure stupidity, from now on they should make them able from the beginning of the game.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
The way Easy/Challenge Modes were implemented in BW2 was pure stupidity, from now on they should make them able from the beginning of the game.

I don't even think anybody in the pokemon fandom opposes this idea.
DEATH TO THE KEYS!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Anyone else get the feeling that maybe the roller skates will have some other function besides the usual increase in speed? I mean, I highly doubt they came up with a new mode of transportation for nothing. I'm thinking maybe it'll be something like in 3rd gen where you'll have different vehicles for different purposes.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Anyone else get the feeling that maybe the roller skates will have some other function besides the usual increase in speed? I mean, I highly doubt they came up with a new mode of transportation for nothing. I'm thinking maybe it'll be something like in 3rd gen where you'll have different vehicles for different purposes.

All I can think of is something similar to that Mach Bike challenge on the cycling road off Mauville City. Maybe there's a challenge to skate down a slope or something without bumping into anything.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
I think there needs to be even more emphasis on Triple battles.
B2/W2 did much better at 'showcasing' triple battles then its predecessor B/W,
I would really like to see more triple battles in X/Y.

On side note: is it possible that triple battles where created because of Pokemon Battrio? Hence the name Bat-Trio????

fahademon

Lugia Master
Maybe you would have to enter some type of contest where you skate with your pokemon.Would be cool.
This.I feel.so.stupid.
I didn't even get the game yet I knew.I have no life.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

That depends on what the roller skates are replacing. If they're just replacing the running shoes then I don't expect them to do anything special. If they're replacing the bike, then they'd be what's used to go up steep slopes and such if those make a return. Typically though, the quicker modes of transport are just that, a way to go faster.

On side note: is it possible that triple battles where created because of Pokemon Battrio? Hence the name Bat-Trio????

I'd imagine that GameFreak had already come up with and started implementing Triple Battles before Battrio was released.

scorpio66

I totally agree, I mean whos going to want to restart their whole game, loosing all their pokemon and saved data just to get the full benefit of the challenge mode, its ludicrous. Having a challenge mode you can select from the beginning would be much better! Sadly because of the ways its implemented in Black 2 I doubt I'll ever make any use of it!

lol I for one would love to see skateboards added as an alternative to bikes! :)

I think there needs to be even more emphasis on Triple battles.
B2/W2 did much better at 'showcasing' triple battles then its predecessor B/W,
I would really like to see more triple battles in X/Y.

I agree I want to see more tripple, double and my personal fav rotation battles in the gen 6 games. I've also always felt that the gym leaders should incorporate these battle styles instead of simply being single battles!

From the trailer it seems like you wont be able to have your pokemon walk around with you, I dont see why they add this feature to a few of the games and then remove it for others when it was a much loved feature!

fahademon

Lugia Master
Who else is thinking they'll replace bikes with a scooter or something?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
You know what would be really cool (in my opinion)? The implementation of rules like Item clause and Legendary Pokemon usage into Random Matchups. Say I want a battle with these rules:

Legendary Pokemon: Allowed
Item Clause: Off
Sleep Clause: On

Then I would be paired up with another player who set the same rules as me.

fahademon

Lugia Master
You know what would be really cool (in my opinion)? The implementation of rules like Item clause and Legendary Pokemon usage into Random Matchups. Say I want a battle with these rules:

I'd love to have this really.Battling anyone however I want.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
I'd love for something like a Light-Type, which is strong and weak against Dark-Types as you said.

Fighting types are light types. They stand for honour and pure auras as a counterpart to the aku (evil) type, which uses trickery in battle and bad auras. There will never be a 'light' type.

@your boss - I don't know much about the rules, but aren't legendaries already allowed in random matchup? I battled some noob douche just yesterday who used a Moltres and a Heatran. My Alakazam blasted the daylights out of him, btw, but I still thought it was poor sportsmanship to bring in not one but two legendaries to random matchup.

Last edited:

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
If you think about it, if they keep showing us the trainers throwing Pokeballs every time we release or switch to a different Pokemon, that would make the battles longer.
Many people get annoyed with long battles...
Well maybe not when we switch, but maybe when the battle first starts. And I don't mind long battles, I like them. So I say bring it on! :p

Super Llama

Aussie Poké Trainer

I'd be satisfied enough to simply battle my friends with these rules. If either of us want to use legendary Pokémon, we have to grind our entire teams to level 100 pretty much just for the match to have some sort of balance.

@your boss - I don't know much about the rules, but aren't legendaries already allowed in random matchup? I battled some noob douche just yesterday who used a Moltres and a Heatran.
The legendary Pokémon banlist is more focused on the uber metagame tier, which mainly consists of mascot legendaries such as Dialga/Palkia etc whom are programmed to be substantially stronger than most other Pokémon. Moltres and Heatran aren't powerful enough to be considered part of this uber tier, so they aren't banned. Also, Moltres is horrible in meta iirc..

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Who else is thinking they'll replace bikes with a scooter or something?

I would like something different than a bike, but I'm already fine with the skates they added.

Although I don't think they'll replace the bike. France, and Europe in general are more bicycle-oriented.
Europe even has its own utility bike designed for everyday use.

Also, if you look at the history of bikes, you can trace it back to Mannheim, Germany and Paris, France. Don't forget "Tour de France" too.

Seeing that this region is based on France, one can say that bicycles may have great significance in this game.

fahademon

Lugia Master
Well,than at least the bike should go fast.Who knows,MC might be the son of an athlete?XD
And a skateboard instead of a bike could be nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.