• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Doesn't the protagonist say something like once in every game? Like in Dragonspiral Tower he says "That was loud!" or something like that when he's about to go up the first stairs.

I really don't want the characters to "talk". I wouldn't mind if we got some questions that went beyond yes or no like,
"How's the weather?"
Option 1: Okay
Option 2: I hate rain.
Option 3: I love rain!

But if they were to have dialogue which I had no control over, it would make me so mad. The character is supposed to represent me, and I don't want my character to be forced into a personality.

MonfernoFreak

~Monferno is boss~
I really don't want the characters to "talk". I wouldn't mind if we got some questions that went beyond yes or no like,
"How's the weather?"

But if they were to have dialogue which I had no control over, it would make me so mad. The character is supposed to represent me, and I don't want my character to be forced into a personality.

Exactly. Who needs talking? And I definitely like questions for answers in this game.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Who says this is the narrator!
If it was the character, there would be a balloon pointing at him/her.

Probably because they're thinking it to themselves.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
"How's the weather?"

I agree, it would kind of - quite frankly - "puffle my jiggles"
I mean if the character were to say anything (which I would prefer them not say anything at all)
It better be whatever *I* really want to say. Gives us options at the most, and if not; well don't add dialogue.

On a side not; Today I taught my roserade sunny day, and then it hit me!
What if gen 6 allowed to controlle the weather ourselves? I mean we already can induce Sunny, or Rainy conditions in battle so why not in the overworld? I imagine it would work the way Sweet Scent does out of battle. If its rainy and you want it to be Sunny, Sandy, or Icey, just use sunny day to make the area sunny. Again just a thought.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
On a side not; Today I taught my roserade sunny day, and then it hit me!
What if gen 6 allowed to controlle the weather ourselves? I mean we already can induce Sunny, or Rainy conditions in battle so why not in the overworld? I imagine it would work the way Sweet Scent does out of battle. If its rainy and you want it to be Sunny, Sandy, or Icey, just use sunny day to make the area sunny. Again just a thought.

Interesting thought...
But since these moves have a major effect in weather... these 4 will be all HMs.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
I would love if Sunny Day, Rain Dance, and Hail all actually got out-of-battle abilities. I mean it could give you access to special areas that are only obtainable through droughts/floods/snow drifts. In my opinion, that would be the best thing ever, finally give some use to Castform!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'd love to see weather affect the areas like seasons (which is something I've suggested about 5 times now), but IDK if it's necessarily something you should be able to control with HMs. Maybe instead it should just follow a weekly pattern or something.

Xadium

Poliwhirl Enthusiast
It would be pretty neat to be able to control the weather. Maybe there could be secret areas that only open in certain weather conditions? For example, there could be a door at the bottom of a basin, and using Sunny Day makes the water evaporate? Just a thought...

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Unless it's just to get to optional areas. Sort of like Winter of Fall allows in B/W.

On second thought, I don't think they'll do it...

Imagine calling up a sandstorm during Winter...
In battle it is fine, but on the overworld... you would have to mess with the map's environment...

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
"How's the weather?"

Using the mic for wifi would be nice.
I'd love to see weather affect the areas like seasons (which is something I've suggested about 5 times now), but IDK if it's necessarily something you should be able to control with HMs. Maybe instead it should just follow a weekly pattern or something.
That would be sweet, and am I the only one who wants a snow weather move (it would work like rain and sun, boosting moves, not giving damage)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

In battle it is fine, but on the overworld... you would have to mess with the map's environment...

Yeah, if it was ever done it would have to be context sensitive. If it was Winter, for example, only Sunny Day would do anything and it would just melt the snow. I am in no way holding my breath for such a feature though.

dewkage

Fox fire
i would love to see a dark gym the only type that does not have a gym.

also i would to be able to interact with my Pokemon more. in heart gold&soul silver the first Pokemon followed you, but i would like something that allowed the pokemon to have more personality
but i love the 3d gameplay i have been wanting this since Gale of darkness

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)

They could make it selective. Like if you try using sandstorm in Winter it would come, <Prof> : <player> ! there is a time and place for everything, but, not now !

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
They could make it selective. Like if you try using sandstorm in Winter it would come, <Prof> : <player> ! there is a time and place for everything, but, not now !

that again?!

scorpio66

Game Freak need to MAJORLY restructure the online aspect, online play against strangers is no longer fun, its virtually impossible to win now and everyone Ive battled against uses the same 10 pokemon, when theres like 700 now it seems a bit crappy that there are 'tiers' and that unless you use top 'tier' pokemon you cant stand a chance of winning, surely using strategy you should be able to win with even the lowest 'tier' pokemon using its abilities, type, moveset etc to your advantage. I feel that IV's and EV's now play a much too important role in competitive battling, I even spent days maxing out my ev's only to still be beat in one move without even being able to get a single move off, it seems to me that basically theres too many people with uber powered pokemon (probably hacked) with uber speed that basically move first and feint you before you can even do a single move, therefore making the whole 'battle' a rather futile affair. In Gen 1 battling was fun and it could go either way, it was more about using type and the moveset of a pokemon to your advantage, now it seems that pokemon has become all about number crunching and stats and its really dragging the fun out of this amazing series, or atleast it is for myself!

AdmiralSkye

Something I'm really hoping they do in this gen is balancing. I heard the 3DS can patch games, so I hope GameFreak decides to buff up some of the lower tier Pokemon so they can make tiers disappear. They have shown small balance changes throughout the games, like abilities and hidden abilites, buffs and nerf to certain moves, and stat changes with new forms, like Rotom who got buffed with it's new forms. Maybe they were too scared to to mess with the Pokemon's base stat because there is no patching. They can now try to make tiers non-existent by patching the game every month or so.

Or maybe I'm being to optimistic in hoping I can battle online with my favorite Pokemon without worrying that they are too weak compared to the average Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.