• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackarcanine123

I just had the best idea ever. Hunting pokemon. I love hunting on runescape. It would be an awesome side thing. But then again that will give peta something to cry about. It doesn't even have to be hunting pokemon it could be like general animals.

comic321

Battle Stratigest
I got an idea. Instead of dlc, why not use the 3ds play coinc to buy extra content in-game?

comic321

Battle Stratigest
Maybe they'll use both, plus wy would nintendo lose out on tons of money for something you can get for free. Nintendo isn't that

nice...

I geuss you're right. I just hope we get some cool post game stuff.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't have access to wifi, my ISP uses an ethernet connection and it's too expensive to upgrade to wireless. Neither I nor my roommate make enough money to afford to upgrade, especially after our bills.

Edit@^: The nearest McDonald's is 20+ miles away from me, and I can't drive. We don't all live in big cities within walking distance to downtown, some of us choose to live in small towns far from the city.

Then buy a wireless router from your nearest electronics retailer for 30 bucks and you're set. Why would you think you'd have to go through your ISP and use one of their shitty pieces of hardware?

Quite frankly, Game Freak is not going to make the decision to forego Wi Fi events or DLC because there are three people in the world who bought the game and have no internet access.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
At this point there isn't a single person in the world without access to WiFi.

Um...precisely....I'm pretty sure if there is anybody who doesn't have wifi access, its because they re 7yo and there parents don't allow them to use the Wifi....so yeah...

Wow. Y'all are ignorant jerks. You really can't imagine a scenario where not every single human being in the world is privileged enough to have wireless internet on demand? I don't even have anything to add to that. It speaks for itself.

I don't have access to wifi, my ISP uses an ethernet connection and it's too expensive to upgrade to wireless. Neither I nor my roommate make enough money to afford to upgrade, especially after our bills.

The nearest McDonald's is 20+ miles away from me, and I can't drive. We don't all live in big cities within walking distance to downtown, some of us choose to live in small towns far from the city.

As someone who recently upgraded ISPs only to find out my Nintendo Wifi USB Connector didn't work anymore, and has had hell trying to tweak my current service to WEP instead of WPA so my goddamn DS can actually function on wifi, mostly because neither Nintendo nor Orange (yeah I'm gonna name and shame them) give a crap about customer service and keep passing the buck to each other, I can really sympathise.

I'm not arguing against small amounts of DLC - I pretty much expect it, given Nintendo's fondness for wifi event legendaries and such. But to make massive parts of the postgame dlc only? No, I can't agree with that. If I buy the game I expect to be able to unlock and enjoy all of it, and I should not need an internet connection to do so.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
What may work for other games, may not work all to well for Pokemon. Sure it would be nice to have DLC, but the kinda style the pokemon series is (and how Gamefreak seems to operate) doesn't allow much room for it. Just because of new hardware/software they are not gonna limit players by cutting off areas without DLC. Sure, event items that open areas are one thing; at most you will miss is a extra legendary pokemon. With DLC one could be missing out on entire sections of the game. Besides, if Gamefreak are going to include a feature in the game, they will just add it or save it for later.

You don't really understand the concept of DLC, do you? DLC is bonus content that isn't in the game until downloading, you aren't missing anything technically. Everything that was meant to be in the game would be in from Day 1, DLC would just be an add on to extend the game's life.

Read my edit, it further explains my predicament.

I COULD get to those types of places, if I made a day trip to the city for it. However, with the schedules of those who'd have to drive me there, it'd be virtually impossible to get to a wifi access point in time for such events, unless they stayed active for more than a month.

DLC is usually up forever, so that might not be an issue.

Maybe they'll use both, plus wy would nintendo lose out on tons of money for something you can get for free. Nintendo isn't that

nice...

Nintendo doesn't make the games, Game Freak does. And IIRC, Masuda is against the concept of paid DLC, so they wouldn't do that.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Nintendo doesn't make the games, Game Freak does. And IIRC, Masuda is against the concept of paid DLC, so they wouldn't do that.

The DLC for Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity is paid DLC and Pokemon Dream Radar is pretty close to being DLC for the BW2 games since the purpose is to transfer pokemon and items to the main games. At least it was cheap to purchase.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The DLC for Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity is paid DLC and Pokemon Dream Radar is pretty close to being DLC for the BW2 games since the purpose is to transfer pokemon and items to the main games. At least it was cheap to purchase.

Mystery Dungeon isn't made by Game Freak and Dream Radar is an app, not DLC.

Anyway, you guys seem to be missing the point of DLC. DLC is designed to enhance an already complete game with extra content, and usually long after its release date to extend the game's lifespan. DLC support does not inherently detract from the game's replay value, that's up to the developer, and Game Freak doesn't strike me as the kind of company that would be sleazy enough to go for Day 1 DLC of the kind of magnitude I was suggesting.

Last edited:

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Mystery Dungeon isn't made by Game Freak and Dream Radar is an app, not DLC.

It's not made by Game Freak? Oh that does make a difference, though I would still fully expect some form of DLC. Dream Radar is an app yes, but it is extremely similar to paid DLC which is not possible yet for the current main games.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
And you're someone who doesn't understand gross exaggeration.

The internet doesn't come with an exaggeration font. You and a couple of others were literally stating that everyone in the world has wifi by now, so please expect to be replied to accordingly.

R_N

It's not made by Game Freak? Oh that does make a difference, though I would still fully expect some form of DLC. Dream Radar is an app yes, but it is extremely similar to paid DLC which is not possible yet for the current main games.

I suspect they'll stick to their new MO: Attaching passcodes/pokemon to real life merchandise

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
The internet doesn't come with an exaggeration font. You and a couple of others were literally stating that everyone in the world has wifi by now, so please expect to be replied to accordingly.

Come on now, no one is stupid enough to actually believe that everyone in the world has internet access. I'm not even cynical enough to think there could be a person with such a belief.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Come on now, no one is stupid enough to actually believe that everyone in the world has internet access. I'm not even cynical enough to think there could be a person with such a belief.

Hell I can't play online in B2W2, but my 3DS Internet works fine strangely.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Could be an encryption issue. Being DSi enhanced cartridges both B/W and B/W2 are supposed to work with all WEP and WPA as long as you use a DSi or 3DS, but with networking anything can go wrong. I'd start with removing any encryption from your router, see if that works, then try some different encryption types.

willda

Fire starter

I know your pain. I can use 3ds wifi fine but not on BW2. I hope they overhaul the Iv system because Iv breeding is beyond tedious. Maybe have an Iv guy who you can talk to once a day and say something like, I want a pokemon with a high/low stat in speed, attack etc. Or something to force hidden power types. I remember there was something similar to the Hidden power thing in one of the old dragon quest games where you could force certain stat outcomes at a price, something like that would be nice.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I know your pain. I can use 3ds wifi fine but not on BW2. I hope they overhaul the Iv system because Iv breeding is beyond tedious. Maybe have an Iv guy who you can talk to once a day and say something like, I want a pokemon with a high/low stat in speed, attack etc. Or something to force hidden power types. I remember there was something similar to the Hidden power thing in one of the old dragon quest games where you could force certain stat outcomes at a price, something like that would be nice.

They're not going to do that, Game Freak doesn't care about the competitive scene or people who spend days breeding for a specific IV spread. It's honestly a wonder they've actually sort of mentioned the things in game.

willda

Fire starter
They're not going to do that, Game Freak doesn't care about the competitive scene or people who spend days breeding for a specific IV spread. It's honestly a wonder they've actually sort of mentioned the things in game.

well never-mind then.

Bramblefire

Aura Guardian
You don't really understand the concept of DLC, do you? DLC is bonus content that isn't in the game until downloading, you aren't missing anything technically. Everything that was meant to be in the game would be in from Day 1, DLC would just be an add on to extend the game's life.

I fully understand what DLC is thank you. In general, there are two ways DLC can be handled. The most common one that I find, which is the one you described, where the addition is installed directly upon receiving/purchasing the DLC. A second way would be that DLC acts like a key to unlock features already in the game (be it from the beginning, or added in an update to whatever game).

Either way, I'm not dismissing the possibility entirely, just that I don't find it likely that Gamefreak would make DLC to add features such as a battle frontier like area/musical/pokethon/whatever into the game. DLC that gives you access to areas with legendaries or rare pokemon sure, but not new features that all could have enjoyed from the beginning.

Would I enjoy full-fledged DLC? Absolutely. Its just, at this moment in time, I don't find it likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.