• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I think that if they do put in a laptop, it'd be a weaker PC. As in it doesn't heal Pokemon you put in for a certain amount of time. Instead of instant healing, it takes say, 30 minutes for 100 HP.
That way you can switch Pokemon without instant healing. The laptop should be taken away when you are in a gym or E4, or unable to connect in places where there are legendary Pokemon.

Opinions?
my opinion is i think i've said this twice now -_-

Draqunity

No, you haven't. You've said it won't auto-heal. You never mentioned slow healing. -_-

Anyways, a laptop would probably be not implemented, as Pokemon Centers do that already, and why fix something that isn't broken?

Yveltal96

A little more human
if there was slow healing i could just save turn off and drink some lemonade while my pokemon heal in the elite four
if they were to do this idea i think the possibility of healing in the PC would be cut out all together because there is a pokemon center for that

confuser987

Hey, maybe in gen VI, moves like thunder and gust can hit two pokemon if one of used sky drop on another pokemon.

How would Sky Drop look like animated? It would be funny of a bird carrying a Wailord.

How about Wailord using Heavy Slam on Skitty or Iron Tail Alakazam? Prolly it will look like the same as previous gamecube/wii game.
'
what sextuplets are you referring to i cannot think of what you're talking about

From Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness

Last edited:

Espeon POWER!

Coral Eye Trainer
We had 3 Pure Grass starters.
We had 3 Pure Water Starters.

Why is Fire/Fighting such a big issue besides its over usage.
Well the pure grass and water starters weren't all in a row so it gives us a break at least but they're also natural so it doesn't matter as much compared to combination types which bring extra and new stuff to the starter. Basically it's the fact that the first type is what the starters are supposed to be anyway, so for the pures it's more of a "oh it would have been nice if they had a second type but it doesn't matter too much because that's their type anyway" compared to ones which do get a second type which is an addition and more of a bonus to add variation which when that becomes repeatedly used it's more like "this isn't adding variation any more and it's getting way too annoying".

Last edited:

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
it would be cool if moves like iron tail looked similar to how pikachu uses it in the anime

That would be neat....though I can't see this happening anytime soon....
Maybe gen 9? Just enough time for them to perfect 3-d models.

Yveltal96

A little more human
That would be neat....though I can't see this happening anytime soon....
Maybe gen 9? Just enough time for them to perfect 3-d models.
i think that their battle animation is already pretty clean i think they could pull it off if not this gen gen VIII would be the latest

BBtheASH

i think that their battle animation is already pretty clean i think they could pull it off if not this gen gen VIII would be the latest

Seems reasonable. The only reason why I said a later gen was because I figure it would take a lot of the games memory to individualize
Attack animtions for every pokemon. More then just 8 gigs of memory. But id hope it'd be this way for this way for 7th gen.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Seems reasonable. The only reason why I said a later gen was because I figure it would take a lot of the games memory to individualize
Attack animtions for every pokemon. More then just 8 gigs of memory. But id hope it'd be this way for this way for 7th gen.

agreed the day attack animations become individualized for pokemon i will be bouncing up and down in excitement

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'd like it if a voice in the PokéDex said the name for the Pokémon. Though, maybe with a new voice instead of the Dex Pro one~

I'd like to see this, if only so we can have a definitive source for how the Pokemon names are pronounced. Although I do think the people who come up with the names now need to a crash course in English etymology first, some of the pronunciations they've come up with lately are just nonsensical (Cobalion pronounced as Co-BAY-lee-on, Virizion pronunced as Vi-RI-zi-on, etc.)

I feel like although it won't be the villain team, the sextaplets are coming back lol.

The Hexagon Brothers from XD? They're hilarious and all but I don't see them coming back unless the plot is related to Colosseum/XD. And the odds of that are quite slim.

patriko

The Foresaken
I'd like to see this, if only so we can have a definitive source for how the Pokemon names are pronounced. Although I do think the people who come up with the names now need to a crash course in English etymology first, some of the pronunciations they've come up with lately are just nonsensical (Cobalion pronounced as Co-BAY-lee-on, Virizion pronunced as Vi-RI-zi-on, etc.)

The Hexagon Brothers from XD? They're hilarious and all but I don't see them coming back unless the plot is related to Colosseum/XD. And the odds of that are quite slim.

I dont see them coming back in this game, but i would love to see them come back in a pokemon gale of darkness 2 spinoff game for like Nintendo wii /wii u.

patriko

The Foresaken
Lastnight, around midnight, people said that Nintendo didn't have enough "technology" to make pokemon follow you yet becuase of the 3D world, and with wailord and such. Well do remember, they are also useing 3D technology on New Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game, And They also have the 3D Pokedex, and 3D Pokedex Pro; So they do indeed have the Technology to make it so that pokemon could follow you in this gen.

Lastnight, around midnight, people said that Nintendo didn't have enough "technology" to make pokemon follow you yet becuase of the 3D world, and with wailord and such. Well do remember, they are also useing 3D technology on New Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game, And They also have the 3D Pokedex, and 3D Pokedex Pro; So they do indeed have the Technology to make it so that pokemon could follow you in this gen.

But, by the trailers, it seems like they can't follow you. Or you have the option to return them. I'm thinking it's the former. :/

BBtheASH

I'm on the more cutscenes ship. I hope the ending of the trailers (both legends appearing) are in-game :D

Nice ot see the thread in full throttle again!

I agree. On both notes.
Though these forums are blowing up just because of the possible leaks, and guaranteed new news.

Status
Not open for further replies.