• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I just thought of a great idea.
What if they were to add a move known as "Second Chance"
A negative priority move, where, let's say a you faint, this move allows you to deliver one more powerful blow before actually fainting.
I.e.
Metagross uses earthquake. Pikachu faints, but because pikachu chose to use second chance,
As pikachu faints It delivers one final blow! and faints right after.

Kind of like the ability Aftermath, except more powerful, same distribution amount, and be an actual move.

I like the way you are thinking but isn't that why they made Final Gambit? I actually don't know. How does final gambit work?

Yveltal96

A little more human
I like the way you are thinking but isn't that why they made Final Gambit? I actually don't know. How does final gambit work?

Final Gambit causes the user to faint, and the target receives damage equal to however much HP the user had before executing the move.
If Final Gambit doesn't hit the opponent due to missing, type immunity or Protect, then Final Gambit will fail and the user will not faint. Using this move will not activate the user's Focus Band, Focus Sash or Sturdy, and therefore, the Pokémon still faints regardless of whether the item is held or not. However, Final Gambit can trigger Focus Band, Focus Sash, and Sturdy if any are possessed by the target, and the target's Endure will prevent them from fainting.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer

^^ exactly as explained above.
My move would act more like counter.
Except its not redirecting damage tooken, its dealing a set amount of damage.
And still works if you happen to faint.
I figure this move would be mostly abuseable by slower pokemon as opposed to faster pokemon.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I figure this move would be mostly abuseable by slower pokemon as opposed to faster pokemon.

that's a great idea.
that reminds me of a yugioh card but i don't remember which

Akwakwak

I'm hungry

Oh okay cool, @Yveltal96 thanks for explaining it. I never really got the point of it until now.

And yes, that is a really good idea.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Oh okay cool, @Yveltal96 thanks for explaining it. I never really got the point of it until now.

And yes, that is a really good idea.

no problem final gambit is just that, a gamble
with a move like second chance, if you knew there was nothing you could do to prevent your death, may as well go out with a bang

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I really hope the Join Avenue makes a comeback. I like place for these reasons:

The Training section- I like having to buy a bit of a boost to my EVs and sometimes a level raised. Even though they are one-use purchases, it still can make EVing quicker.

Daily Prize Place- Places like these are some of the things I am fond of both Pokemon and real life due to chance, something I absolutely adore. Even getting a Master Ball at a rare occasion was always enjoyable to me.

Egg Hatching Station- Not much to add here but it's always nice to hatch your Deino much more immediate without all that biking you do, all for a low cost.

Magnemite Coil- I must give my sincere thanks of whoever started it, be a person or a group of people, I can't believe how high my Rank was able to grow more faster. All to one little Steel/Electric type.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I really hope the Join Avenue makes a comeback. I like place for these reasons:

The Training section- I like having to buy a bit of a boost to my EVs and sometimes a level raised. Even though they are one-use purchases, it still can make EVing quicker.

Daily Prize Place- Places like these are some of the things I am fond of both Pokemon and real life due to chance, something I absolutely adore. Even getting a Master Ball at a rare occasion was always enjoyable to me.

Egg Hatching Station- Not much to add here but it's always nice to hatch your Deino much more immediate without all that biking you do, all for a low cost.

Magnemite Coil- I must give my sincere thanks of whoever started it, be a person or a group of people, I can't believe how high my Rank was able to grow more faster. All to one little Steel/Electric type.

i think join avenue should be one of those things that should stay always i loved the egg hatching store you could unlock it makes breeding easier

I just thought of a great idea.
What if they were to add a move known as "Second Chance"
A negative priority move, where, let's say a you faint, this move allows you to deliver one more powerful blow before actually fainting.
I.e.
Metagross uses earthquake. Pikachu faints, but because pikachu chose to use second chance,
As pikachu faints It delivers one final blow! and faints right after.

Kind of like the ability Aftermath, except more powerful, same distribution amount, and be an actual move.

I think it would be better as an ability, so the pokémon could choose the move it wants. It would be a really powerful ability (in fact, I think that's what Stall should do...) as in would guarantee the pokémon would always use its move, even if it's slower, so I guess only bad/less-than-stellar pokémon should get it, like... huh... Flareon.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I think it would be better as an ability, so the pokémon could choose the move it wants. It would be a really powerful ability (in fact, I think that's what Stall should do...) as in would guarantee the pokémon would always use its move, even if it's slower, so I guess only bad/less-than-stellar pokémon should get it, like... huh... Flareon.

flareon definitely needs this ability/move he kinda sucks and got the short end of the stick

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
no problem final gambit is just that, a gamble
with a move like second chance, if you knew there was nothing you could do to prevent your death, may as well go out with a bang

Exactly! especially for pokemon that cant survive for too long.
for example, an audino. Audino sets up everything it can, and right before it gets ko'd, use "Second Chance," to ensure you get that final hit in before going down.
This strategy can work on almost any pokemon that needs to deal damage on classic checks and counters before going down.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Exactly! especially for pokemon that cant survive for too long.
for example, an audino. Audino sets up everything it can, and right before it gets ko'd, use "Second Chance," to ensure you get that final hit in before going down.
This strategy can work on almost any pokemon that needs to deal damage on classic checks and counters before going down.

a wall lugia could use this
gotta love the original Great Wall :)

Status
Not open for further replies.