• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

absolfusion

Soon.......
We currently have no idea when 3DS will be updated with Miiverse, but I'm betting that it won't happen in time for them to use it in XY.

Maybe if they go by 3DS Friend Codes, but IDK, I don't think there's much that can be done about that ATM.
actually i think i re

ad somewhere that nintendo will stick with the universal friend codes for the 3ds and the wii u will have the nintendo network accounts

Yveltal96

A little more human

Courpse_Mew

I hope we get more overworld effects for abilities. Not like Illuminate which has no in-battle affect(really needs to be mended), but like Magma Armor and Flame Body. Just something to add to the dynamics of the game. Like Cloud Nine could eliminate weather effects in the overworld such as making snow melt around where you're standing or dry mud that would otherwise get you stuck until you wiggled out. And weather effects of the like. It would make Psyduck more enjoyable to carry around with when the nostalgia is not enough. It would also be kind of awesome if some abilities added to the effects of HM moves. Like Hyper Cutter allowing Cut to chop down a greater amount of grass at once. Anyways, just an idea. What do you guys think about it?

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Something just occured to me... the new evolution method is supposed to be based on trust, right?

When was this announced? Is there a link to this if this is confirmed?

If it is real, could this mean new berries that increase trust/decrease friendship/decrease EVs? How could this affect the gameplay?

Elementman-Novapoke

It would also be kind of awesome if some abilities added to the effects of HM moves. Like Hyper Cutter allowing Cut to chop down a greater amount of grass at once. Anyways, just an idea. What do you guys think about it?

On a similar note, perhaps Pokémon should just be able to naturally perform certain HM abilities? For instance, I don't see why you have to teach a Skarmory Fly for it to fly you around places. IT'S A BIRD GABNABBIT. Of course, this could still be regulated by badges and whatnot.

Or, another alternative, a HM move slot? A 5th move slot that can only be filled by a HM move, and can still be used in battle. If you want to have 2 HMs on a single Pokémon (for ingame purposes), then you could, just one would have to go into a regular move slot.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
On a similar note, perhaps Pokémon should just be able to naturally perform certain HM abilities? For instance, I don't see why you have to teach a Skarmory Fly for it to fly you around places. IT'S A BIRD GABNABBIT. Of course, this could still be regulated by badges and whatnot.

Or, another alternative, a HM move slot? A 5th move slot that can only be filled by a HM move, and can still be used in battle. If you want to have 2 HMs on a single Pokémon (for ingame purposes), then you could, just one would have to go into a regular move slot.

Although it would be great for us -the consumers- to have this option(s), I don't think GameFreak is ready to break out of this mold. However, we haven't seen the bottom screen in the trailers, so we wouldn't know about a fifth move slot. Hopeful though, hopeful.

2074red2074

Shiny Collector
How would trust relate to friendship? You really can't have one without the other, so there would be no point in two systems.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Bullet Punch, Extreme Speed, and other priority moves should have their base damage nerf'd to one half of their base power.

Nah, that sounds too extreme 75-90% of their base damage seems much less radical. ExtremeSpeed however is a move for mostly fully evolved Pokémon, so it shouldn't have its power cut.

edu1987

Although it would be great for us -the consumers- to have this option(s), I don't think GameFreak is ready to break out of this mold. However, we haven't seen the bottom screen in the trailers, so we wouldn't know about a fifth move slot. Hopeful though, hopeful.

I agree with the hm slot but take it out of battle... All hms have similar moves to them.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I assume you're talking about Huge Power and STAB, in which case it can easily do the same damage with other Water type moves.

Oh you're right Aqua Tail and Aqua Jet are better options for Azumarill.

well if you take out Surf and Waterfall you are left with Hydro Pump, Aqua Tail, and Scald for water moves really.

Huge Power only affects Attack so Surf and Hydro Pump and Scald aren't even good moves for Azumarill.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
Wouldn't it be so brilliant if there was a Wi-fi section for legendary ubers only next gen? So people who cannot use ubers online, can go to that section to play for fun? All this is coming from me because I miss using Kyogre in battle!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Wouldn't it be so brilliant if there was a Wi-fi section for legendary ubers only next gen? So people who cannot use ubers online, can go to that section to play for fun? All this is coming from me because I miss using Kyogre in battle!

As well as an in-game version. I love it that Driftveil tournaments and Unova Leaders let us use uber legendaries, but I want something more challenging.

Mitja

Veteran smartass
We've all been over the usual fanmade types like Light, Sound, Wind in discussions long ago and I seriously doubt that we would get new types at this point of the franchise (I mean surely if there was something that is obviously not covered, they would have noticed in the past 649 designs and added it, right?)

But the whole mystery about Sylveons type has made me contemplate a type I don't think I've seen suggested before: Fairy

While this may not seem like a candidate for a type at first, think about some other types that are about kinds of creatures, like Bug. Or more on the supernatural side, like Ghost. Or more on the mythological side, like Dragon.

In this manner, Fairy could represent the small, good-hearted, magical creatures of fairytales.

Obviously after 6 generations, some retypings would have to occur, but interestingly enough, most of the serious candidates are plain Normal type anyway! (I'm looking at all those pink blobs with support moves like Clefairy, Blissey, Jigglypuff, Audino and then there is also Togetic...)

Plenty of moves come to mind (and also most Normal), but mostly support ones like Wish, Trick, Metronome, Helping Hand, Assist, Covet, Lucky Chant, Baton Pass, Moonlight..
But remember that Dark also started out with just Bite and introduced the bulk of its own moves afterwards.
Fairys "Bite" (a damaging move that goes from Normal to a new type when it is introduced) might be Swift.

Surely when reading this, one is asking what the point of it would be on the type chart since its so vague. Would it add anything? Surprisingly the answer is a yes.
-offensively:
It could add some weaknesses to the meanies: Ghost, Dark, Dragon (especially dragon who are like their "brute" or "tough" mythical equivalent, so itd be jsut like mind>body in case of Psychic>Fighting)
And be awful against some of the frailer types: Grass, Psychic, Bug
-defensively:
Imagine Blissey being weak to Poison (which is in dire need of help on the offensive side!), wouldn't that make perfect sense? Along with a Steel weakness and resistances to 2 currently serious threats, Dragon and Fire...

Anyhow,
How would you guys respond if XY introduced a Fairy type?
I don't think that's what they're up to, but I find the idea interesting, executable and fun to think about ;D

Last edited:

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
I would like it if Gamefreak made more type-specific trapping abilities like magnet pull. I think an electric type trapping ability would be cool. It wouldn't be OP because most electric types learn Volt-switch anyway.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I would like it if Gamefreak made more type-specific trapping abilities like magnet pull. I think an electric type trapping ability would be cool. It wouldn't be OP because most electric types learn Volt-switch anyway.

Well, we can have a Stronger Arena Trap ability that nullifies switching on moves like U-Turn or Volt Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.