• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
-Show a list of all the Pokemon you're searching for instead showing 6.
-Make it possible to see an Pokemon's summary, so you can check if they are legit.
-fix the problem of lv.9 legendaries. Don't have an idea, maybe when you ask/offer a legendary you can't select a level. Jus't thinking out loud)

Agree on these.

-Make it possible to ask for every Pokemon, not the only you've seen.

Probably never going to happen. They do this to keep you from getting rare Pokemon too early.

-Make it possible to ask for shinys (I don't search for shinies, but a lot of others do)

Shinies are too rare for this to be viable. They're considered too valuable to a lot of people to the point where you're probably not going to see too many being offered. Or at least not legit shinies, anyway.

By only searching for ones you've seen, does it count the ones seen via online battling too? Or just in game?

Just in game, I think.

If it's in game then I really see no point, as if you've seen them then you can most likely catch them.

It most certainly has a point. You always see more Pokemon in the game that you can catch, most notably version exclusives and National Dex Pokemon that can't be caught in the game but seen on trainer rosters.

XXD17

Draco rex
The move kinesis does not refer to the biological concept of kinesis? It refers to psychokinesis aka telekinesis - the act of moving things with the mind, in ESP language. Hence why it's a psychic type. It's about kinetic motion, not about the reactions of cells. There's no such thing as psychotaxis, hence, no taxis move. The suffix "-kinesis" just means motion, and I assume Psychokinesis or Telekinesis is the intended move, but was too long, so it just got shortened. Not odd in the least bit.

I understand the whole psychokinesis bit but that doesn't explain what the move does...also, telekinesis is a move on its own....Think in terms of behavioral biology...kinesis refers to a random response to a stimulus...therefore, kinesis prevents the opponent from pinpointing it attack, randomizing the chance of striking...taxis comes with kinesis and it refers to a directional response to a stimulus...it could increase accuracy I guess, in double battle, or it can hone your own strong points like I've mentioned, having a directional purpose...but then again, this can all be a translation error...

R_N

I understand the whole psychokinesis bit but that doesn't explain what the move does...also, telekinesis is a move on its own....Think in terms of behavioral biology...kinesis refers to a random response to a stimulus...therefore, kinesis prevents the opponent from pinpointing it attack, randomizing the chance of striking...taxis comes with kinesis and it refers to a directional response to a stimulus...it could increase accuracy I guess, in double battle, or it can hone your own strong points like I've mentioned, having a directional purpose...but then again, this can all be a translation error...

Have you ever, like, seen kinesis
Kinesis.png

you bend a spoon
the japanese name is literally "Spoon Bend"
the description of the move is
The user distracts the foe by bending a spoon. It may lower the target’s accuracy.
it's also the exclusive move of Kadabra & Alakazam

Skiddsy has it right, they called it that based on the suffix not cells and junk.

XXD17

Draco rex
Have you ever, like, seen kinesis
Kinesis.png

you bend a spoon
the japanese name is literally "Spoon Bend"
the description of the move is

it's also the exclusive move of Kadabra & Alakazam

Skiddsy has it right, they called it that based on the suffix not cells and junk.

That's why I said it could simply be a translation error...but how does bending a spoon lower accuracy? I guess it can be distracting...Anyways, I'd still like a move that increases your highest stat 2 stages and it will fail if you have more than one stat tied for the highest...it doesn't have to be called taxis...it could be called "fortify" or something...

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Don't hate on me for this,but I want the new types(if they are any) to be Sound and Light
I'd like to see these Pokémon retyped and the 6th Gen pokemon I would like to see typed this.

Sound:

Chatot(Sound/Flying)
Igglybuff(Normal)>Jigglypuff(Normal/Sound)>Wigglytuff(Normal/Sound)
Poliwag(Water)>Poliwhirl(Water)>Politoed(Water/Sound)
Whismur(Sound)>Loudred(Sound)>Exploud(Sound)
Chingling(Psychic/Sound)>Chimecho(Psychic/Sound)
Kricketot(Bug/Sound)>Krickitune(Bug/Sound)
Meloetta-Aria Form(Sound/Psychic)
Meloetta-Pirouette Form(Sound/Fighting)
Yveltal(Flying/Sound)-Because Wyvern's Loud Screeches and that it is the Only Pokémon to make a Noise(other than Pikachu) in the trailer

Light:

Cherrim(Grass/Light)
Cleffa(Normal)>Clefairy(Normal/Light)>Clefable(Normal/Light)
Mareep(Electric/Light)>Flaffy(Electric/Light)>Ampharos(Electric/Light)
Volbeat(Bug/Light)
Illumise(Bug/Light)
Lumineon(Water/Light)
Manaphy(Water/Light)
Phione(Water/Light)
Xerneas(Grass/Light)-Bright Colours on Antlers,and could give both Legends a new type
Sylveon(Light)-To me,kind of self-explanatory

Last edited:

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Not bashing you or anyone who wants/likes the possibility of Sound types, but can't just about any Pokemon make a sound?
In this case, I'm comparing it with Psychic types, and what I think the process is.

Psychic types use heightened mental/brain waves to affect objects or perform different attacks; same goes with Pokemon that can learn Psychic type attacks.
Sound types would produce/manipulate sound waves; the only difference between normal, say, Pokemon cries & sounds, and Sound type attacks is that the latter are produced when a Pokemon manipulates the sound waves.
So Sound types are characterized when a Pokemon manipulates its own or other Pokemon's/person's/object's sound waves.

Sorry if I seem unclear on anything; not very good at explanations, and I'm kind of supporting and opposing Sound types.

Edit: And just throwing this out there, but maybe Xerneas doesn't have a cry. Yveltal, the great watcher of the skies, and Xerneas, silent guardian of the earth.

Last edited:

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Not bashing you or anyone who wants/likes the possibility of Sound types, but can't just about any Pokemon make a sound?
In this case, I'm comparing it with Psychic types, and what I think the process is.

Psychic types use heightened mental/brain waves to affect objects or perform different attacks; same goes with Pokemon that can learn Psychic type attacks.
Sound types would produce/manipulate sound waves; the only difference between normal, say, Pokemon cries & sounds, and Sound type attacks is that the latter are produced when a Pokemon manipulates the sound waves.
So Sound types are characterized when a Pokemon manipulates its own or other Pokemon's/person's/object's sound waves.

Sorry if I seem unclear on anything; not very good at explanations, and I'm kind of supporting and opposing Sound types.

Edit: And just throwing this out there, but maybe Xerneas doesn't have a cry. Yveltal, the great watcher of the skies, and Xerneas, silent guardian of the earth.

I was meaning Pokemon usually accosiated with Noise(such as Loudness,Music or Singing

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Flareon needs a better Fire physical move, like Flare Blitz.

It would be awesome for Gardevoir to somehow learn Aura Sphere to replace Focus Blast. Focus Blast has a knack for missing much more than Thunder, for some reason, and has been way, way too inconsistent after testing. It would also be sweet if she, along with other Psychics, could learn Psycho Boost through a Draco Metoeor-esque tutor.

Perhaps Gallade can somehow learn Aura Sphere, and can pass it down to Ralts through breeding.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Flareon needs a better Fire physical move, like Flare Blitz.

It would be awesome for Gardevoir to somehow learn Aura Sphere to replace Focus Blast. Focus Blast has a knack for missing much more than Thunder, for some reason, and has been way, way too inconsistent after testing. It would also be sweet if she, along with other Psychics, could learn Psycho Boost through a Draco Metoeor-esque tutor.

Perhaps Gallade can somehow learn Aura Sphere, and can pass it down to Ralts through breeding.

I've always hated flareon for that reason. But gallade is good enough.

Regality

Digital King
What if... the enemy team's goal is to stop time, and all the members have a device that allows them to slow down time, so whenever you battle them you'll always be at half speed?
Moves like quick attack would become normal moves and quick claw would be negated.

Would be a good way to make the battles a little harder.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
What if... the enemy team's goal is to stop time, and all the members have a device that allows them to slow down time, so whenever you battle them you'll always be at half speed?
Moves like quick attack would become normal moves and quick claw would be negated.

Would be a good way to make the battles a little harder.

I'd actually like the idea of having one-off in-game gimmicks like that. Honestly, it's not that different from fighting people with Sandshrews in infinite sandstorms or people with Froslasses in infinite hailstorms, where the enemy gets to tank by evading your attacks and getting free damage on your 'mons every turn. If they don't want to make something as complex as what you're suggesting, maybe even just an enemy base with infinite Trick Room in every fight, and the grunts use stuff like Disable Dusclops, Slack Off Slowbro, Trapinch, Power Split Shuckle, and Gyro Ball Ferroseed? I know Trick Room affects both sides and doesn't alter priority, but it could definitely provide an interesting challenge.

EDIT: Ooh, or DeepSeaTooth Clamperl. Ooh, or Parasect! Super-fast 100% sleep moves, biatch!

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'd actually like the idea of having one-off in-game gimmicks like that. Honestly, it's not that different from fighting people with Sandshrews in infinite sandstorms or people with Froslasses in infinite hailstorms, where the enemy gets to tank by evading your attacks and getting free damage on your 'mons every turn. If they don't want to make something as complex as what you're suggesting, maybe even just an enemy base with infinite Trick Room in every fight, and the grunts use stuff like Disable Dusclops, Slack Off Slowbro, Trapinch, Power Split Shuckle, and Gyro Ball Ferroseed? I know Trick Room affects both sides and doesn't alter priority, but it could definitely provide an interesting challenge.

EDIT: Ooh, or DeepSeaTooth Clamperl. Ooh, or Parasect! Super-fast 100% sleep moves, biatch!
Add Spore Amoongus and Gyro Ball Steelix and the rest is history. I supposed Jellicent could be thrown in the mix alongside, given that a lot of teams have to deal with the ghostly jellyfish.
What about tagela getting a buffered movepool?

Tangela actually has a decent enough movepool.

absolfusion

Soon.......
I actually would like a flying type outrage called Tornado, but more powerful than hurricane to reference the fact that tornadoes actually cause more damage and spin faster than hurricanes even though they are much, much smaller

confuser987

Hey, because X/Y will be the first 3DS game, there are so many possibilities of note taking here. We can draw our own maps and pause our game to go to our notes and we can share our notes (not sure) through swapnotes.

R_N

Hey, because X/Y will be the first 3DS game, there are so many possibilities of note taking here. We can draw our own maps and pause our game to go to our notes and we can share our notes (not sure) through swapnotes.

swapnote doesn't allow that functionality

If MiiVerse comes around the same time as XY you can do a similar thing, though.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I actually would like a flying type outrage called Tornado, but more powerful than hurricane to reference the fact that tornadoes actually cause more damage and spin faster than hurricanes even though they are much, much smaller

I'm currently waiting for Water and Bug typed Outrages because that would balance out Petal Dance (Grass Outrage)
Maybe Tsunami for Water, and some kind of physical bug stabbing movement for the Bug Outrage.

Regality

Digital King
Bug outrage... swarm? but I think that's an ability..

No idea what such a strong bug move could be called..

Status
Not open for further replies.