• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutzaki

Master of All
I hobe the ability to ride Pokémon removes the bicycle in this game, and hopefully it's not only limited to Gohgohto. I mean, who hasn't thought about this feature being real? I'm not sure if this is going to be dependent on some new HM called..."Ride"...or if this means that perhaps the days of HM's are over. If that's true, I'm not sure how I feel about it either. On one hand, HM's have always been a big pain in the rear, but it'd feel strange not having them in the game. The thought of just hopping onto the back of the quadrupedal Pokémon you currently have in your party, and just riding around on it, is very alluring. Especially if this also applies to any Flying-type or Water-type you have.

Greekboy

I don't know which spot this goes in, so I'll guess here...

Did any of you guys notice the pokedex at the top right corner? I'm no Japanese speaker, but that's GOT to be the Pokedex. Pretty cool, looks like a hologram-sort of thing! :D

Sunglasses Krookodile

King Of The Kroks
Did anyone notice what looks like a pokemon evolving in the second image top right hand corner.. On what appears to be the battlefield shown off in videos etc its quite small to make out but looks like an evolution.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
CoroCoro already? I'm a bit skeptical of this (could be fake), but let's see what we've got here.

I really hope that Yayakoma isn't the regional bird (probably is, though), because it's just as generic and samey as ever. Flame Charge is unique, I guess, but not really anything to write home about.

Elikiteru is interesting, certainly, being Electric/Normal, I'll definitely consider this one for my team.

Gogoat and Yancham are okay, but Yancham sounds like it should be Dark, not Fighting.

At the bottom of the page which talks about the starters, it says "Pokemon gains experience after winning battles, learning new moves." I think it is a little strange that they point out the obvious. Maybe there is a big change to the level system.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
At the bottom of the page which talks about the starters, it says "Pokemon gains experience after winning battles, learning new moves." I think it is a little strange that they point out the obvious. Maybe there is a big change to the level system.

Isn't CoroCoro marketing towards kids, though? It might not be obvious to new players.

kemal07

Everthing looks so awesome right now, Is that all the pages then?

Being able to ride a Pokemon is awesome! I'm hoping we get to ride Pokemon in a few other Cities or Towns that seems suitable

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
This is probably me being really, really silly and seeing things that really aren't there but I'm going to mention it anyway.

I was looking at the picture on the page where they show that you can ride Gogoat (the same page as the protagonists) and I noticed that there is a girl in that picture with a Fennekin following her. Could this indicate that following Pokémon could return?

I know it is probably just a ridiculous coincidence and I'm just being silly but it gives some people hope right?

MrDuck

Being able to ride a Pokemon is awesome! I'm hoping we get to ride Pokemon in a few other Cities or Towns that seems suitable

There's supposed to be page with info on gogoat and his riding thing. So we probably haven't got everything yet.

Yep that's all..until Pokemon Smash next week where we are finally going to see someone playing the game..

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
There's supposed to be page with info on gogoat and his riding thing. So we probably haven't got everything yet.

We got thatm we have the revelation page then the other page with the kids and the kid riding the goat in Parismon and the info saying it can only be used there.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
Perhaps learning a move causes EXP. points too? That would mean a huge change, since you'd want to learn even the weaker moves...or maybe you get more EXP. points based on the moves you/your opponents use?

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Character Customization is finally here but, lackluster IMO. Hair, eyes and skin tone are pretty basic changes, and Im sure there are others with me that really wanted alot more from it- especially clothing and hair style. Hopefully, the options given to us in Corocoro arent the only ones available.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I really hope they bring back the Pokéathlon and the Underground.

As much as I miss the Sinnoh Underground, the Pokeathlon, and PokeStar Studios, recycling ideas has hurt the series' popularity of mini games before. The first Pokémon Contests from Gen III were unbelievably well developed for what they were. The Super Contests were just awful, with Game Freak gearing it's attention into other side quest avenues. They did away with Contests and Underground even before the culmination of Gen IV, with the releases of HGSS a to make room for Pokeathlon and an "improved" Safari Zone. I don't foresee a return of the Undergrounf in Gen VI, although I do miss it so much that I bust out Platinum every once I a while to go chiseling at something.

I'm going to miss Poke Star Studios. That side quest has been my favorite so far, way better than musicals, or contests.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
So I decided to compile possible movesets and stats for the four new critters, tell me what you think:

Goat:

Stats
HP: 80
Attack: 104
Defense: 72
Sp attack: 20
Special defense: 72
Speed: 100

Moveset:

Lv 1: Tackle
Lv 1: Absorb
Lv 7: Fury Attack
Lv 10: Growth
Lv 14: Take Down
Lv 19: Magnitude
Lv 24: Horn Leech
Lv 29: Scary Face
Lv 34: Double Edge
Lv 39: Iron Defense
Lv 44: New Physical Grass move
Lv 49: Head Charge

Robin

Stats

HP: 40
Attack: 45
Defense: 36
Sp attack: 45
Defense: 36
Speed: 38

Moveset
Lv 1: Tackle
Lv 4: Peck
Lv 7: Growl
Lv 11: Incinerate
Lv 15: Flame Charge
Lv 18: Wing Attack
Lv 21: Roost
Lv 24: Smokescreen
Lv 28: Flame Wing (Given to other regional birds via Egg Move)
Lv 32: Aerial Ace
Lv 36: Flamethrower
Lv 40: Brave Bird

Lizard

Stats
HP: 48
Attack: 32
Defense: 40
Sp Attack: 34
Defense: 40
Speed: 50

Moveset
Lv 1: Charge
Lv 4: Tackle
Lv 6: Tail Whip
Lv 9: Bite
Lv 13: Shock Wave
Lv 17: Glare
Lv 20: Slam
Lv 23: Spark
Lv 26: Screech
Lv 29: Parabola Charge
Lv 33: Volt Switch
Lv 39: Double Edge
Lv 42: Crunch
Lv 45: Thunder

Panda

Stats
HP: 30
Attack: 52
Defense: 42
Sp Attack: 39
Special Defense: 52
Speed: 45

Moveset
Lv 1: Fake Out
Lv 1: Scratch
Lv 5: Bite
Lv 8: Focus Energy
Lv 12: Taunt
Lv 15: Karate Chop
Lv 18: Razor Leaf
Lv 22: Torment
Lv 26: Encore
Lv 29: Sucker Punch
Lv 32: Brick Break
Lv 36: Bulk Up
Lv 39: Snatch
Lv 42: Crunch
Lv 45: Leaf Blade
Lv 49: Close Combat

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I'm thinking being able to ride Gogoat is actually an HM rather than a signature thing, but Gogoat is like the introduction gimmick to it (like Deerling/Sawsbuck to the seasons). I think other Pokemon able to learn this MH would be the Ponyta family, Arcanine, Tauros, Houndoom, Dounphan, Stantler, the legendary beasts, Camerupt, Torterra, Bibarel, Luxray, Hippowdon, Mamoswine, Arceus (and I guess mew by default by it being able to learn all moves, but it'd be weird), Samurott, Stoutland, the Blitzle family, Scolipede, Sawsbuck, and the musketeers. I'm not entirely sure of it's purpose, but I see it more as HM than just a signature thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.