• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightblind249

Seeing the trainer riding on gogoat makes me hopeful that there's the chance that we will see other pokes riding with the trainer. Swimming on a lapris or flying on a lugia. Seeing that would be great. Doubtful but would be cool to see.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Seeing the trainer riding on gogoat makes me hopeful that there's the chance that we will see other pokes riding with the trainer. Swimming on a lapris or flying on a lugia. Seeing that would be great. Doubtful but would be cool to see.

And by seeing that you could assume that it's safe to see that we'll be seeing all pokemon in their full 3D models ridden on. I wouldn't say that it would be doubtful. If Surfing or Flying were just another shadow-like animation, then that'd be illogical.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I really want a physical version of hidden power as well as a special version of intimidate. physical pokemon are sort of lacking in that aspect. not that it would make a huge difference but it's be nice.

THIS. I loved how the types were physical/special. I could have weaknesses covered that I can't now because of the split.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
THIS. I loved how the types were physical/special. I could have weaknesses covered that I can't now because of the split.

exactly, although it did leave some Pokemon borderline useless until the split happened, if it's type was physical and it's stats were more specially inclined and vice versa. but I think hidden power gives pokemon with good sp. attack an advantage over physical attackers and intimidate also negatively affects physical pokemon. so I want the counterpart versions for both. you know?

also on another topic, does anybody else find the way the characters walk a bit awkward? it's like they're jogging but with little steps.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer

I actually think that it's a Gogoat exclusive. Considering Gogoat is known as the RIDING pokemon, and if you look at the trailer again, you'll notice that where the trainer is riding Gogoat, the is a sign with Gogoats silhuoette, meaning you have to be in certain spots/locations to activate this feature, so I don't think we'll be seeing this in other pokemon. Perhaps when we surf or fly, but other then that, i don't think so.

ZXChris93

I actually just realized something about the character models. Since character models are capable, depending on the game engine, of interacting during cutscenes in certain games, maybe we'll have cutscenes involving the player character in the game? :eek: I think it'd be pretty cool. But if it's not, doesn't matter. X and Y is going to definitely be GOTY material.

rocky505

I just realized the car is an ice cream car that might sell casteliacones, you can see a vanillite on the roof.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
There's just no downside to this game!!! Character customization is going to be a fantastic addition to the Pokemon series(especially since the guy's outfit SUCKS).

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
I have never been so excited for a pokemon game in all my life! Hurry up October! There is literally not a single thing that I don't like about X and Y so far :D

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I just realized the car is an ice cream car that might sell casteliacones, you can see a vanillite on the roof.

REALLY!? omgwtfbbqgtfo1010111112!!!

That's even more epic than... wait for it... sitting on a bench!

Do wish that we received a Hidden Power alternative that was physical. Even better, a variable normal move that uses the second type of Pokémon who are dual-typed, and did more than the 70 base power that we get with Hidden Power. Like say maybe, 85 base power? But, not perfect accuracy, 95% accuracy and 10 PP. Can't make everything easy. Also, probably needs to be special based; let's call it β-Stream.

ebevan91

wci5IMe.gif

You can now......wait for it...

SIT...ON...BENCHES!!

/omgwtfbbq

brb preordering 10000 copies

No really though, the graphics look so good compared to previous games.

Status
Not open for further replies.