• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I want the obvious HMs (Surf, Fly, Strength, Cut & Waterfall) to kind of 'in-built' in fully evolved Pokes.
Like, if you have a Fearow, it can use Fly on the field (no need for an extra HM slot), or if you have a Sharpedo, it can use both Surf and Waterfall; so on (you can teach them the move, as well, but that takes up a normal move slot).

I think that would be better than an extra HM slot.
Not sure if I make much sense.

EliJolesy

I want the obvious HMs (Surf, Fly, Strength, Cut & Waterfall) to kind of 'in-built' in fully evolved Pokes.
Like, if you have a Fearow, it can use Fly on the field (no need for an extra HM slot), or if you have a Sharpedo, it can use both Surf and Waterfall; so on (you can teach them the move, as well, but that takes up a normal move slot).

I think that would be better than an extra HM slot.
Not sure if I make much sense.

Then what would be the point of any HMs? It cuts out a lot of Gamefreak's strategy of trying to get to a certain level in the game to use HMs? All you'd have to do is train your Pokemon until its evolved

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
About the HMs, maybe there could be that you can buy insanely expensive items which you can use once to bypass stuff like Surf, Cut, Dive, Waterfall, etc.

I guess that would make problems that you could get stuck in places like Victory Road ;0(but it would be better than the Meister Flop that happened in Snnoh).

Fennekin1

Then what would be the point of any HMs? It cuts out a lot of Gamefreak's strategy of trying to get to a certain level in the game to use HMs? All you'd have to do is train your Pokemon until its evolved

They could change it so that you need a certain number of badges to use a new ability such as swimming on water for water types or flying for flying types and just make the HM moves regular moves. Although this requires you to carry certain types of pokemon rather than give up a move slot now.

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
About the HMs, maybe there could be that you can buy insanely expensive items which you can use once to bypass stuff like Surf, Cut, Dive, Waterfall, etc.

I guess that would make problems that you could get stuck in places like Victory Road ;0(but it would be better than the Meister Flop that happened in Snnoh).

What happened in Sinnoh?

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Is anyone besides me hoping we'll get old/good/super rod back? I was kinda dissapointed we only got them after beating the elite 4 in gen 5.

I do so too. If not, then how are we supposed to catch good Pokémon only accessible by fishing before the league.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
What happened in Sinnoh?

You know the Meister trade, where you traded a Finneon for a German Magikarp?

If that Finneon was the only Poké in your team, and you don't have any Rare Candies or the Old, Good, or Super Rods, you're stuck there permanently because it's an island, Magikarp can't learn Surf, and it saves automatically after trading.

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
You know the Meister trade, where you traded a Finneon for a German Magikarp?

If that Finneon was the only Poké in your team, and you don't have any Rare Candies or the Old, Good, or Super Rods, you're stuck there permanently because it's an island, Magikarp can't learn Surf, and it saves automatically after trading.

Omg really, I never knew that :p

Monocross

The end credits must be 'GET LUCKY' from Daft "Gods' Punk!

I like this idea!!

As for the HMs, I'm all for just keeping the basic ones (Surf/Fly/Strength/Cut), I think Waterfall should just be merged in with Surf, along with Whirlpool and Dive.

Also, I'll be keeping the Battle Scenes on at all times, it'd be rude to shut them off since GameFreak went through all this trouble to make this game so spectacular!!

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
HM01: Cut
HM02: Fly
HM03: Surf (Waterfall+Dive)
HM04: Strenght (Rock Climb + Rock Smash)
HM05: Transport (Ride a pokémon + Fly a pokémon in the sky)
HM06: Melt <--- this needs to happen, melting frozen lakes/pillars/waterfalls/statues/Iron locks

Regality

Digital King
HM06: Melt <--- this needs to happen, melting frozen lakes/pillars/waterfalls/statues/Iron locks

At least for that bit, usually it is the seasons that affect that.
But we do not know if they are coming back yet..

RoySceptile

Bakaner

So, with that, do you mean that Transport would be the longer version of Fly?

Is anybody else going to play as the female character considering the male is HIDEOUS. (in my opinion), but that could change if they add more custimization, but the female character is so pretty! I mean im homosexual.... but im sure even heterosexual males and females agree?

Fennekin1

Is anybody else going to play as the female character considering the male is HIDEOUS. (in my opinion), but that could change if they add more custimization, but the female character is so pretty! I mean im homosexual.... but im sure even heterosexual males and females agree?

I always play as the female character (mostly because I am female). I think this female is definatly the prettiest, the others all dressed like tom boys. I would've liked more customization though. For instance I would've liked one of the profiles to have been light skinned with dark hair and green eyes so that she would look a little like me. I was a little dissapointed that both the light skinned versions were blond. I would also like to customize hair style as I recently went back to short hair in real life.

Is anybody else going to play as the female character considering the male is HIDEOUS(in my opinion). But that could change if they add more customization, but the female character is so pretty! I mean I'm homosexual.... but I'm sure even heterosexual males and females agree?

HIDEOUS?! What are you, a Calvin Klein model or something?! Don't be that way.

Bariokie

rock dog
I always play as the female character (mostly because I am female). I think this female is definatly the prettiest, the others all dressed like tom boys. I would've liked more customization though. For instance I would've liked one of the profiles to have been light skinned with dark hair and green eyes so that she would look a little like me. I was a little dissapointed that both the light skinned versions were blond. I would also like to customize hair style as I recently went back to short hair in real life.

At least you can change clothes.
What is a really big step.

Ditto24

Do you think it would be too far if when we beat the league we get a crown and scepter? xD

Regality

Digital King
Do you think it would be too far if when we beat the league we get a crown and scepter? xD

No, no I do not. :D

One thing I don't want in this gen though, is like how we were forced to do a movie in pokestar studios. I don't mind the facility being there as some people enjoyed it, but I don't want to be forced to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.