• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fennekin1

At least you can change clothes.
What is a really big step.

Yeah, I guess that's a positive. But I would've liked to make the character me rather than kinda customize a character that still doesn't really look like me. It's like this exercise I did in my college psycology class where your told to draw a person. I think the profesor said about ninty percent (or some other really high percentage) of people draw themselves in this exercise because that is what they identify with most, if that kind of gives you an idea of what I mean.

Ditto24

Our Hall of Fame pics are gonna look awesome! Us in full 3D and our pokemon all moving around us. Much better than the random sprites that block each others faces.

Karlos Region

Kiss me Stunfisk!
That would be a cool side game. A simulation game where you run a game and then you can import your XY team to battle challengers.

haha like, Pokesim or something? Im just saying that, once you beat the Champion, and u become the most powerful trainer in Kalos, everything goes down, in a slow, but safe rythm. once you catch all legends, explore every corner of the map, and challenge all trainers.. whats next? (wireless coms off the discussion) so, why not still playing to remain as Champion? there must be other kids willing to be the Champion, so they may want to challenge you AS the Champion, just to try to steal your tittle.. or what? once ur dream its complete, all other's dreams are dead? hahaha

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I wish there was wifi tournaments that acted sort of like the Pokemon league from the anime. where if you lose you're out.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't think it has been confirmed.

It's weird anyway. Why would a goat of all things be a transportation method on a huge modern city? Not to mention there doesn't seem to be any ranch nearby, judging from the map.
It makes more sense if we can ride Gogoat anywhere.

Try the route southwest of Lumiose City. That looks like it could be a ranch.

metalbryce

Observer
So the discussion in the character thread just got me thinking. When we're going to be in battle, the trainer will probably through of the pokeball on screen right? And the trainer will be in it's full 3D model so when we change outfits that'll show up on the battle screen? Well a cool DLC would be that we could add accessories to our Pokemon that stay on in battle. But like they'd be specific for certain Pokemon. Like you could give a Squirtle sunglasses like the anime. Or you could give any of the starter from the Mystery Dungeon series those little bandanas. It could just be a nice little extra touch.
Oh, and down the line maybe like if your Pokemon is holding a Choice Scarf they could show it in battle with a scarf around its neck. And they could do that with a lot of hold items but not necessarily every one because that wouldn't make too much sense sometimes.

metalbryce

Observer

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I wish there was wifi tournaments that acted sort of like the Pokemon league from the anime. where if you lose you're out.

I hope they actually add some features to the Wifi capabilities and online play. Tournament modes and other features isn't rare to other games with online, so it'd be neat if Pokemon, a game that always encouraged friendly play, would look into this.

storm12

Weather Bearer
I've just realised we haven't actually seen Yveltal or Xerneas ingame properly- their battle models will probably look AWESOME! All the legends will probably look so epic in battle in 3D. I reckon Yveltal will look kind of creepy tbh, but I like it :p

metalbryce

Observer
I've just realised we haven't actually seen Yveltal or Xerneas ingame properly- their battle models will probably look AWESOME! All the legends will probably look so epic in battle in 3D. I reckon Yveltal will look kind of creepy tbh, but I like it :p

I know! I can't wait to see what they look like. And since you mentioned Yveltal in battle, it got me thinking. I can't wait to see how the camera tracks Fly attack. I really hope it shows the bird flying up and keeps it there and makes it look good! And I hope when weather happens it happens constantly throughout battle.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I know! I can't wait to see what they look like. And since you mentioned Yveltal in battle, it got me thinking. I can't wait to see how the camera tracks Fly attack. I really hope it shows the bird flying up and keeps it there and makes it look good! And I hope when weather happens it happens constantly throughout battle.

I'd either like Fly to make the Pokemon ascend and kind of hide in clouds, then come down and attack, or, fly up, and keep on circling above the battle-field; fine with either.

Also, do you think they'll show the size of Pokemon accurately? I really liked it when they made Wailord massive in Coloseum.

Regality

Digital King
..I wonder if they will bring size into battles, like Yveltal is 19ft(?), so will it be huge on the screen? And will it be obviously a lot bigger than say Joltik which should look tiny?

EDIT - Damn you Roy!

metalbryce

Observer
I'd either like Fly to make the Pokemon ascend and kind of hide in clouds, then come down and attack, or, fly up, and keep on circling above the battle-field; fine with either.

Also, do you think they'll show the size of Pokemon accurately? I really liked it when they made Wailord massive in Coloseum.

Circling would be AWESOME.

And I hope that make everything proportional. Joltik will look so small compared to Yveltal but it'd be such a very nice touch.

storm12

Weather Bearer
These ideas for Fly would be amazing! But what about Dive?

Circling above would look cool. I reckon they will try and get a sense of scale in battle, but can you imagine Wailord battling Joltik? The camera would go crazy! The biggest thing we've seen in battle is Gogoat I believe, against Pancham? I couldn't really tell if it was too scale tbh. I dunno. Crazy.

Regality

Digital King
These ideas for Fly would be amazing! But what about Dive?

Circling above would look cool. I reckon they will try and get a sense of scale in battle, but can you imagine Wailord battling Joltik? The camera would go crazy! The biggest thing we've seen in battle is Gogoat I believe, against Pancham? I couldn't really tell if it was too scale tbh. I dunno. Crazy.

For dive... a medium-sized circle of water could appear underneath your pokemon, and your pokemon dives underneath for one turn? Maybe with you being able to see it floating underwater?
Or, it turns the whole battlefield, except your opponents circle, into water and you circle the opponent underwater?

storm12

Weather Bearer
For dive... a medium-sized circle of water could appear underneath your pokemon, and your pokemon dives underneath for one turn? Maybe with you being able to see it floating underwater?
Or, it turns the whole battlefield, except your opponents circle, into water and you circle the opponent underwater?

The circling underwater would be incredibly cool, though I imagine it will probably be like you said, a puddle appears, the pokemon drops- the puddle stays their ominously until next turn and then the pokemon reappears to attack. Same with Dig probably too.

I can't remember who it was that said constant weather- but that would be amazing, Sandstorm and Hail especially! I'd kind of like another weather condition this gen tbh- probably unnecessary and what not, but it would be cool. I've heard some people taking about like a 'Gale' strong wind condition, that could increase the Speed of Flying types as well as their attack power? Possibly do something regarding trapping moves.... :O what if it prevented the use of entry hazards for a number of turns? Because they are blown away :O that would probably be deemed 'broken' but tbh, Flying types could really do with some love after Gamefreak inflicted Stealth Rock on them. I won't get all meta here- tbh, I don't really play meta, but just the idea of Stealth Rock p*sses me off- because so many of my favorite pokemon like Scyther and Crobat get a big ol' chunk snatched from them.

I dunno, I jsut some thoughts.

adamfitz

poké-lover
As for the size of pokemon battle
I'm really interested about this!, I mean how would wailord and joltick look in a battle or even in a double battle side by side
This game is amazing with proportions and sizes
So I'm sure they will have them very close to their size but I don't think they will be gigantic or teeny tiny.
I liked how things were in revolution
I allways use cherrim along with various others and although very small it was still visible a lot of the time

____

As for dive and dig
I think your pokemon will go under leaving a hole or puddle
Then on the next turn a trail of water or dirt will strike at your opponent then ur pokemon appears doing its physical attack animation

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Actually, tying into what you said, Storm, about wind blowing away hazards, I think it'd be pretty cool if certain Flying-types had an ability that blows away entry hazards upon entry.

"Due to [insert Poke here]'s [insert name of ability], the Spikes are unable to take hold!"
Same with Stealth Rock.

metalbryce

Observer
The circling underwater would be incredibly cool, though I imagine it will probably be like you said, a puddle appears, the pokemon drops- the puddle stays their ominously until next turn and then the pokemon reappears to attack. Same with Dig probably too.

I can't remember who it was that said constant weather- but that would be amazing, Sandstorm and Hail especially! I'd kind of like another weather condition this gen tbh- probably unnecessary and what not, but it would be cool. I've heard some people taking about like a 'Gale' strong wind condition, that could increase the Speed of Flying types as well as their attack power? Possibly do something regarding trapping moves.... :O what if it prevented the use of entry hazards for a number of turns? Because they are blown away :O that would probably be deemed 'broken' but tbh, Flying types could really do with some love after Gamefreak inflicted Stealth Rock on them. I won't get all meta here- tbh, I don't really play meta, but just the idea of Stealth Rock p*sses me off- because so many of my favorite pokemon like Scyther and Crobat get a big ol' chunk snatched from them.

I dunno, I jsut some thoughts.

I said something about constant weather. It would be more realistic and add to the battle. And that way we wouldn't have to click through a notification every turn saying "it's raining"

I am interested in seeing if they'll try to put fish into water very much or if they'll just keep them floating

I also would like better graphics for when a Pokemon is Levitating. When I'm passively battling through unimportant trainers in the game I sometimes feel like an idiot because I'll use a ground move when I should've known better. Obviously when I'm really focusing on a battle I get it right every time, but it'd just be cool for an effect to happen to better indicate it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.