• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcer

Shur'tugal
Maybe one that involves riding a Pokemon, like how we can ride Gogoats in Lumiose City. Maybe Charge, a move that gives the player a saddle on the field to let it ride it, and in battle it charges at the opponent. Not very creative, but what else could there be.
Or…
For those of you who remember Relic Castle's first floor, there were those sand pits. Maybe the new HM could implement standing over loose sand and letting the Pokémon dig out the hidden stairwell, pathway, or pit. In battle it would be a stronger ground move than Dig, but only take up one turn.

I hope there will be some kind of "lava surf" to get across the lava. In Stark Mountain and Reversal Mountain, there was lava. Maybe they could make some alternate kind of Surf with lava. Like Torkoal did in Mystery Dungeon.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
That would look really weird in public.

Ha! just imagine.... in public throwing your arm like crazy trying to catch some legendary and people think you have terets or think your some retard :p

I hope there will be some kind of "lava surf" to get across the lava. In Stark Mountain and Reversal Mountain, there was lava. Maybe they could make some alternate kind of Surf with lava. Like Torkoal did in Mystery Dungeon.

the move could be: Broil like broiling water

Ayra

~Master Coordinator~
I'm hoping for Contests, preferably ones that smack together the Dress-up and Dancing rounds of DPPt and the Appeal Round of RSE, the Pokétch, something similar to the PokéStar Studios, a Battle Frontier, the PWT, a Medal system, something like the Join Avenue, something to raise Contest condition like Poffin, Secret Bases, and events that happen, such as the furniture sales and the Block Master, after you beat the League. They're definitely going to have a way to bring the Pokémon from DPPt, BW, B2W2 into XY. That was given with the new form of Mewtwo.

~Ayra~;267;

Maybe one that involves riding a Pokemon, like how we can ride Gogoats in Lumiose City. Maybe Charge, a move that gives the player a saddle on the field to let it ride it, and in battle it charges at the opponent. Not very creative, but what else could there be.
Or…
For those of you who remember Relic Castle's first floor, there were those sand pits. Maybe the new HM could implement standing over loose sand and letting the Pokémon dig out the hidden stairwell, pathway, or pit. In battle it would be a stronger ground move than Dig, but only take up one turn.

The move 'Charge' already exists. It raises the Pokémon's electric move's power.

~Ayra~;267;

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
That would be hard to pull off.

I like the idea of using the gyroscope to aim the Poke Ball, though.

Yeah, this is better. Probably like flicking your 3DS forward a bit to increase the chances of getting a critical hit, Which would also look a bit weird in public. Or maybe there is some kind of thing that shows your protagonist's arm moving in slow motion and you have to tilt your 3DS forward and you match the movement to ensure a critical catch or sure catch.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Critical catch?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Yeah, this is better. Probably like flicking your 3DS forward a bit to increase the chances of getting a critical hit, Which would also look a bit weird in public. Or maybe there is some kind of thing that shows your protagonist's arm moving in slow motion and you have to tilt your 3DS forward and you match the movement to ensure a critical catch or sure catch.

I forgot critical captures even existed. Yeah, that's perfect.

Critical catch?

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/capture.shtml

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I forgot critical captures even existed. Yeah, that's perfect.

Wow, sounds like you've never had one. :(

But yeah, that's my take on how the capture mechanics may change. It's still likely GameFreak may not incorporate this since many new players I've seen just mash the A button and don't get the necessary info. Besides GameFreak doesn't want the game to be too complicated for the kids.

Roy9

Sinnoh Master
I don't know if this already been said before, but what if you can only reach a city/location/route by Gogoats/other Pokemon to progress in the story? So after the 4th badge you can find Gogoats on route ... then you travel BACK (because I don't want to be it linear) to a city amd you can follow the next route for your 5th badge.
Wow, sounds like you've never had one. :(

But yeah, that's my take on how the capture mechanics may change. It's still likely GameFreak may not incorporate this since many new players I've seen just mash the A button and don't get the necessary info. Besides GameFreak doesn't want the game to be too complicated for the kids.
I still mash the A-button... (Hehe)

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I don't know if this already been said before, but what if you can only reach a city/location/route by Gogoats/other Pokemon to progress in the story? So after the 4th badge you can find Gogoats on route ... then you travel BACK (because I don't want to be it linear) to a city amd you can follow the next route for your 5th badge.

Sounds a bit like regional discussion, but I think this was done in Sinnoh. After you battled Fantina/Melissa, you'd have to travel back to Jubilife City to get to Canalave city and battle Byron. In BW2, you battle Drayden, and go back to Undella Town to travel to Humilau City and battle Marlon.
This isn't new and it seems like its a standard implementation.

Roy9

Sinnoh Master
Sounds a bit like regional discussion, but I think this was done in Sinnoh. After you battled Fantina/Melissa, you'd have to travel back to Jubilife City to get to Canalave city and battle Byron. In BW2, you battle Drayden, and go back to Undella Town to travel to Humilau City and battle Marlon.
This isn't new and it seems like its a standard implementation.
oh, you're right this belongs in regio discussion. But I only want to this:
I know that this was done in Sinnoh and older regions, but not really in Unova. (Yeah, your example, but in BW it was one straight line and BW2 was limited in traveling backwards.) Sinnoh is a lot of traveling backwards and I like that. Thats why I want this region to be less linear then Unova.

Really sorry for going off-topic, but it was more an addition of me about the Gogoat HM thing.

Anyway, I've a question:
I'm hoping for a 95BP 100 Acc. fighting move, but how should they call that move?

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I know that this was done in Sinnoh and older regions, but not really in Unova. (Yeah, your example, but in BW it was one straight line and BW2 was limited in traveling backwards.) Sinnoh is a lot of traveling backwards and I like that. Thats why I want this region to be less linear then Unova.

Really sorry for going off-topic, but it was more an addition of me about the Gogoat HM thing.

Anyway, I've a question:
I'm hoping for a 95BP 100 Acc. fighting move, but how should they call that move?

MegatonKick. Though, in my FakeDex, that move is a 120 move. XD

Regality

Digital King

Anyway, I've a question:

Choke slam. And make it an Undertaker pokemon. Dark/Fighting.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Choke slam. And make it an Undertaker pokemon. Dark/Fighting.

Choke Slam is a Dark/Fighting typed Pokemon? Um…
I like MoM's answer. Megaton Kick sounds like a Steel movem but it's still a hard-hitting kick, so it could still be fighting.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I like MoM's answer. Megaton Kick sounds like a Steel movem but it's still a hard-hitting kick, so it could still be fighting.

Oh, you must be the first person on this site to call me MoM. Thank you. :3

Well, it would even be a Normal move, but I think Fighting would fit the best.

Also, Moves and such isn't off topic here, I hope?

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Oh, you must be the first person on this site to call me MoM. Thank you. :3

Well, it would even be a Normal move, but I think Fighting would fit the best.

Also, Moves and such isn't off topic here, I hope?

Moves and battle mechanics are part of gameplay discussion. Catching Pokémon and capture mechanics are also part of gameplay and not part of dex discussion.

Mega Kick and Mega Punch are normal moves, but Megaton might force GameFreak to revisualize it as a Fighting move.

And I looked back at your username and it's properly initialled MOM, not MoM.

Regality

Digital King

Noooo, the move is called choke slam, but the pokemon that learns it is based on an undertaker!

(Have you ever seen WWE?)

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Moves and battle mechanics are part of gameplay discussion. Catching Pokémon and capture mechanics are also part of gameplay and not part of dex discussion.

Mega Kick and Mega Punch are normal moves, but Megaton might force GameFreak to revisualize it as a Fighting move.

And I looked back at your username and it's properly initialled MOM, not MoM.

Thanks, good to know~

That is true, but I doubt they'd change moves' Types, honestly. Though those attacks do sound more Fighting. But if Megaton Kick was a real attack, I'd prefer it being Fighting. ^^

(also, that is true, but I think I couldn't have it like that because someone already had that username here...)

Status
Not open for further replies.