• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
why is no one else intigued by the idea of your mom saving your money again? this was one of the best features in any game because of the amount of money you got from it when you needed it and it is something every mom should do.

I want that back..... if i ran outta money i could always go home and grab some more

sunny phoenix

I would like for the character to be able to lose.... what i mean is:

1st) When u lose the battle with your rival, u just lost and u get repeat it....

2nd) when u lose from gym leaders the next time u go to challenge them, the system acknowledges the fact that u already challenged them and that u lost, so when u battle gym leaders again they have quotes like: " what makes u think this time u will win?", " i admire your persistence" "no matter how many times u come at me u wont win" etc etc... u get the point

they had done something like that in yellow where your rival's eevee would evolve depending on your interaction with him

Last edited:

Georgie Pie

As convenient as having your mom save money for you is, I'd almost rather have some sort of bank-account system:

-Deposit money at the main bank/ATMs (located in the Pokemon Centers for at least the larger towns)
-Accumulate interest over time (more badges = better interest)
-Option to "autosend" money to the bank after battles (like with your mom in GSCetc)
-Earn fun prizes when you save up certain amounts of money

I'd find this much more preferable than having to run back home when I want money, and it'd stop your mom from spending your cash...

absolfusion

Soon.......
12.jpg Could that other button be for contest effects? Some might say that it's probably just a space for event ribbons but I don't think so. First, these are your STARTERS, so why would you need an extra screen for event ribbons when they obviously aren't going to have them. Second, in the fifth generation new pokemon or old pokemon without ribbons didnt have the ribbons button because there was obviously no way to obtain them, so why start showing them now?

Bariokie

rock dog
View attachment 9363 Could that other button be for contest effects? Some might say that it's probably just a space for event ribbons but I don't think so. First, these are your STARTERS, so why would you need an extra screen for event ribbons when they obviously aren't going to have them. Second, in the fifth generation new pokemon or old pokemon without ribbons didnt have the ribbons button because there was obviously no way to obtain them, so why start showing them now?

I guess you can see the: cool,smart thingy if the attack there.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
do you guys think there's a reason why we haven't had a dark-type gym? I think we should have had at least one by now. I mean, the generation it was introduced (along with steel-type) had a gym of the other new type and I think dark should have gotten the same treatment. But it didnt, and to this day, we haven't seen a dark-type gym. and I'm wondering if there is a reason for it or if it's just a "coincidence" and it hasn't happened yet.

what are your thoughts?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't think Skateboard is best suited to various terrains especially if you're heading uphill. Bicycle is still the best form of quick transportation for the main character.

That's the beauty of it, though. Different vehicles would have different uses.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
do you guys think there's a reason why we haven't had a dark-type gym? I think we should have had at least one by now. I mean, the generation it was introduced (along with steel-type) had a gym of the other new type and I think dark should have gotten the same treatment. But it didnt, and to this day, we haven't seen a dark-type gym. and I'm wondering if there is a reason for it or if it's just a "coincidence" and it hasn't happened yet.

what are your thoughts?

I bet it's not a coincidence but GF's choice to avoid creating one for some reason.

Ditto24

what are your thoughts?

Well in GSC it became the final E4 and Karen was awesome imo. Hoenn was elite again and I think its coz most gyms reflect the surroundings of the city...no town or city can reflect dark that well, unless its a town thats surrounded my huge mountains so the place doesn't get much sunlight... but I agree its about time we got one!

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Well in GSC it became the final E4 and Karen was awesome imo. Hoenn was elite again and I think its coz most gyms reflect the surroundings of the city...no town or city can reflect dark that well, unless its a town thats surrounded my huge mountains so the place doesn't get much sunlight... but I agree its about time we got one!

But Dark is about 'Evil and fighting Dirty' and such, so being in the shade wouldn't make sense for it to be a Dark Gym town. ^^

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
But Dark is about 'Evil and fighting Dirty' and such, so being in the shade wouldn't make sense for it to be a Dark Gym town. ^^

that's true. and I hadn't really thought about the city's environment reflecting the gym's type. but it makes sense. if anything I think a place like virbank city would have been perfect for a dark-type gym.

Ditto24

I guess, but it was just a theory, if its about 'fighting dirty' what kind of town would it have to be?

....Mafia Town :D

sunny phoenix

But there are many towns that doesnt reflect the gyms type...
Celadon
Fuchsia
Saffron
Violet
Cianwood
Olivine
Dewford
Mauville
Mossdeep
etc etc

Ditto24

But there are many towns that doesnt reflect the gyms type...
Celadon
Fuchsia
Saffron
Violet
Cianwood
Olivine
Dewford
Mauville
Mossdeep
etc etc

Hence why I said MOST gyms, but yeah Most of Kanto dont, but I always saw Saffron as making sense coz of Silph. Co lots of scientists work there and so Psychic for high intelligence/ Same goes for Mossdeep with the space centre. But Sinnoh and Unova are very themed related.

adl222

Hence why I said MOST gyms, but yeah Most of Kanto dont, but I always saw Saffron as making sense coz of Silph. Co lots of scientists work there and so Psychic for high intelligence/ Same goes for Mossdeep with the space centre. But Sinnoh and Unova are very themed related.

i wouldnt even say most its about half of all gyms so far type reflect on the city or town.
i personally would like to see a dark gym is has never been done before.

sunny phoenix

i wouldnt even say most its about half of all gyms so far type reflect on the city or town.

it mostly happens with elemental gyms cause its easy....water gyms cause just place them on a sea related area..... Ice place them ina snowy area... fire on a volcano etc

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
@Weavile606
I've actually never thought about that either... I can't even remember if there are much towns that reflects the Gyms (excluding volcanoes and towns near/in oceans, of course)~

@Ditty24
lol, Maffia town would be awesome. Maybe they could even throw in Team Rocket again. :p

sunny phoenix

actually 4 of sinnoh gyms doesnt fit the type...
Veilstone
Hearthome
Canalave
Sunyshore

and about unova

Striaton
Nacrene
Castelia
Opelucid

Again the ones that have a theme between city and gym are the easy to do it water, flying, ground, grass, ice etc

Point is we can have a Dark type gym without needing a city to fill the theme

Last edited:

Ditto24

Pewter: Mt.Moon is next route and they have a fossil museum
Cerulean: I'll give you this one but it does have a famous river and peer
Vermillion: Again, no explanation
Celadon: While nothing screams Grass, the entire city is surrounded by many trees, more than most other towns atleast.
Fuschia: I have no idea about this one.
Saffron: Silph co. has high intel people to make products, hence Psychic
Cinnibar: Volcano
Viridian: No idea

Like I said before, Kanto didnt seem to have the rule implemented yet. But remember these town used to be in certain colours on the GB and that links to their respective types Gyms

Violet: It's fairly open-spaced so maybe flying?
Azelea: Forest next door
Goldenrod: just a NORMAL big city
Ecruteak: Myths, Myths, Myths
Cianwood: idk
Olivine: idk
Mahogany: Ice path just ahead
Blackthorn: Dragon cave

Rustboro: Mr stone stone=rock
Dewford: is odd and i have no idea
Mauville: Is actually obvious as new mauvill is next door and its a big gambling town due to the game corner
Lavaridge: again obvious
Petalburg: Normal town, doesnt reflect anything major
Fortree: High in Trees
Mossdeep: Intelligent people working in Space station
Sootopolis: WATER

And I can give reason for all of Sinnoh and Unova.....

I know I went abit mad but I'm showing its waaaay more than half the cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.