• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regality

Digital King
Nah! It would have a ground battle more than a Sky Battle. Diglett's underside must be kept a secret!
Sky battles sound like a good way to have Flying or Dragon gym leader battles.

If there is something like the battle facilities, I bet one will be sky battles..

darthscyther123

Meowth says, "I don't believe in fairies!"

It's Super Effective!

Sylveon fainted!

Regality

Digital King
Not to be a dick but your question is ironic considering there are screenshots right above you showing Haunter, a non-flying type.

Flying and Levitating pokemon.
Haunters ability is levitate.

edonub

Stroking a pokemon and poking him with your stick.

It sounds so wrong.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm guessing that sky battles may be optional whether you have a flying type/floating Pokemon or not. It looks just like a regular battle but on a different terrain.

rocky505

Just because of Fairy type we are guaranteed many new things.

1. Arceus form( I see them just reusing the ??? one)
2. Type boosting item(Like Charcoal for fire types)
3. Weakening berry(Like the yache berry)
4. Fairy Gem to boost Fairy moves

Cerex

I'm guessing that sky battles may be optional whether you have a flying type/floating Pokemon or not. It looks just like a regular battle but on a different terrain.
What will be interesting is to see how Pokemon who float as part of their animation--save for water, fish Pokemon (but that is a completely different topic/frustration)--may or may not participate in sky battles. Venomoth, Chandelure, Beedrill comes to mind.

I'm sure the could program that in, but I also guess it is easier on their end to just limit it to just Flying type and Levitate Ability Pokemon.

Kall El

..Silence..
Sky battles look really awesome :3
Thinking about it, it seems to be just a regular battle like someone posted above, but at the same time it oozes "Pokeathlon" or just the new battling mode of this generation like we had triple/rotation in 5th Gen.
Again, it looks amazing. The route below has a path that has two options, which I hope is how Kalos routes will look like. Less linearity = More fun exploring,right? :]

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Just because of Fairy type we are guaranteed many new things.

1. Arceus form( I see them just reusing the ??? one)
2. Type boosting item(Like Charcoal for fire types)
3. Weakening berry(Like the yache berry)
4. Fairy Gem to boost Fairy moves

Fairy-typed Arceus?
Just…… perfect?
"I'm the God of all Pokémon! Fear me and my power of the pixies!" <glares at Sinnoh Legendary Dragons as they snicker>

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Fairy-typed Arceus?
Just…… perfect?
"I'm the God of all Pokémon! Fear me and my power of the pixies!" <glares at Sinnoh Legendary Dragons as they snicker>

A hot pink Arceus will be destroying the uber metagame. Don't laugh!

Kylesico912X

Fairy type. I'm glad that I have a new way to fight dragons. Ice types may be my favorite type of all time but it doesn't mean I always want to have one or a dragon type on every team I get together so I can counter this type.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
A hot pink Arceus will be destroying the uber metagame. Don't laugh!

I cannot help but laugh. I will definitely use Fairy Arceus!
And how isn't Moonblast not like SolarBeam?! I saw a moon version of SolarBeam in the trailer, but I read the description and it sounds like a cheap attack, with the lowering of attack! It's just a Growl that inflicts damage. And Snarl has to become mor common this gen, hopefully.

Firebrand

Indomitable
So... sky battles. To me, it just seems like a regular pokemon battle where ground type moves aren't used. We've had aesthetics on the battlefield for going on three generations, so grass, sand, city streets, water, etc. and so far it just seems like this is the same thing... only in the sky. Unless there's a previously unheard of mechanic that goes into these battles, I'm not seeing what the big deal is.

The only "trick" to them I can think of would be something like Emerald's Battle Palace, where you had to rely on your pokemon to choose it's own moves. The trainer is far below on the ground and the pokemon can't hear you, so you've just got to hope it does what you want.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
The only "trick" to them I can think of would be something like Emerald's Battle Palace, where you had to rely on your pokemon to choose it's own moves. The trainer is far below on the ground and the pokemon can't hear you, so you've just got to hope it does what you want.

Well, as we've seen throughout the franchise, GameFreak doesn't implement alot of logic into the games, so maybe this will happen, maybe it won't happen at all. It's logical, and creative, but we also have to consider the heightened sense of hearing animals have. Haunter may just be a ghost, but probably it can hear you anyway.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't think any pokemon will get types replaced or removed, just added, because I imagine that'd make trouble transferring from old games to the new gen. Just my take. Moves may get retyped, though.

Yeah, but Jigglypuff doesn't really have any Normal qualities now, just Fairy qualities. That's why Normal/Fairy makes less sense than pure Fairy. I think it's okay to replace older types with Fairy if the original type doesn't really fit them.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Rhyhorn is ridable.

Status
Not open for further replies.