• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~

D!3g0

If they fail at transfering pokemon from older versions to X/Y how are we going to complete the national dex?

Also, one of the rumors from PokeBeach said that the other professor will give one of the Kanto startes after doing I don't remember what, then what about the other starters from other regions? Transfering is a must.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
If they fail at transfering pokemon from older versions to X/Y how are we going to complete the national dex?

Buying future games; same way we completed the RS National Dex.

I honestly have no doubt in my mind that they'll figure out a way to transfer old 'mons, anyway.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Fairy - Type. I still can't believe it. After all these years, I thought up of new types for future gens: Wind, Heart, Light, Virus; and fairy never even entered my mind.

fitzy909

Just another guy

Also, one of the rumors from PokeBeach said that the other professor will give one of the Kanto startes after doing I don't remember what, then what about the other starters from other regions? Transfering is a must.
they'll find a way. no one really knows how as of yet, but i bet they will. they've managed it before so now should be no different.

JW1004

yeah, it will be interesting what they will develop with sending your Pokémon to XY, with the whole DS-3DS thing.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
I swear the feeding and petting part is just like Kingdom Hearts with the Dream Eaters. Kinda makes sense since both are on the same system. Fairy Type super effective against Dragon. The tides have changed again,

Cutty

Forever now
Getting help from pokemon for a certain task sounds like Pokemon Ranger...
The sky battle is kinda cool I guess... It's kinda too late for them to implement it...
Also the horde encounter can a nightmare or bliss... I hope it'll make training/leveling up easier...

So far so good...

Geekachu

Let's say my Eelektross uses Gastro Acid on an opponent's Pokemon with Levitate, though. Is that an automatic KO because they can no longer float, thus being ineligible to fight in the first place? What about my Swoobat Tricking a Levitating Pokemon an Iron Ball? What about my Landorus using Smack Down? What about anything using Gravity?

It's going to look so messed up seeing an Eelektross battling a Carnivine or a Doduo about 50ft up in the air.

As for that, I guess they can't do anything other than just 'disqualify' the Pokemon from battle but at the same time it's too op. 'Dragonite used roost... Dragonite plummeted to it's death.' I'm guessing though that these are going to be incredibly minute additions, despite the 'revolutionising of gameplay', much like the triple and rotational battles in BW, if I can even pluralise 'battle' there.

gpt11

I bet with aerial battles certain move and items wont be allowed for the reason they prevent flight Iron Ball, Gravity, Smack Down (the latter I only really see being used)

danburite3

I've seen a couple of comments about the incompatibility between the DS and the 3DS, and how it might mean that we can't transfer our Pokemon to X and Y.

But there's a solution.

Game Sync. Think about it: we're uploading our save files to Nintendo's servers. All they have to do, is release a 3DS app that logs into your Pokemon Global Link account once you've synced your game, and then it adds either all, or whichever Pokemon you choose, to your X or Y game. Easy.

Regality

Digital King
Getting help from pokemon for a certain task sounds like Pokemon Ranger...
The sky battle is kinda cool I guess... It's kinda too late for them to implement it...
Also the horde encounter can a nightmare or bliss... I hope it'll make training/leveling up easier...

So far so good...

Horde battle. 5 Blisseys. Gastly level 1 with lucky egg.

DAT EXP.

Kian D

Grandmaster of time
I'm wondering if you can choose one of your own music tracks before the battle? or should it be from the game's music database?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm wondering if you can choose one of your own music tracks before the battle? or should it be from the game's music database?

I think it would be limited to the game's music selection.
Using custom music will require the other players to have your own music...

Regality

Digital King
Rematch battles are very easy to do after one battle is completed.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.