• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espeon POWER!

Coral Eye Trainer
With the roundtable info all consolidated it's making me think that the Rhyhorn we see outside the house the PC comes out of at the start of the 2nd trailer is part of the riding pokemon service, which would be pretty neat.

sunny phoenix

we already have 3 new fire type pokemon and with hoondour probably be in the game... i smell a fire type gym...

AcethePuma

FireFist
arena.jpg

i hope this picture works...haven´t put one up for some time.... i already stated it quite some pages ago but as it looks the white tower (eifel tower) will be an gym??? in my opinion it´s the gym logo

if the video doesn´t work just look at the teaser trailer at the main site (the 2 minute long one) it´s at second 0:34

so any thoughts about it? i mean maybe they´ll do a flying type gym where you have to fight with flying/levitating pokemon above the city! now that would be AWESOME!

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
The horde battles sound pretty intense. Also ridingon rhyhorn reminds me of the flame pokemon athon episode in the anime =D

gpt11

With the roundtable info all consolidated it's making me think that the Rhyhorn we see outside the house the PC comes out of at the start of the 2nd trailer is part of the riding pokemon service, which would be pretty neat.

Im not so sure it appears to be sleeping in your garden it may be your mothers? maybe she doesn't own a car?

The horde battles sound pretty intense. Also ridingon rhyhorn reminds me of the flame pokemon athon episode in the anime =D

horde battles are going to be tough AND LONG if your pokemon don't know moves that affect more than one Pokémon

also i hope they give you some kind of advantage like the pokemon will either be slower or a lower level than yours! can you imagine being hit 5 times before you even attack?

god forbid a horde of Zubat appear!!!

confuser987

I am actually surprised Hoard Battles are made for the main games. What does that stop us from using more than one pokemon and can you catch more than one pokemon or do you have to KO the others.

gpt11

I am actually surprised Hoard Battles are made for the main games. What does that stop us from using more than one pokemon and can you catch more than one pokemon or do you have to KO the others.

we are only seen with 1 pokemon vs 5 and judging by the last games we would need to beat 4/5 to throw a pokeball

ebevan91

we already have 3 new fire type pokemon and with hoondour probably be in the game... i smell a fire type gym...

I'm glad we're getting a bunch of new fire types because Gens 4 and 5 were really week in regards to that type.

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
Anyone think there will be chained attacks to handle hordes? Like instead of one attack that hits everything at once, maybe an attack that hit's one Pokemon after another in succession, and increases damage with each extra Pokemon.

For example:
Pokemon 1 is hit with Move X for 50 base damage
Pokemon 2 is hit with Move X for 70 base damage
Pokemon 3 is hit with Move X for 90 base damage
Pokemon 4 is hit with Move X for 110 base damage
Pokemon 5 is hit with Move X for 130 base damage

If there's just a horde of 4, than it only goes up to 110 if just 3, then 90. And maybe you can choose the order you hit the Pokemon to strategize which gets the weaker and stronger hits.
This can also be used in double and triple battles, though obviously not as useful. And it's virtually useless in single battle, which is a good balance.

ebevan91

Horde battle. 5 Blisseys. Gastly level 1 with lucky egg.

DAT EXP.

Horde battle vs. 5 of them while your Pokemon is ALSO traded. How about that?

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist

frogofdoom555

(>:O) FFFFFFUUUUUU
I'm wondering about how you could catch pokemon in horde battles. Will we have to leave only one like in the past generations? Either way, I love the idea.

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
I hope you can use Pokemon Amie on that Rhyhorn at your house! :3

Oh and Pokemon Amie + Lopunny = *shivers*

...There. I said it.

Pilpulp

美的
So there are sky battles... Underwater battles maybe?

They did say there was more surprises for battles and stuff I thought.

Last edited:

k6666

Pikachu Fan
i hope we still got the day night system cause all the trailer shot in day time its kinda worries me :(

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
i hope we still got the day night system cause all the trailer shot in day time its kinda worries me :(

I know, it probably will though. There was uproar when RSE didn't have it so.

I hope pokemon transfer is still there. Want to send my favourite pokemon from my old games. They could make it an external storage system app on the eshop. Sending pokemon from the olds game to this storage and then forwarding then forwards them onto the X/Y game when requested. No ds required so fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.