• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
People are freaking our because of horde battles it's not that serious it's not gonna be like every step 5 zubats attck, there's obviously gonna be somekinda rarity to it.

xXdArKvOidXx

Sceptile Slayer
People are freaking our because of horde battles it's not that serious it's not gonna be like every step 5 zubats attck, there's obviously gonna be somekinda rarity to it.

Lol, you though millions of zubats were bad. Try multiplying that by 5 and dealing with that, lol.

fitzy909

Just another guy

i'm guessing it will either only be in certain areas or only happen a certain amount of the time.

I would like hordes to be double-grass taken one step further. So if you walk in 'horde-grass' you would have 20-30% chance of running into a horde. I imagine this grass would be quite tall as it is supposed to hold up to 5 Pokemon.

xXdArKvOidXx

Sceptile Slayer
I would like hordes to be double-grass taken one step further. So if you walk in 'horde-grass' you would have 20-30% chance of running into a horde. I imagine this grass would be quite tall as it is supposed to hold up to 5 Pokemon.

Yeah, I can kinda tell it's going to be like that.

NotChip

®™
I think it's safe to assume that horde battles will NOT be just random chance in any patch of grass. If it were, then you would have a hard time trying to get past the first few minutes of the game - like before you have even caught a wild Pokemon and your level 5 starter is then pitched against 5 level 4 Houndours...

As what most people are saying, it will probably be similar to double battles in the dark grass. (or other environment equivalents, since we've seen the Axew horde in a cave)

Last edited:

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Wasn't it stated that you will only encounter hoarde battles if you're in an area that your Pokemon are over leveled for?

Stardastarly

Sylveon~ :D
You're joking, right? The fact that they're in the game at all means we'll be knee deep in them.
What if they made it so only in some caves you could find them? Would that make people happy? Just make yourself knee-deep in Woobat or something in the other caves. Maybe if they had Zubat in all the caves, but at only 20% or something so they're no more common than other cave-dwelling Pokémon.

On the topic of Horde Battles, maybe if in long grass (Possibly Double-grass only, assuming it makes a return) you could have like a 10-15% chance of encountering a Horde Battle. In caves and on water maybe just with normal walking around they could have like a 5-10% chance of happening.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I doubt we will be seeing many Zubats in caves...hopefully

We most likelly will have Zubats in caves, since the dex isn't generation restricted anymore and since there are 3 diferent area dexes, I'm guessing the dex will be pretty damn huge, specially considering the problem with transfering old pokemon and all, they probably will make most pokemon available.

We most likelly will have Zubats in caves, since the dex isn't generation restricted anymore and since there are 3 diferent area dexes, I'm guessing the dex will be pretty damn huge, specially considering the problem with transfering old pokemon and all, they probably will make most pokemon available.

zubats were shown in a hoard battle on smash

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Thats what we are talking about, he was saying we probably wouldn't see them, aka saying that image is just an example or wtv, by now I think we are getting actual gameplay footage, not just test footage, that battle is somewhere ingame.

Ditto24

They know that, that's why they're discussing it. But it will work the same as shaking grass, it probs won't be activated until we have atleast 1 badge.

The Master Chief

I always hated running into zubat constantly but now i have to deal with hordes of them? Better get my repels ready..

I bet the horde encounter won't occur until maybe you're 3rd badge.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~

I just hope they have a level limit on them because if you face 5 of a certain pokemon that is around your level that seems kind of unfair. Like say they make hordes because they are weaker and can't you know attack on their own.

Ditto24

I just hope they have a level limit on them because if you face 5 of a certain pokemon that is around your level that seems kind of unfair. Like say they make hordes because they are weaker and can't you know attack on their own.

It will be like a regular battle, they will attack you. But GF have already said that their levels will be much lower than yours.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I wonder if we'll see Pokemon in horde battles that are evolved, despite being low leveled.

I love collecting the low leveled evolved Pokemon in HG/SS.....would be nice to see that return again. The only one we have in 5th Gen that I can recall, is the wild Wailord in Undella Bay that can appear at a level lower than 40 (I know that for sure, I have a level 39 one)

Status
Not open for further replies.